I ordered a 16GB PB from Futureshop this morning after months of being in love with the tablet! I am looking for cases/screen protectors and came across this
    My guess is a low quality thing not worth the cash, but maybe someone here has experience?
    Thanks!
    02-11-12 03:50 PM
    Stick with OEM, i.e., Convertible Case -- just a a little more expensive, but custom fit, excellent quality, great protection and utility, plus those BB logos...
    02-11-12 04:39 PM
    Looks like that case will cover the bezel too. +1 on the convertible case, as they're on sale on Amazon.com and .ca. I myself use a Targus portfolio case.
    02-11-12 04:42 PM
    Incipio BlackBerry PlayBook Executive Premium Kickstand Leather Case, BlackBerry Playbook Cases, BlackBerry Playbook Soft Shell Cases, BlackBerry Playbook Hard Shell Cases, BlackBerry Playbook Protective Covers

I have never had the OEM convertible, but I have really enjoyed this Incipio Executive in Leather. Looks very professional and protects my playbook well.

Also right now it is half off at $24.99 usd with an additional $7.50 usd off with coupon code INCIPIOLOVE. Makes it only $17.49 usd! IMHO it is a steal at that price! Free shipping to US and I think about $8 usd to Canada.

Also, coupon code INCIPIOLOVE gives 30% off site wide right now. Great products across the board from Incipio. No, I don't work for them. I will post some pictures of my case that I have used for a few months in a bit.
    Enyigma likes this.
    02-11-12 05:24 PM
    Pictures of Incipio Executive:
    02-11-12 05:36 PM
    I bought this one on eBay for $16.99 shipped.

Fits very well. Looks to be identical to the Brookstone case.
    mhmediaonline and AUgirl_inTX like this.
    02-11-12 05:46 PM
    Tablet at Brookstone
    Does this case cover the bezel like the OEM?
    Thanks for all the helpful info everyone!
    02-11-12 05:53 PM
    I use the Otterbox Defender series case for Playbook. It is a little more expensive but worth it for the overall protection. it also acts as a stand. $48.00 at Amazon.ca.
    02-11-12 05:55 PM
    Cases for smartphones and tablets is a very personal choice. We can all post our preferred case but you (the original poster) needs to state his/her requirements in a case to better enable us to offer suggestions or recommendations.

Aside from the neoprene protective case shipped with each BlackBerry PlayBook, I use the BlackBerry Leather Envelope, Hip Street Leather Executive Case, and Hip Street Portfolio Case for Playbook with Bluetooth Keyboard. There are plenty of other options available from many manufacturers.

UPDATE: For the last six months I have been using the BlackBerry Convertible Case with Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard for one of my professional-use BlackBerry PlayBooks. This case is slightly thinner than the Hip Street Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard and when closed looks like a hardcover book.
    Last edited by kill_9; 03-17-13 at 10:13 PM.
    02-11-12 06:21 PM
    I bought the Brookstone case mentioned earlier on sale. For $14 I like it but now it won't fit in my jacket pocket. The PB bare fit in only before - and to be honest, it's probably just luck that my jacket had a pocket big enough anyways. When the weather warms up I won't have a jacket anyways.

I only have one case so I don't have a reference for the Brookstone but I like it.

My PB bare weighs 430g, with the stock neoprene case its 466g, with the Brookstone case it is 589 grams.

I don't want to spend alot on a case. I am looking at Deal Extreme for a couple things because they are cheap there, like a silicone case ($4) and the desktop charger ($12) and the HDMI cable ($4). I have friends who have bought from them without issue (they are in China). I may try the $11 brown "leather" (not sure if it is leather) case for $11 too as the reviews on that one are ok.

Just offering up what I can to help (or not)

WC
    Last edited by wet_coast; 03-04-12 at 02:31 PM.
    02-11-12 06:43 PM
    i have the OEM-soft case and the OEM sillicone soft case.
    they work pretty good for me though!
    and for when i go out i use it sleeve too that came with the pb.
    very convient and simply easy.
    02-11-12 06:46 PM
    Hi Angus,
    would you be able to tell me or give a link with the ebay seller that you got that beautiful red case from?
    thanks a lot ,
    DMG
    03-14-13 06:09 PM
    The seller's name is lee262online but they don't have them any more. They didn't have any right after I ordered mine or I would have bought another one.
    My wife is using it now, it's over a year old and still in good shape.
    03-15-13 08:11 AM
    Hi Angus,
    would you be able to tell me or give a link with the ebay seller that you got that beautiful red case from?
    thanks a lot ,
    DMG
    I think BlackBerry offers a very similar case for the BlackBerry PlayBook.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-17-13 10:18 PM
    I think BlackBerry offers a very similar case for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    The OEM Playbook case is not very similar other than it can hold the Playbook at an angle.
    The Playbook fits into a rubber ring all around the outside edge on the OEM case. It also doesn't come in red.
    03-18-13 06:56 AM
    Try this one. Looks identical to the red case pictured earlier. Posted from another thread

You can buy it form their own site
    03-18-13 07:22 AM
    Hands down the Otterbox Defender Series...My PB and phone's have been in one since day one...If I know what Im getting I usually get them on Ebay or Amazon ahead of time for about half the cost....Good Luck.
    03-18-13 11:19 AM
    Received my Stilgut cover yesterday. Very happy now.

Fits like a glove, all the ports are accessible when the cover is on (power, usb, mic, headphone), looks and feels far slimmer than the Journal case I had, I can charge it whilst it is in the case using either the normal USB charger or the desktop charger. I can use it as a stand as it has groves in the lid. Looks really good as well.

Downside is, I can't put my capacitive pen anywhere, as I could hook it onto the spine of my Journal case before.
    04-04-13 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD