Hey Everyone,

Just now I was in the "help" application, last time RIM put in the majority of the changes in there so I thought, "Hey maybe they have a bit more detail about this update in here"

Apparently that help application is a bit reorganized, and now it's showing a new option about a Micro SIM. Interesting stuff for sure, Screenshot is attached.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1334722028
    Foreverup and nazreil25 like this.
    04-17-12 11:07 PM
    good find

4G playbook anyone
    04-17-12 11:15 PM
    Cool find but nothing surprising. Again, 4G PlayBooks were announced the DAY the PlayBook was announced and are set to arrive before the end of summer.
    lovemyplaybook likes this.
    04-17-12 11:23 PM
    Are any of the os7 phones using a micro sim or will this be the first?
    04-17-12 11:29 PM
    Cool find but nothing surprising. Again, 4G PlayBooks were announced the DAY the PlayBook was announced and are set to arrive before the end of summer.
    To which end of summer do you refer oh Great Bla1ze? Or are you paying homage to the infamous "available before the end of summer" spoken by the former co-CEOs?
    04-17-12 11:30 PM
    Yes Bla1ze I know although it's pretty cool that it shows up here.

A few other findings, tap on HDMI mode in the photos application and the notification has changed from being a large dialog box in the middle to a small one in the corner

Facebook is also much smoother

Yes I have a lot of time on my hands to figure this stuff out

As well as 2.0.1.30 for the Android runtime (Compared to 2.0.0.56 previously)
    04-17-12 11:35 PM
    No BlackBerry devices use MircoSIM's and RIM already has a battle going with Apple over SIM usage.
    04-17-12 11:37 PM
    Yes Bla1ze I know although it's pretty cool that it shows up here.

A few other findings, tap on HDMI mode in the photos application and the notification has changed from being a large dialog box in the middle to a small one in the corner

Facebook is also much smoother

Yes I have a lot of time on my hands to figure this stuff out

As well as 2.0.1.30 for the Android runtime (Compared to 2.0.0.56 previously)
    Stick to the already existing thread if you want to talk improvements.
    04-17-12 11:38 PM
    None of the current BlackBerry smartphones (BlackBerry 7 or previous) use Micro SIM cards, if the PlayBook 4G model is announced at BlackBerry World and is released before BlackBerry 10 devices, assuming they are using Micro SIMs (no basis here just pure random speculation) then yes the 4G PlayBook would be the first RIM product to use a Micro SIM.
    04-17-12 11:38 PM
    To which end of summer do you refer oh Great Bla1ze? Or are you paying homage to the infamous "available before the end of summer" spoken by the former co-CEOs?
    4 PB Models were announced altogether..
    04-17-12 11:39 PM
    None of the current BlackBerry smartphones (BlackBerry 7 or previous) use Micro SIM cards, if the PlayBook 4G model is announced at BlackBerry World and is released before BlackBerry 10 devices, assuming they are using Micro SIMs (no basis here just pure random speculation) then yes the 4G PlayBook would be the first RIM product to use a Micro SIM.
    RIM wants nanoSIM's.

(Kinda, they're willing to play along with Apple if it's done fairly)
    04-17-12 11:39 PM
    RIM wants nanoSIM's.
    Wow talk about "proprietary" eh? I've actually never seen/heard of a nano SIM, ever seen one Bla1ze?
    04-17-12 11:40 PM
    Wow talk about "proprietary" eh? I've actually never seen/heard of a nano SIM, ever seen one Bla1ze?
    I should say they don't really want them. It's Apple REALLY wanting it, but RIM and Nokia and others are *somewhat* willing to play along but they just don't want Apple skewing the votes for it. It's Apple's technology.
    04-17-12 11:45 PM
    I should say they don't really want them. It's Apple REALLY wanting it, but RIM and Nokia and others are *somewhat* willing to play along but they just don't want Apple skewing the votes for it. It's Apple's technology.
    Interesting stuff, just saw that size comparison, noticeably smaller than the standard SIM.
    04-17-12 11:57 PM
    Interesting stuff, just saw that size comparison, noticeably smaller than the standard SIM.
    Yup. Pretty sure it's an Apple plot, lol. Make a SIM so small people keep having to buy more.
    goku_vegeta and TNNurse like this.
    04-18-12 12:07 AM
    Yup. Pretty sure it's an Apple plot, lol. Make a SIM so small people keep having to buy more.
    Either that or they are actually attempting to make devices more powerful while keeping them the same size and increasing the battery size. Interesting concept and it has worked for Apple, at least for the time being, only time will tell if that's a good concept to follow through with.
    04-18-12 12:10 AM
    The Help description matches to the 4G evaluation PB pics that are out. If they came out now, it looks like they would probably have all the same specs as the current wifi PB with just the sim card connectivity added.
    04-18-12 12:18 AM
    The Help description matches to the 4G evaluation PB pics that are out. If they came out now, it looks like they would probably have all the same specs as the current wifi PB with just the sim card connectivity added.
    I believe there were also a few "leaked slides" they showed the processor being a 1.5 GHz processor, can't remember if it was Dual Core or quad core (Strongly believe it was dual core though), NFC capability, as well as a 42 Mbps (correlating well with statements from RIM about a 4G PlayBook, Evaluation units, download reports from me and other devs showing carriers like "Rogers" and "Verizon" and now this).
    04-18-12 12:22 AM
    nice find here :-) how about our 1st generation playbook? uhmm let me think.... a usb port for micro sim. come on rim... pls
    04-18-12 07:19 PM
    I posted a thread about the SIM card videos in the update. Here are links:

Intro Win2_InsertSIM_intro.flv - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

Main Video: Win2_InsertSIM_scene.flv - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    Last edited by Yankee495; 04-18-12 at 08:48 PM.
    04-18-12 08:43 PM
    I would rather my next playbook take a regular simple card, screw the MicroSIM.
    I'll stick to my 16gb playbook with wifi and bridge for now.
    Scrizz likes this.
    04-18-12 10:58 PM
    I would rather my next playbook take a regular simple card, screw the MicroSIM.
    I'll stick to my 16gb playbook with wifi and bridge for now.
    I think bridge really makes up for the lack of sim card.. i know it's limited to blackberry users but then so is cloud service..

4G playbook will be good.. I wouldn't mind upgrading since internet related activities will be smoother.. app world and other such stuff.. and plus 3g is unlimited for blackberry in my city.. wait i do all this with bridge.. it's confusing but it really doesn't make sense to go with 4g if you have blackberry phone..
    04-19-12 01:15 AM
    Dumb Question Alert

If one has a 4G/LTE Ipad (the new one) and a microSIM card from Rogers Wireless, if I was to get a 4G/LTE Playbook, could I simply swap out the microSIM Card between the devices? Basically, I'm curious to know if you would need to get two separate Sim Cards and data plans for both devices or can the card simply be swapped, hence the data plan would swap, to whatever device is being used at the time.
    04-19-12 01:26 AM
    More evidence of the sim.
    04-19-12 04:48 AM
    Yeah I'm not seeing how a nanoSIM that requires a tray is going to save room over a microSim in a triditional SIM-like slot. Also that tray thing sounds sketchy at best.
    04-19-12 07:45 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD