Are you guys all saying you turn off WIFI unless it's needed? Am I missing something here? I can use my PB without WIFI when using it as offline video player or ebook, but having to manually turn on/off WIFI would be a major inconvenience.
    Wifi has been on except for some airplane flights and an occasional test of something or other. It and bt generally remain ON.
    02-26-12 12:44 PM
    Wifi has been on except for some airplane flights and an occasional test of something or other. It and bt generally remain ON.
    I too usually leave the bt and wifi on. However, I think the point is that leaving them off when not needed will conserve power which, in the long run, will reduce the number of recharges needed. This could, and should, extend the PB's battery life. If you think about it, it might not be a bad idea.
    02-26-12 12:58 PM
    That or goto airplane mode.
    02-26-12 01:02 PM
    Some said it's the same hardware and same software, and hence we should have the same experience. LOL. First, we have different apps installed, second, we use our Playbooks differently, third, we have different settings (e.g. Email accounts, bridge, etc).

For me, OS 2 has been trouble free except for the glaringly huge bug that caused battery drain in standby with manual sync. Again, my experience has been relatively positive, but I realize there may be more people with other problems that I personally haven't encountered.

I am just saying that people on this forum tend to think "I don't have problems, therefore, others reporting problems are just stupid or trolls" or "I don't use Skype or [fill in the blank] and don't understand why people need it".
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-26-12 01:16 PM
    I really wanted OS2.0 to make the playbook a zillion times better. There are some great things in it, like the keyboard and Bridge. But after using it for a week I have to say that I am pretty dissatisfied. The android player sucks- as I type this, it is frozen and not responding. It takes an incredibly long time to reboot, something I shouldn't need to do, but software failures give me no other option. The browser crashes more than it did before and I don't really like the new UI (not a big deal). Overall, they playbook feels more sluggish. I'm not trying to troll, I 'm just telling it like I think.
    02-26-12 01:40 PM
    "I'm not trying to troll, I 'm just telling it like I think."

Okay. Samsung sells tablets made for Android. Go buy one.
    02-26-12 01:51 PM
    "I'm not trying to troll, I 'm just telling it like I think."

Okay. Samsung sells tablets made for Android. Go buy one.
    I hate android. Plus, I have no money. I got my PB for free from my grampa. I like the playbook, but if no one pointed out the flaws, then it would never get better. I think as a relatively passive, typical, user I should not be getting these problems.
    02-26-12 02:19 PM
    Flaws? For you maybe. After all yours cost nothing. Mine did. I see no flaws.

Your signature on your post tells it all. If you hate it. Ditch it. It's real simple.

You hate android yet you are dissapointed the PB won't play nice with it?
    02-26-12 02:24 PM
    While there are still some bugs holding over from 1. there is much improvement and I think that 2 is almost like a total rebuild but I might be off base there. I think we'll be seeing some small updates here and there that will be fixing them now that they aren't concentrating totally on the pim apps and the rest.

Now they can start tweaking things to make them better. Sometimes I have to remind myself even that have started something from scratch here and that takes time.
    02-26-12 03:55 PM
    Same here, very smooth operation with the PlayBook from the beginning and same with the Bold 9900 (well with all my BlackBerry devices really ). The exception has been the latest DM7, which started messing up my Outlook sync and that can get me real upset!
    02-26-12 05:02 PM
    So happy that I purchased my Playbook the day of the update. Unboxed it, started the setup, got prompted for the update, ran it. Everything went smooth as silk. Having never even seen, much less used OS1 I have nothing to compare my experince with the Playbook to. But I can say I've been quite happy with my purchase. And I've had zero problems with it.
    02-26-12 05:13 PM
    Flaws? For you maybe. After all yours cost nothing. Mine did. I see no flaws.

Your signature on your post tells it all. If you hate it. Ditch it. It's real simple.

You hate android yet you are dissapointed the PB won't play nice with it?
    As I wrote in the previous post, I do not hate it, as you can plainly see.

I like the playbook, but if no one pointed out the flaws, then it would never get better.
    In my first post, I also said this, where I gave credit where credit is due.
    There are some great things in it, like the keyboard and Bridge.
    You are just as bad as the trolls who say that the playbook sucks. You reject discredit others opinions simply because you have your own that differs.
    02-26-12 06:05 PM
    I don't think it's as simple as everyone is an . I too had a relatively trouble free upgrade, but some things did go wonky, my bridge contacts suddenly appeared of their own accord 24 hours later.

While much of what goes wrong may be attributed to driver error, I'm not vain enough to think the relative ease of my upgrade was all down to skill, a lot may have had to do with luck.
    02-26-12 06:20 PM
    the only complaint..... I have is that it takes forver to boot os2, compared to 1.8
    I've only booted it twice since the update though, both on accidental shutdowns ( hit power off on accident while checking battery status)

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 07:11 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD