Hi all,

I've had my PB for about a week now, and love everything about it, but I've been having some issues with a website I frequent daily (kanyetothe.com). This particular site takes quite long to load, and when I try to log onto the forum section (login button) the loading bar appears to be on a roll but stops a quarter of the way through and just disappears -- the page remains stagnant with no sign to show if my login was successful or not. Now, I can leave it as such and it will eventually take me to the forums where it does in fact show me signed in, but we're talking a good 3 mins of remaining on the login page with no loading bar to show progress. The particular site is painfully slow and is constantly doing the disappearing loading bar with nothing to show for it.

I've read some threads with people having identical complaints with other sites (such as trying to log in to some banking sites) and found this thread on the blackberry forums:

PlayBook Browser incompatable website list - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Does anyone know what could be causing the issues and how I can fix it in order to optimize my browsing experience? Has RIM announced any such problems and do you think it will be fixed in the upcoming 2.0?

Thanks all!
    01-16-12 10:59 PM
    ive found quite a few. Not much we can do its in RIMs hands assuming a simple user agent tweak doesnt fix it...
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    01-16-12 11:04 PM
    FYI I tried kanyetothe.com on Simple Browser and it loaded and rendered the home page quickly and beautifully. It's available for free in the App World. BTW kanye is a great site!!
    Last edited by bluenose363; 01-16-12 at 11:19 PM.
    LatinoLoco24 and mtnsrgr8 like this.
    01-16-12 11:17 PM
    FYI I tried kanyetothe.com on Simple Browser and it loaded and rendered the home page quickly and beautifully. It's available for free in the App World. BTW kanye is a great site!!
    thank u! I will try this now. What are the limitations with this app (simple browser)? Or how does it differ from the stock browser?
    01-16-12 11:22 PM
    The Simple Browser eliminates alot of the ads and extra cr.p.. well extra stuff from the site... lets it load faster.
    LatinoLoco24 and mtnsrgr8 like this.
    01-16-12 11:26 PM
    thank u! I will try this now. What are the limitations with this app (simple browser)? Or how does it differ from the stock browser?
    It just simply loads many websites faster, even with javascript and flash enabled. For some reason the stock browser struggles with some sites so I use Simple Browser as a back up. SB is barebones-no bookmarks, etc. The paid version has more features. Since I'm using it as a backup, the free one is fine.

FYI you can disable the javascript in either the stock or app version to increase loading times and enable it when necessary.

edit: it comes in handy when u want another window open!!
    Last edited by bluenose363; 01-16-12 at 11:42 PM.
    01-16-12 11:36 PM
    It just simply loads many websites faster, even with javascript and flash enabled. For some reason the stock browser struggles with some sites so I use Simple Browser as a back up. SB is barebones-no bookmarks, etc. The paid version has more features. Since I'm using it as a backup, the free one is fine.

FYI you can disable the javascript in either the stock or app version to increase loading times and enable it when necessary.

edit: it comes in handy when u want another window open!!
    I see! Thanks again for the advice
    01-17-12 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD