Last night I was at a buddies hanging out, and we got into a little football disagreement. I went for my PB and he grabbed his IPad. Just as we both started to look up the answer he asked to trade to try the PB. Being the nice feller I am, i agreed. Well, i grab the Ipad and the find the answer we were looking, but he still hasn't seemed to find anything. I ask him what he is doing, his answer "Damn, this thing does alot more then that Ipad!"

Needless to say, i thought i was going to have to pry it out of his hands when i left! He said this week he'll be looking into getting a PB and his wife can keep her Ipad. lol

Just thought i'd share that little event with all ya'll.
    09-28-11 06:37 AM
    Did he elaborate on what functionalities he was using that he didn't use on the iPad?
    09-28-11 06:43 AM
    mainly it looked like he was just surfing the web. He looked at some of the apps I had it, and he really liked the speed of the internet just being bridged to my phone. As far actually features I'm not 100% sure what he was playing with. He did comment that the 7" screen was easier to look at then you thought it would be. And the size makes it alot easier to carry around and use on the move.

Now what i noticed about the Ipad which was my first time to ever hold one, was the size! I only looked up the information i needed, but it seemed really bulky to me since i've gotten use to holding the playbook. It was uncomfortable, and no matter how i tried to hold it seemed i couldnt keep one hand on it, it was like i had to hold it with both hands. So, my verdict with what i did, the Ipad is a nice piece of electronic but not user friendly when standing in a garage drinking beer.
    timmsy and Delil like this.
    09-28-11 06:59 AM
    totally, you the man, my boss just bought an ipad and i asked ot have a play as never sat down with one, after 5 minutes i was bored and started playing a game and then still got bored and put it down

but i will say anoyone who has lived with an ipad to use and uses the internet will automatically be impressed with the PB as Flash is one of the widely used internet coding used, so with it the playbook is miles more functional as they will just always get half loaded web pages or just error messages

an ipad is something to go look i have an ipad it looks amazing, but when you use it you realise it will stay at home unless you bring it out to specifically do something, i carry mine daily, i take it in Tesco and use the shopping list app and stuff, but i never see anyone walking about with an ipad, i only see it when somone goes: "oh hey i got some photos from my holiday on my ipad let me just go and grab it" they do some finger swiping and then dont show you anything else on it, they just put it away as all it is is novely and after playing for the first few days, you are bored of them.
    09-28-11 07:12 AM
    Last night I was at a buddies hanging out, and we got into a little football disagreement. I went for my PB and he grabbed his IPad. Just as we both started to look up the answer he asked to trade to try the PB. Being the nice feller I am, i agreed. Well, i grab the Ipad and the find the answer we were looking, but he still hasn't seemed to find anything. I ask him what he is doing, his answer "Damn, this thing does alot more then that Ipad!"
    Needless to say, i thought i was going to have to pry it out of his hands when i left! He said this week he'll be looking into getting a PB and his wife can keep her Ipad. lol

Last night I was at a buddies hanging out, and we got into a little football disagreement. I went for my PB and he grabbed his IPad.

Just as we both started to look up the answer he asked to trade to try the Ipad. Being the nice feller I am, i agreed. Well, i grab the Ipad and the find the answer we were looking, but he still hasn't seemed to find anything. I ask him what he is doing, his answer "Damn, this thing doesn't even have an nfl app. Where is the fantasy app? He was stunned by the lack of nfl games/madden and joked about it!"

Needless to say, he thought he was going to have to pry it out of my hands when i left!
    He said he can't believe I got a PB. lol
    I told him the he could get the pb at half the price of the ipad, and never told him I paid fille price.
    09-28-11 07:48 AM
    Why use a fantasy app when you can just use the Yahoo stat tracker! Much better then just looking at numbers that you have to keep refreshing! Why use an NFL app when you can just go to all the teams websites that have flash? Why play madden on a tablet when i can play it on my 65" LED/LCD using my PS3? Ohh yeah, i forgot Ipad cant do anything without apps, because why? Yeah, keep telling yourself apps are better then the actual sites.

Have a pleasant day.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-28-11 08:01 AM
    Why use a fantasy app when you can just use the Yahoo stat tracker! Much better then just looking at numbers that you have to keep refreshing! Why use an NFL app when you can just go to all the teams websites that have flash? Why play madden on a tablet when i can play it on my 65" LED/LCD using my PS3? Ohh yeah, i forgot Ipad cant do anything without apps, because why? Yeah, keep telling yourself apps are better then the actual sites.
    Have a pleasant day.
    Why use an NFL app when you can just go to all the teams websites that have flash?
    --Because apps are display the needed information more elegantly than going to individual website. ( e.g. Blackberry news app)

Why play madden on a tablet when i can play it on my 65" LED/LCD using my PS3?
    --Because I can't carry my hdtv and ps3 with me wherever I go

Ohh yeah, i forgot Ipad cant do anything without apps, because why?
    --Because it does not have flash which is used by many websites

Yeah, keep telling yourself apps are better then the actual sites.
    --in most cases, yes and I hope devs would make apps for pb as well.
    09-28-11 08:32 AM
    Why use an NFL app when you can just go to all the teams websites that have flash?
    --Because apps are display the needed information more elegantly than going to individual website. ( e.g. Blackberry news app)

Why play madden on a tablet when i can play it on my 65" LED/LCD using my PS3?
    --Because I can't carry my hdtv and ps3 with me wherever I go

Ohh yeah, i forgot Ipad cant do anything without apps, because why?
    --Because it does not have flash which is used by many websites

Yeah, keep telling yourself apps are better then the actual sites.
    --in most cases, yes and I hope devs would make apps for pb as well.
    Why are you even here? This is a PlayBook forum, not iPad. Look at the top of the web page; there is a link to the iPad forum. Did you post your story there? If not, why? Why do you feel the need to hangout in the PlayBook forum? Do you own a PlayBook?

Nothing personal and not trying to attach you, I just want to know why people like you feel the need to visit forums for devices they don't even own. I'll be copy/pasting this for every post like yours until I find the answer.

Each tablet does some things well, some not so well. It comes down to what the consumer selects to spend their money on. I come here because I enjoying reading the posts and to learn things about the PB that I don't know. I'm really, really tired of the negative posts like yours.
    09-28-11 08:48 AM
    Last night I was at a buddies hanging out, and we got into a little football disagreement. I went for my PB and he grabbed his IPad.

Just as we both started to look up the answer he asked to trade to try the Ipad.
    If you went for your PB, why would he ask to trade to try the iPad? And if you own the PB, which cost 499.00 for a 16GB at launch, why didn't you return it and purchase the iPad 2 for the same price? Just asking...
    09-28-11 08:52 AM
    I own a PlayBook & I happen to agree with him. Having an app with all the info in one place beats going to multiple websites & dealing with inconsistent navigation/plugins/advertisements etc... Am I a bad person?

Why are you even here? This is a PlayBook forum, not iPad. Look at the top of the web page; there is a link to the iPad forum. Did you post your story there? If not, why? Why do you feel the need to hangout in the PlayBook forum? Do you own a PlayBook?

Nothing personal and not trying to attach you, I just want to know why people like you feel the need to visit forums for devices they don't even own. I'll be copy/pasting this for every post like yours until I find the answer.

Each tablet does some things well, some not so well. It comes down to what the consumer selects to spend their money on. I come here because I enjoying reading the posts and to learn things about the PB that I don't know. I'm really, really tired of the negative posts like yours.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 09:01 AM
    I've had similar experiences with everyone that looks at the Playbook. BTW, you can pick up 2 Playbooks at Staples for the same price of 1 iPad2 right now.
    So you and your wife could video chat, surf the web, listen to true dual stereo speakers (iPad only had on little speaker underneat-it is amazing what marketing can do).

The Playbook has 10% more processing power, dual stereo speakers, better front and rear cameras, and it is super portable. My wife and I love ours and I just got my brother an awesome Christmas present yesterday.

I don't need someone to tell me what to think about it. I just look at the specs, see how it feels to handle and I purchased the PB for the same price as the iPad on launch because I liked it better. Now, with the sale going, it is hands down the best tablet deal out there!

Oh yeah, and since I use a BB phone, the Bridge feature is awesome!
    kbz1960 and nova_8 like this.
    09-28-11 09:08 AM
    I own a PlayBook & I happen to agree with him. Having an app with all the info in one place beats going to multiple websites & dealing with inconsistent navigation/plugins/advertisements etc... Am I a bad person?
    No, not a bad person at all. It's just a preference and whatever works for you. I use three banks, can I have all 3 banking apps in 1 app? No, and I wouldn't want that.

My point was that the OP said his buddy found that the PB does more than the iPad. That's from his point of view and true when it comes to him and many people. But the same is true for people that purchased and love the PB.

I'm just tired of the negative threads. Just leave it alone. If someone thinks their iPad (or whatever) is superior, then go boast on the iPad forums. This is a (read it closely) PlayBook forum. People come here to talk about the PB, and what they like and don't like. We can go all day on what tablet is the best, but it's all subjective.
    Last edited by NickA44; 09-28-11 at 09:44 AM.
    nova_8 and ScoobsDM like this.
    09-28-11 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD