Okay, I hope this has not been posted before but I thought this was interesting. Everyweek I try bridge browser while at work just to see if it's any better (no other connection available at work; cancelled my tethering with Sprint because not much better than bridge browser)

So anyway, I had just read a post about clearing out everything on the privacy page of bridge browser, so I did that, also shut off flash player and then went to Washingtonpost.com

Front page has an article about Missouri's tornado (prayers going out for all affected) along with slide show picture gallery. If I open this on pc or, on PB connected to wi-fi, I just push the play button and the slide show starts. When I have opened it in bridge browser, and pushed play, it will maybe advance 1 or 2 pictures and the most, and then just stop.

Well, I just clicked on it this morning and within seconds, what came on screen was a display of every picture, so I could just scroll down on the screen and see all the pictures, instead of having to "play" it as a slide show. I was quite happy with it because the quality of the pictures is just great. I tried a couple of other slide shows on Washingtonpost and they rendered quickly the same way. I could even double click to get full screen and it was still instant (though the quality not as good). What would make it display this way? Flash being turned off?

If anybody is interested and has some time on their hands, try it and see what you get (just click camera icon):

The Washington Post: National, World & D.C. Area News and Headlines - The Washington Post
    Last edited by mom21; 05-23-11 at 09:22 AM.
    05-23-11 09:19 AM
    Sounds like it may be loading that way sans flash. See if an ipad user has the same experience.
    05-23-11 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD