Anyone seen improvement with the IMAP support in OS 2.1? I tested it by creating a new account profile and pointing it to my Gmail account using the IMAP settings. Still no sign of my myriad Gmail folders/labels, which means for full folder support (including the ability to see stuff older than 30 days from initial account setup) I need to login via the web browser.

Very disappointing - was hoping they'd enable proper IMAP folder support in this release...

RCK
    dave_h_946 likes this.
    06-01-12 02:00 AM
    Anyone seen improvement with the IMAP support in OS 2.1? I tested it by creating a new account profile and pointing it to my Gmail account using the IMAP settings. Still no sign of my myriad Gmail folders/labels, which means for full folder support (including the ability to see stuff older than 30 days from initial account setup) I need to login via the web browser.

Very disappointing - was hoping they'd enable proper IMAP folder support in this release...

RCK
    You shouldn't need to set Gmail up using IMAP. Since the last update (2.01.384) Gmail works fine using the simple (not advanced set up).
    06-01-12 02:17 AM
    You shouldn't need to set Gmail up using IMAP. Since the last update (2.01.384) Gmail works fine using the simple (not advanced set up).
    BUT no option to see mail older than 30 days (grrrrr....)
    06-01-12 02:18 AM
    Exactly. Which is why I was hoping the updated IMAP support would provide this, but noooo....

RCK
    06-01-12 02:26 AM
    Not only that, but I personally have also problems with my hotmail account. It only shows the new emails and by the time i read them they just disappear from my playbook so the account is constantly empty. And it (the hotmail account) does not work with bridge. I hope next update will fix things. Thanks for bringing this issue up.
    06-01-12 02:39 AM
    Not only that, but I personally have also problems with my hotmail account. It only shows the new emails and by the time i read them they just disappear from my playbook so the account is constantly empty. And it (the hotmail account) does not work with bridge. I hope next update will fix things. Thanks for bringing this issue up.
    Yes, Hotmail and Yahoo are hopeless on the PB, as, indeed are RIM.
    06-01-12 02:50 AM
    Hotmail works perfectly fine for me. I get my emails and they don't disappear.
    06-01-12 07:18 AM
    It seems that IMAP folders were instantly mapped and subscribed for me for a private account on a Dovecot based mail server.

But what if I'd like to hide most of them? I am mainly interested in messages landing in my Inbox and would like to unsubscribe from almost all other folders. Is it possible to do it so on PlayBook OS 2.1?
    06-01-12 08:06 AM
    I tested IMAP setup with Gmail last night and secondary folders dont show up. only main folders (Inbox, trash, sent, draft).
    06-01-12 09:11 AM
    I tested IMAP setup with Gmail last night and secondary folders dont show up. only main folders (Inbox, trash, sent, draft).
    That has been my experience as well. Very frustrating...

RCK
    06-01-12 09:31 AM
    I don't get the issue here, honestly.

No, stuff over 30 days isn't resident on the device, but you can still search for it.

ALL my Gmail folders show up, and I just used the default Gmail setup.

What am I missing?
    06-01-12 10:04 AM
    Anyone test IMAP functionality on a non-gmail/yahoo/hotmail account to see if it works better yet?

(ps - on 2.0.1, I just used gmail setup for gmail IMAP and I see all the folders, etc. 30 day limit is annoying though)
    06-01-12 10:16 AM
    Don't set it up as imap. Avoid advanced set up.
    06-01-12 12:49 PM
    Don't set it up as imap. Avoid advanced set up.
    I just tested with it... i just the regular setup with Gmail. Works just fine for what I use it for.
    06-01-12 01:11 PM
    Yes, Hotmail and Yahoo are hopeless on the PB, as, indeed are RIM.
    I have no problems with Hotmail on my PB.
    06-01-12 01:16 PM
    I just tested with it... i just the regular setup with Gmail. Works just fine for what I use it for.
    So why are you trying to set it up with imap?
    06-01-12 01:32 PM
    So why are you trying to set it up with imap?
    Helping with findings and new features.
    06-01-12 01:34 PM
    whats is this imap?

I see no options for it under accounts or in email settings and on 2.1

ta
    06-01-12 02:03 PM
    I'm seeing all of my Gmail folders. When you open the PB email app look to the right and you should see the very bottom and contacts not is now a file folder. All your Gmail folders are in there.
    06-01-12 06:09 PM

RCK
    Works perfectly with Exchange and Active Sync. Loving that I now have my bazillion folders.
    06-01-12 11:41 PM
    RIM tells me this is by design. There is a technical difficulty that i do not comprehend.
    06-02-12 05:50 AM
    It seems that IMap folder support is coming with OS 2.1

"There's portrait support for the Email, Calendar and Contacts apps, along with full device encryption and some smaller tweaks like .png screenshots and improved email folder support"

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 beta ready for download: better portrait mode and Android app support -- Engadget
    06-02-12 06:49 AM
    I put 2.1 on mine earlier this evening - mostly for this IMAP upgrade. Seems to be working OK (Fastmail email account) - with the proviso that it doesn't seem to download / sync anything more than 30 days old in any folder. I don't know whether that is a setting which can be altered somewhere. It's a bit clunky, and disconnects fairly regularly - but is a lot better than the old version!

In case it's useful to anyone, there should be a folder icon next to the search icon at top left. In my case it's next to where it says 'Inbox'. Touching that folder should open up the list of folders it is aware of on the server.
    08-27-12 07:02 PM
    Cannot see sub folders on yahoo using 2.0.1.668.

Does anyone see yahoo subs?
    08-28-12 05:49 AM
    I use Yahoo on .880, and imap folders show but no email over 30 days. Grrrh!!!

RIM = FAIL. Big timr. I still need to use sideloaded Android clients for my email to work.
    08-28-12 05:27 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD