I click on the Listen Live button in the main station website (eg Radio 4), the iPlayer window opens and it asks me to either 'cancel' of 'save' the download of a file called r4_heaacv2.pls. Most times the iplayer just hangs and nothing happens. The BBC Radio website looks like it has changed overnight and yesterday I upgraded the OS on the Playbook (bad change control I know).
    Is there a sequence of events that I have to follow or is this just a matter of perseverance each time I want to listen. No problems with the new website on my old boiler of a Dell Laptop!
    10-09-12 04:02 AM
    Did you ever find out how to fix this problem? I'm getting exactly the same message as you...
    01-14-13 10:11 AM
    Had the same issue today, I navigated to the shows page and hit listen live from there, when I got the pop out player to load on a Page I made that a favorite also. It will then go there and you can search for shows/channels from there

BBC - Radio 6 Music Steve Lamacq - First play of the new Chap...

Is the address that I am using for the player.
    snow_stipple likes this.
    01-14-13 11:10 AM
    There was a previous thread a few weeks ago and I took a few tries to offer up an answer. The easiest thing to do right now is to just paste a link that works:

BBC - Radio 3 Afternoon on 3 - Episode 1

The link looks like the it will take you to that program but it is just the result of whatever show was on when the link was copied. You will still go to the live program.

If you then want to go to other BBC stations then sweep down from the top to get the address bar and highlight it to change to blue and tap again to be able to edit it. Change the three part of the address to four, two, or one to get those BBC Radio Stations.

Edit: The above paragraph suggestion of mine on how to get to the other three stations is not optimal. Instead, once you're on the radio player just use its Search Radioplayer or click on its various embedded links. Many more bbc stations and programs are available that way and quite easy to access.

Thanks neiltb for the better suggestion. Previously, I was only going to the four stations.
    Last edited by snow_stipple; 01-14-13 at 06:17 PM.
    01-14-13 11:11 AM
    Thank you both for replying. The links work perfectly. Cheers
    01-14-13 12:28 PM
    Thanks, the above link works great.
    01-22-13 04:58 PM
    You could try Nobex Radio app.
    01-22-13 06:52 PM
    The problem with Nobex is that it's free to start with but costs $4 a month for foreign stations thereafter.
    01-19-14 03:06 AM