View Poll Results: What are your first impressions of 2.1?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent -everything I expected.

20 20.41%
  • Good - Does most of the things I wanted.

40 40.82%
  • OK - Has some issues but some things are ok.

18 18.37%
  • Bad - A lot of issues.

6 6.12%
  • Terrible - A waste of my time.

4 4.08%
  • Meh - I haven't seen any real changes.

10 10.20%
    Just wondering what the first impressions are on the new release. Been a hectic few hours here on CB. I'll do another poll in a week or so once everything is settled down.....
    10-03-12 07:03 PM
    So close! No portrait calculator :P
    I was a little worried at first since everything was acting up and I was missing a bunch of data, but after a reboot, it's been smooth sailing. One thing that worries me, though, is the battery gauge. It's been unplugged for 2 hours and though I haven't used it much, still reads 100%. Either the battery life is much improved or the gauge is buggy. Maybe another reboot will fix it (which I may need to do now because the file manager froze and for the first time the bezels aren't responding).
    Last edited by itmccb; 10-03-12 at 07:39 PM.
    10-03-12 07:15 PM
    disappointed with same problem with outlook email.
    Emails in the manually created folders takes ages to load.

I hoping RIM will improve it email client but disappointed
    10-03-12 07:26 PM
    i always laugh when everyone wants to know their first impressions about the new os. i dont see any difference whatsoever.. People think because they come out with a new update that their gonna see big differences.They try and believe to themselves that they are but in reality their not.
    balding1 likes this.
    10-03-12 07:28 PM
    Browser is considerably faster than in he Beta.

I am having a bit of a hard time getting my contacts to populate though, but apart from that, it's all good.
    10-03-12 07:32 PM
    coming from the 840 beta i didnt notice anything that was really updated.
    10-03-12 07:43 PM
    I'm noticing that when I have a few applications open it's not as fluid as it used to be.... Its a bit choppy. That is disappointing....one thing I really liked about the playbook was how fluid it was.... Now, not so.
    10-03-12 09:58 PM
    Everything works as advertised with one apparent unintended consequence. Facebook birthday notifications no longer work or display in the calendar. The only feature I haven't tried yet are the enhancements to Print to Go.
    10-03-12 10:16 PM
    The browser seems a bit better, significantly so for Facebook at least which was laggy as could be. Strava also seems snappier as well.

Battery life seems to have gone a tick to the better also.

And as I type and edit this post, moving the cursor around is much more responsive and accurate.
    10-03-12 10:26 PM
    I updated OTA this morning, and only rebooted once. I was on the .840 beta, so I didn't expect a world of difference. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the "new" OS.
    jafobabe and Jince like this.
    10-03-12 10:33 PM
    While I generally hate polls (I really do hate 'em), I responded with the 2nd option, mostly because I wasn't sure what to expect over and above SMS texting over Bridge. Up until today I had used SMS Bridge, which was an excellent work-around, but I really like the Bridge SMS. I used it quite a bit this evening and like the way it handles things. I also like the new arrangement of options in the Bridge email.

Initially I found some lag in the browser but an additional reboot/restart fixed that nicely. So far those are the things I noticed.
    10-03-12 10:38 PM
    Browser does seem a bit quicker. Had email and calendar crash first crash ever.
    10-04-12 12:32 AM
    coming from the 840 beta i didnt notice anything that was really updated.
    A big me too to that - previously on the 840 beta, and I haven't noticed anything obviously different.
    10-04-12 04:36 AM
    separating Android apps is excellent.
    still having no USB OTG is pathetic.
    10-04-12 04:43 AM
    It's good but it all feels like features which should have been there from the beginning.

And other features that should have been there from the beginning have been totally ignored, like bookmarks management and proper folder display from all apps.

Overall I would say we are still beta testers.
    10-04-12 04:44 AM
    Zero difference for me.

Playbook works just the same for me as this time yesterday.

If you don't use a Blackberry phone (I use a Pre2, yeah big whoop, wanna fight about it?) its no big deal.

I guess the only good thing is that at least some development is still going on.
    10-04-12 04:56 AM
    my bookmarks folder is taking a long time to load and even able to edit (delete bookmarks) which was never the case before this upgrade. I have done a restart but is still lagging. I also have some web pages that won't load that did before.
    10-04-12 10:27 AM
    Over on the BlackBerry Support forums I've started to see a lot of contacts/calendar sync issues as well as Flash videos not playing in the web browser on fox.com (they don't play at all) and cnn.com (start to play but stop after a while and give an error). TSN.ca Flash videos play fine. But other than that, I am loving the speed improvements to the web browser (it's night and day for me). Not sure why Flash videos are starting to bug out...they were working in 2.0.0.358 apparently.
    10-04-12 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD