It's not that. Netflix is just easier than pirating. Buying movies is a huge pain in the , but streaming is dead easy. As Valve has stated, all you need to do is offer paying customers a better service than the pirates.
    It is not that other "countries" are per se interested in pirated movies (which is just a dumb thing to say anyways). The main problem is the lack of legal easily available, fairly priced content, at least in most European countries. We do not get Netflix or Hulu over here, I would love to pay for it. I have a Spotify premium account for music, a Pressreader Account for Newspapers and would not mind at all to pay the same or a little more for Netflix or similar. But as long as there are no decent streaming services available here (you can rent single old movies on Amazon for a ridiculous price for example) the problem of pirating will continue. The superslow way the content industry moves over here is just so sad...
    CairnsRock likes this.
    11-28-12 04:57 AM
    Yeah, Canada is similarly screwed when it comes to music services, and our Netflix has a much smaller selection than the US.

It's time for the music and movie industry to realise that content consumption is borderless, and not to limit licenses to specific regions.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    11-28-12 08:44 AM
    Incidentally, just noticed the Lenovo IdeaTab A2107 for $150 at Best Buy/FutureShop. Dual-Core 1GHz, 1GB RAM, ICS, pretty much the minimum I'd expect from an Android device. No comprehensive reviews yet, but certainly looks decent, and I'd rather spend a bit less for a second tablet than the Nexus 7.
    11-28-12 09:01 AM
28 12