First off I loooooove my PB and my Torch. Can't wait to get my hands on a BB10. However, I also want a 7" Android tablet that can connect to my Torch 9800 so I can view various media without the need for wifi. Any suggestions please?
    P.S. The cheaper the better.
    11-19-12 07:33 PM
    How do you plan on connecting an Android tab to your 9800?

And the Nexus 7/10 is probably your best bet.
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    11-19-12 07:48 PM
    nexus 7 hands down for the tablet. I dont think you will be able to tether your 9800 since it doesnt have hotspot.
    11-19-12 07:58 PM
    I hear good things about Nexus 7 that it is presently the best Android Tab when value for money is considered.. Whether it can use BB phone net.. I do not know..

Let us know of your buy and experience eventually..
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    11-19-12 08:38 PM
    If you need a different toy or tool to accomplish what you want - then there should be no issue. Other than the 3g/data/hotspot/wifi issues that may be present.
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    11-19-12 09:47 PM
    Oh. I wasn't sure if I could "tether" another brand's tablet to my torch. I recently saw this (see pic), does this make any sense?
    Attached Thumbnails I'm not a traitor, i just want an Android tablet for netflix et al-img_00000071.jpg  
    11-19-12 11:35 PM
    I believe that requires a phone as modem addon on your mobile plan.
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    11-20-12 12:55 AM
    i did exactly what your proposing and I love the decision i made. the nexus7 tablet is boss at what it says. i own both a bb9900 and a pb, yet the nexus7 does what you want it to do, when you want it to do it. the connectivity though may pose a problem for yourself. you can tether via bluetooth, but you need to root your tablet. also im not too sure if the bb can do it but other web tutorials show how to do it with an android phone.

the pb has things you will miss, but there not deal breakers. android is fun, you'll love the tablet, i read a rumer on android central saying a $99 android tablet is on the way for christmas but i have no clue how true it is.

buy one, try it out, most places give you 2 weeks to try it out before you can no longer return it for a full refund. also i know future shop and best buy have price protection for 30 days which you will need i think with the xmas season on its way.
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    11-20-12 01:42 AM
    Why is Netflix so important in your live ? I can't understand that
    11-20-12 02:30 AM
    Some people don't buy cable/satelitte TV and rely on Hulu and Netflix for television.

A lot cheaper.
    11-20-12 02:35 AM
    Some people don't buy cable/satelitte TV and rely on Hulu and Netflix for television.

A lot cheaper.
    But not as cheap as eztv.it.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    11-20-12 06:09 AM
    Seems that people in USA, Canada and northern countries (Sweden, Finland, Norway) are not interested in movie piracy. Or maybe it's prohibited by law :S
    11-20-12 06:30 AM
    If what OP deems important is legal and doesn't infringe on the rights of others, trying to "understand" it is a wasted exercise, no?
    FF22 and speedtrap63 like this.
    11-20-12 06:54 AM
    Seems that people in USA, Canada and northern countries (Sweden, Finland, Norway) are not interested in movie piracy. Or maybe it's prohibited by law :S
    I will not pirate any movie given an option to watch the movie as is. But here in India our censor board simply ruin the movie while editing. God knows when they'll realize that as an adult I can make the decision.
    11-20-12 10:43 AM
    Look at the Acer 7" tablets as well - they are superb. I've got an A100, but there are newer versions now. They are just such a pleasure to use, no fighting anything, unlike the PB (which I also have).
    11-20-12 10:43 AM
    The Nexus 7 is definitely the best bang for the buck right now for an Android tablet, especially if you're not interested in having to root and install a custom ROM to get a regular android interface.
    I will not pirate any movie given an option to watch the movie as is. But here in India our censor board simply ruin the movie while editing. God knows when they'll realize that as an adult I can make the decision.
    What, you can't have the movie shipped to you from a country that doesn't edit it?
    11-20-12 12:00 PM
    get a Playbook (cheap from what I hear lmao) and get this app.... Plex for the BlackBerry PlayBook now available - Stream your personal media, Netflix and more! | CrackBerry.com Plays netflix... That way you can use the 9800 bridge feature to connect to the internet on the Playbook and you get to use the functionality of the Playbook/BB10 when it comes out and Netflix may surprise people and be available as a native app when BB10 launches.

Keep it in the BB family
    11-20-12 01:53 PM
    First off, the Nexus 7 is awesome... But if you are watching netflix on there you will notice the screen isn't as bright and the mono speaker on the back of the tablet greatly reduces the audio quality of your shows.

Second of all, I watch netflix on my Playbook regularly, using a service called PlayOn... It streams Netflix, Hulu (no need to buy plus), HBO Go, and dozens of other channels. It uses a PC as a host, and it does need to be on a wi fi network for initial setup. After that, you can travel anywhere and watch. There were some connection issues when trying to use Bridge 3g to stream content, but it does work most of the time, and always works on wi-fi. It effectively solves the lack of hulu and netflix support, and is a much faster and smoother way access other content as well.
    11-20-12 01:58 PM
    Last I looked, there's no law against having multiple tablets. I think everyone should try an Android tablet. I had a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 that I eventually passed on to my daughter. It was a great machine. Netflix ran just fine on it. I bought the Galaxy Tab 2 instead of the Nexus 7 (which was just out and the same price when I bought it) because I liked the Samsung add-ons (many prefer the "pure" Android experience, but I didn't) and because you could add external memory (microsd card). Even though I've had several Android phones, and still have one as my second line, I just didn't like the Android tablet user experience.

I used my Motorola Defy as a wifi hotspot for the Tab 2, but kept reaching for the Playbook because, with the bridge to my BB it was always connected and always available. With the Tab 2, I'd have to start up the hotspot to get data when away from my home wifi. Also, at my office (no wifi), the hotspot was just not very reliable, although generally faster than the bridged Playbook. The flow of data would just stop at times, or slow way down, and then speed up again after several minutes. It got very frustrating. At the same time, the bridged Playbook kept soldiering on, more slowly, but more reliably.

One other thing: while Android phone apps run fine on the tablets, some aren't very nice on the tablet since they were made for phones and some run only in portrait mode and not landscape, so I kept having to turn the Tab 2 from portrait to landscape and back as I switched between program. In the end, the Playbook gestures were just so much better and I found there was little I do on a daily basis that my Playbook couldn't do. Obviously, I don't watch movies on my tablets, but some people do, so do what you like and use what you like and don't let the naysayers needle you about doing what you want to do.
    11-20-12 04:25 PM
    You're best served by going to one of the Android forums, such as here, androidcentral or Androidpolice. From what I've read, androidpolice is one of the more objective forums, as far as the articles go. As stated there, 4.2 Jelly Bean is the most buggy os since Honeycomb, and with less improvements. So whatever you get, they recommend holding off on the 4.2 update, especially on the Nexus7, until Google cleans it up. Nevertheless, read the complaints and problems of the tablets you're looking at, as well as the praise and attributes, as they all have their problems and good features. You'll find many don't like a complete Google ecosystem as the Nexus series has, but prefer a more varied environment as Samsung and Asus supply, as well as better build quality.

You really should research on an android site, not a BlackBerry site. Odd.
    11-20-12 11:39 PM

What, you can't have the movie shipped to you from a country that doesn't edit it?
    I can do it from Amazon, but that ain't convenient as a rental service, where I can just watch any movie it and return back(no need to buy and pay international shipping plus customs) on every other movie.
    11-21-12 12:05 AM
    I have a Nexus 7 which is a nice machine and does some things better than the PB. I upgraded to JB 4.2 and haven't had much trouble with it. If you are going to mainly watch movies on a tablet seems like you would want to consider a larger screen than 7". And you cerainly don't want one that has a lousy screen which would probably rule out the cheapies.
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    11-21-12 01:06 AM
    Well I bought a ASUS Nexus 7. Pretty nice, quick learning curve, and of course apps that RIM doesn't offer. The lack of flash however is very apparent, but Netflix is nice.
    My Torch 9800 is not a wifi hotspot so the Nexus needs other wifi. That can be fixed with BB10.
    Bottom line, I am going to return it for the much more expensive Samsung ATIV Smart PC 11.6" tablet. I decided if i'm going to get a second tablet, it will be a windows 8 tablet. Just my opinion, and I love my toys.
    Bottom line if I could only keep the PB or the Nexus 7, I would be keeping my PB without a second thought.
    Last edited by easydoesit99; 11-28-12 at 01:31 AM.
    11-28-12 01:06 AM
    Thanks rotorwrench, I did check out many forums, reviews, etc. I wanted to stay with the 7" format and the Nexus 7 is rated very high. As I mentioned below, if I could only keep the PB or the Nexus 7, I would keep my PB without a second thought. And the iPad never came close. Bottom line for Apple, too expensive, no flash. Neither the 4th G or the mini was realistic.
    But I will be spending big on a windows 8 tableet, again see below. It will replace my laptop to a certain degree and is the latest toy. And I've read Windows 8 on a tablet is awesome. But the PB won't be going anywhere, it fits on the dash of my Jeep. But I'm sure I'll be upgrading to the LTE PB for the increased performance.
    11-28-12 01:29 AM
    It's not that. Netflix is just easier than pirating. Buying movies is a huge pain in the , but streaming is dead easy. As Valve has stated, all you need to do is offer paying customers a better service than the pirates.
    11-28-12 02:25 AM
28 12