Hi Everyone,

I dunno if you noticed this. It seems at either at OS 2.0.1 or Bridge .35 that when the PB connects at Tether Mode, most of apps can actually recognize the internet connection.

I noticed that before, you have to be in wifi mode for apps to recognize the internet being used. E.g. IM+ will not recognize internet in tether mode. But now, I tried again and my apps can recognize Tether.

I just hope in the future, the BB can now access App World, Software Updates in Tether Mode and BBM is still possible in Tether.

Thanks XD
    07-16-12 11:27 PM
    Bridge and Tether are completely different. Tether mode is a full internet connection for the most part. The Playbook can tether to many different types of phones. The phone just acts like a modem.
    BlackBerry Bridge is a special mode only for BlackBerry phones. Not all protocols work via Bridge. I have had issues with FTP and RDP for example.
    07-17-12 12:30 AM
    Both under 2.0 and 2.1 beta, I couldn't/can't access Appworld or the (Canadian) NFB app while tethering to a T-Mobile smartphone--even tho I can use browsers to access the Internet using that smartphone.

The above will only function with a Wi-fi connection.

This strikes me as something that should be "fixed" by RIM.
    07-17-12 02:44 PM