Ok, I'm well aware that on the current Playbook OS, one needs to bridge a BB7 handset to use BBM and currently BBM isn't available when bridging the Z10.

However, now that BBM works independently from BIS (it can go through regular data and wifi on BB10), it would be great if the Playbook could have an independent BBM app with the BB10 update that works over wifi. After all Google Talk works on Android tablets over wifi and so does iMessage/Facetime on the iPad and iPod Touch.

Does anyone know whether the BB10 update for the Playbook will bring such a feature? If it will, I am so going to buy a 32 GB playbook right now. I will still use my Android as my personal phone, but with a few close family members getting the Q10 as soon as it releases in Canada, it would be great to BBM with them off a < $150 tablet I've seen how well BBM calling works on my friends' phones - at the very least it's far superior to the rubbish that is Skype for Android.
    03-21-13 08:57 PM
    It is generally expected that BB10 for PB will allow BBM directly on PB, but I have yet to read/hear this be confirmed by BBRY.
    03-21-13 09:20 PM
    I'd be happy just with a bare bones BB10 update.
    03-21-13 11:05 PM
    It was confirmed by Frank Bolboun in an interview with BGR that the Playbook will get BBM along with BlackBerry10.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-21-13 11:57 PM
    Well let's wait for the coming soon BB10 because I know this update is coming.
    03-22-13 01:52 AM
    Of course it is coming, it's been coming soon forever and a day
    03-23-13 02:23 AM
    One day, BlackBerry is going to ask the PlayBook users, "are you still there?"...

Posted via Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-23-13 02:48 AM
    ^I don't believe us holding them hostage counts lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-23-13 09:39 AM
    ^I don't believe us holding them hostage counts lol
    Oooohhhh what good idea! Why did I not think about that?

I feel a plan coming on!
    03-23-13 10:48 AM
    Well considering BB or Orange can't get my BBM or email to work, PBM for me is a priority. My Pearl3G is but a glorified Internet comnection/mobile.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-23-13 11:02 AM
    Well considering BB or Orange can't get my BBM or email to work, PBM for me is a priority. My Pearl3G is but a glorified Internet comnection/mobile.
    Ouch!!!!!! Well shout at me if you want to but what in the world possessed you to get a 'PEARL'?

I see your just trying to steal my title as the fearless person who tried and tested everything, regardless of the reviews. I know this because I actually still have a Nokia N900! Now how sads that?
    03-23-13 11:28 AM
    Ouch!!!!!! Well shout at me if you want to but what in the world possessed you to get a 'PEARL'?

I see your just trying to steal my title as the fearless person who tried and tested everything, regardless of the reviews. I know this because I actually still have a Nokia N900! Now how sads that?
    It was free on half price plan, 7.50, free unlimited BB data, landlines, and a loyalty bundle of 500 cross network minutes, as I needed UMA This was the only handset available.Bargain really. 9 months into my 24 months BB services stopped, at least I got App World back about a year later Still no email nor BBM....
    03-23-13 01:19 PM

nokia N900.... fearless or afraid of change ? sorry I just calls em as I sees em
    03-23-13 01:24 PM
    One day, BlackBerry is going to ask the PlayBook users, "are you still there?"...

Posted via Z10
    No i don't agree.....

One day BlackBerry is going to release os10 for the playbook....and the last 3 playbook owners are going to immediately post their buglist ....be branded Trolls and flamed by all of 'crackberry'
    FF22 likes this.
    03-23-13 01:48 PM
    No i don't agree.....

One day BlackBerry is going to release os10 for the playbook....and the last 3 playbook owners are going to immediately post their buglist ....be branded Trolls and flamed by all of 'crackberry'
    You think there will be that many?
    03-23-13 07:24 PM
    Is it here yet?
    03-23-13 09:47 PM
    I hope that it does. At this point whenever we get the BB10 or equivalent I can see no reason left as to why we wouldn't get native BBM on the PlayBook.
    03-23-13 10:32 PM
    I'm sure there will be at least one 'fanboy, Sheldon wannabe' will have a 'still in its box, unused playbook, hermetically sealed in plastic' just waiting for the day os10 comes. He will then unseal it...plug it in, to charge it....It will of course refuse to turn on...or charge...and the stack charging...power on ...power off...plugin overnight...say 3 hail marys and check it in the morning won't work....so he will come on here and complain that BBY Playbook won't work...what a piece of crap.....Be told that playbook is an orphaned tablet...and he should get the newest cool BBY 10" tablet....and even though it doesn't have Skype or Netflix....or Whatever....Just wait for BBY jam 2020 when OS11 comes out...then he'll get it....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-20-13 08:22 AM
    I'm sure there will be at least one 'fanboy, Sheldon wannabe' will have a 'still in its box, unused playbook, hermetically sealed in plastic' just waiting for the day os10 comes. He will then unseal it...plug it in, to charge it....It will of course refuse to turn on...or charge...and the stack charging...power on ...power off...plugin overnight...say 3 hail marys and check it in the morning won't work....so he will come on here and complain that BBY Playbook won't work...what a piece of crap.....Be told that playbook is an orphaned tablet...and he should get the newest cool BBY 10" tablet....and even though it doesn't have Skype or Netflix....or Whatever....Just wait for BBY jam 2020 when OS11 comes out...then he'll get it....
    Ok so when did you burgled my house then?
    04-20-13 12:27 PM
    Ok so when did you burgled my house then?
    lol i doubt that you are a Sheldon wanna be.....you are probably more like Howard....oh Do they get The Big Bang Theory in England (i assume thats where you are)
    04-20-13 09:55 PM
    There is a video of BBM hacked onto a PlayBook running Dev Alpha OS. So, it should work. If not, someone will find a way to get it there.

To me, I think we should be able to use BBM by BBID and not PIN. I really don't want two BBM pins/profiles. I don't think I would use a native BBM app but, I would use a BBM bridge app.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-22-13 11:38 PM