When you open your email via Bridge, you cannot select text and copy/paste. That would be nice to have because I'm routingly moving data between email and Documents.
    06-22-11 03:37 PM
    I did notice that as a problem as well. It's as if the bridge just sends over a snapshot of the email.
    06-22-11 03:40 PM
    If you "REPLY" to the email, you can copy from the text, then cancel the reply. Half-a$$ but it works in a pinch. Might not work on BES???
    06-22-11 04:47 PM
    That would defeat the whole purpose behind the Bridge. The idea is that admins only need to secure your handheld. If you could just cut and paste sensitive info onto your PB, it would defeat the security.
    06-22-11 05:06 PM
    That would defeat the whole purpose behind the Bridge. The idea is that admins only need to secure your handheld. If you could just cut and paste sensitive info onto your PB, it would defeat the security.
    This is true but there should be an option. I have a device that is only used by me. It makes little sense to have it locked down for some other use case scenario that doesn't apply to me. If i wanted to locked in I wouldve bought an iproduct.
    09-19-12 09:49 AM
    Um ... I routinely copy and paste entire emails from my bridged email to DocsToGo. I do this so that I can reproduce paragraphs and reply to them specifically. When I have finished, I then copy and paste the "reply" back into my bridged email and send.
    09-19-12 10:07 AM
    I can copy from bridge messages as well. That may not have been the case more then a year ago when this thread was started.
    09-19-12 10:12 AM
    Mods can close this i guess.
    09-19-12 10:29 AM
    This is true but there should be an option. I have a device that is only used by me. It makes little sense to have it locked down for some other use case scenario that doesn't apply to me. If i wanted to locked in I wouldve bought an iproduct.

This is not a security issue at all if you have your Bluetooth and the PB locked down as you should.

You can still forward emails, take screen shots etc.

Not a factor. RIM simply has not got this working via bridge.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Last edited by trsbbs; 09-19-12 at 11:04 AM.
    09-19-12 10:58 AM
    Mods can close this i guess.

Why?

Tim

09-19-12 10:59 AM
    RIM simply has not got this working via bridge.

Tim

What doesn't work? I can copy and paste from all bridge apps.
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-19-12 11:27 AM
    A nice bridge improvement would be the abiity to save pictures u open from your phone onto the playbook....
    09-19-12 03:04 PM
    A nice bridge improvement would be the abiity to save pictures u open from your phone onto the playbook....
    You could take a screen shot - but you do lose quality.

Some of the file manager programs can transfer files between bb phone and bb.
    09-19-12 04:04 PM
    Definitely agree. If I need to do this I email them... inelegant solution
    09-19-12 05:51 PM
    This is not a security issue at all if you have your Bluetooth and the PB locked down as you should.

You can still forward emails, take screen shots etc.

Not a factor. RIM simply has not got this working via bridge.

Tim

I believe the original issue may be partly a consequence of the security model which someone (Sith?) linked recently - mainly relating bridging to BES hosted phones. There are several discrete sandboxes for "work", "personal" etc, and restrictions on passing data between the different areas. Security on bluetooth wouldn't prevent that kind of security breach.
    09-19-12 08:32 PM
    I believe the original issue may be partly a consequence of the security model which someone (Sith?) linked recently - mainly relating bridging to BES hosted phones. There are several discrete sandboxes for "work", "personal" etc, and restrictions on passing data between the different areas. Security on bluetooth wouldn't prevent that kind of security breach.

Not sure if he was on BES or BIS.

Being on BES would explain a lot.

Yep. BT doesn't have much to do with the mentioned issue but just a good practice.

Tim

09-19-12 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD