10 or 20 bucks. Yeah that is obsurd!!! Burns even more that video doesn't work!!! Hey why don't everybody buy a playbook!!! That'll solve our video chat problems. LOL!!!
    10-31-11 11:28 AM
    10 or 20 bucks. Yeah that is obsurd!!! Burns even more that video doesn't work!!! Hey why don't everybody buy a playbook!!! That'll solve our video chat problems. LOL!!!
    **** an ads free premium version is $19.99 for your phone. $9.99 seems like a bargain from Shape
    10-31-11 11:32 AM
    Blackberry IM programs have always been dear, look at IM+ on the BB Smartphones or BeeJive IM, they're �10-�20 but always seem to be pretty good.
    10-31-11 11:53 AM
    Now that I think about - it I don't think this app is worth $20 - much easier to just message on my BOLD. I thought I might be able to see more history of messages at once without scrolling but then I realized IM+ doesn't have a screen shot with the virtual keyboard covering everything...and messaging is so much easier with a real keyboard. When the bold can be used as a BT keyboard by then yeah, hopefully the price will be $10 by that time.
    10-31-11 12:04 PM
    Facebook not working. GTalk not working. Skype not working. Essentially $19.99 for an app which delivers on none of the functionality I want. I honestly struggle to understand how this managed to get through user testing!
    10-31-11 02:07 PM
    Looks like I'll be holding out on purchasing this app until the problems get solved, both price and software.
    10-31-11 03:37 PM
    So far it sounds like it needs a lot more work. Doesn't surprise me if it's just been sitting there in the same state waiting for approval since May.

What OS are people running? I'm surprised also it was approved and surprised that Shape would allow it.
    10-31-11 03:59 PM
    Not in App World...
    10-31-11 05:39 PM
    Not in App World...
    try IM+ instead

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst.../44726?lang=en
    10-31-11 05:41 PM
    Let's face it, IM+ is a HUGE announcement for the PlayBook for three reasons:

1. SKYPE!!!
    2. Skype video calling!!!!!
    3. Other Instant Messaging services like Windows Live, Yahoo!, Google Talk, etc.
    11-01-11 12:03 PM
    Let's face it, IM+ is a HUGE announcement for the PlayBook for three reasons:

1. SKYPE!!!
    2. Skype video calling!!!!!
    3. Other Instant Messaging services like Windows Live, Yahoo!, Google Talk, etc.
    IM+ For PlayBook does not have Skype video calling.
    11-01-11 12:05 PM
    Heck CNN and all the major broadcasters are using Skype, and it's even available on my son's PSP, but I can't even get it on my freakin' BlackBerry!!! Now we know why Microsoft bought Skype! They're continuing to build their presence in the mobile market even if Windows Phone 7 sux.
    11-01-11 12:09 PM
    Sad. I saw Skype on the list of supported platforms. I guess I should never assume!!! Video Chat on PlayBook is cool but since not everyone has a PlayBook, Skype would have been sweet! RIM needs to find ways to sell the PlayBook... develop a Skype client with Microsoft!
    11-01-11 12:14 PM
    Sad. I saw Skype on the list of supported platforms. I guess I should never assume!!! Video Chat on PlayBook is cool but since not everyone has a PlayBook, Skype would have been sweet! RIM needs to find ways to sell the PlayBook... develop a Skype client with Microsoft!
    Oh, you fell for the ole switcheroo, rookie mistake.
    11-01-11 12:17 PM
    Heck CNN and all the major broadcasters are using Skype, and it's even available on my son's PSP, but I can't even get it on my freakin' BlackBerry!!! Now we know why Microsoft bought Skype! They're continuing to build their presence in the mobile market even if Windows Phone 7 sux.
    Well prepare to be blasted for pointing out that the playbook has been left behind in terms of getting common apps.and features. You are about to be quickly corrected and informed that this half-finished device is okay just.like it is and needs nothing more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 12:19 PM
    well thanks for update to evernote and making IM+ a reality.
    for high priced apps, please have also include a free lite version, to serve the majority.
    it is a great step, moving forward, pls also check out reader's digest, facebook chat.
    Why these applications don't work when they should
    11-01-11 12:26 PM
    Some one mentioned that skype video doesn't work on any platform using IM+. I don't know how true that is.

Anyone not on the beta OS have this and have it working?
    11-01-11 12:27 PM
    i find it quite sad that blackberry users have to pay for all these IM services when these are all free for iOS5 and Android users. Plus, Skype of course.
    11-01-11 12:31 PM
    Some one mentioned that skype video doesn't work on any platform using IM+. I don't know how true that is.

Anyone not on the beta OS have this and have it working?
    How about audio chat??? Does at lease voice chat on skype work with IM+?

11-01-11 02:04 PM
    How about audio chat??? Does at lease voice chat on skype work with IM+?

I think on the other platforms yes. I don't know about the playbook though.
    11-01-11 04:05 PM
    I think on the other platforms yes. I don't know about the playbook though.

No, on Android, IM+ (I use IM+ Pro) doesn't have either video or voice calling. Only text chat. I doubt it has these features on iOS either.
    11-01-11 04:21 PM
    No, on Android, IM+ (I use IM+ Pro) doesn't have either video or voice calling. Only text chat. I doubt it has these features on iOS either.
    Thanks for correcting me and for the info.
    11-01-11 04:22 PM
122 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD