No, I would not buy a new playbook if one did come out if it was a full price purchase (purchased mine at, I think, 20%. MRSP). However, at this point, if, in a crazy world, they had like 1M sign up for pre order wouldn't it be almost no issue job now that they have all the Zs basically bugged out and just mating them to the screen. Wouldn't even have to worry about it being a "phone " as it still technically wouldn't be. At least then you would have the apps available to the Z phone here.
    I would even consider, if they had remaining playbook hardware (mainly for the monitors etc) to just retrofit a good number and throw them out there even if just for consumer feedback, not a money making thing... Maybe even make them BBM ready?
    Thuggidy likes this.
    05-04-14 10:21 AM
    I'd buy one just to be consistent. I'd prefer all of my devices to be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    05-04-14 05:19 PM
    I would love to purchase a new BlackBerry tablet. I fear that we will never see a BB10 tablet though The PlayBook just did so poorly that it seems to have scared BlackBerry away from the market. We can hope though..

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 05:40 PM
    Not so much scare rather embarrassed how the company handled the update no update, BB 10 no BB 10 fiasco. BlackBerry has very loyal fans. It also means they won't forget. PlayBook is kind of a sore subject to brooch

Posted via CB10
    madman0141 and Barracuda7772 like this.
    05-04-14 05:45 PM
    I would love a new BlackBerry tablet but RIMBERRY how's no idea how to support it. Other than all the broken promises they made. So I would fully support a new RIMBERRY by waiting 1 year and then buying it brand new from Amazon for $99.
    05-04-14 06:55 PM
    Some people have odd ideas about how mobile devices are developed.

"Hey Frank! How many of those unsold Playbooks do we have sitting in that warehouse from 2012?"
    "Dunno, few hundred thousand"
    "Hang on...Hey Steve! Can we make that Z30 OS run on a 7 inch screen?"
    "Don't see why not"
    "Great, let's get a website up and start taking preorders at $199"
    "Great idea, JC. You da man!"
    "Call CNBC. Blackberry is back in the tablet business!"
    05-04-14 07:17 PM
    I think blackberry in general died because the leadership of the company lacked confidence and innovation, they were really incompetent. Even with different CEO's in less than 3 years. They made blackberry irrelevant.
    SomeoneOrOther likes this.
    05-04-14 07:26 PM
    "Hey Frank! How many of those unsold Playbooks do we have sitting in that warehouse from 2012?"
    "Don't see why not"
    "But JC, you have already announced that the PlayBooks will be discontinued and they are!?"
    "Oh crap! you're right... start the rumors... we need to dispose those inventories"

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-04-14 09:04 PM
    Some people have odd ideas about how mobile devices are developed.

"Don't see why not"
    Can you also tell CNBC and Steve that if I do the miraculous hi tech maneuver of attaching a hdmi cable from said 7"playbook to 100" screen I get the same video? Yea people do have funny thoughts about how mobile devices are "developed " lol
    05-04-14 09:51 PM
    Can you also tell CNBC and Steve that if I do the miraculous hi tech maneuver of attaching a hdmi cable from said 7"playbook to 100" screen I get the same video? Yea people do have funny thoughts about how mobile devices are "developed " lol
    I'll take 4 of those tablets please! Order up!!!

Posted via CB10
    GV2012 likes this.
    05-05-14 02:30 AM
    In general, I feel I've gotten my money's worth after buying my playbook on fire sale a little over 1.5 years ago. I can still do some web surfing on it, watch video (this performs amazingly well) and read books/pdfs. I am supplied with a BB device through work, so it was a great pair when using the previous BB7. I was switched to a Z10 a little over a year ago, and have lived through the growing pains. I chat with the IT team from time to time and was surprised to find out that we have 60%+ hardware failure rate on the BB10 devices and will be dropping Blackberry devices altogether by the end of this year.

To me, the Playbook was a great concept and a well designed piece of HARDWARE, but hardware is only as good as the software. BBRY fell flat under previous management in supporting the Playbook, and it seems that the BB10 devices may not be working out either. I've been burnt in the past more than once for going for better hardware that was not the popular choice in the market (and if market support isn't there, manufacturer support will suffer). I'll definitely be looking into Android or Apple next time around.
    05-05-14 06:49 AM
    I have been tablet hunting lately to replace my playbook. What have I found? Junk! The ones with android are really cheaply constructed and the ones with MS well, are MS 8 which IMO is just bad for tablets. Would get a new BlackBerry in a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 10:54 AM
    In general, I feel I've gotten my money's worth after buying my playbook on fire sale a little over 1.5 years ago. I can still do some web surfing on it, watch video (this performs amazingly well) and read books/pdfs. I am supplied with a BB device through work, so it was a great pair when using the previous BB7. I was switched to a Z10 a little over a year ago, and have lived through the growing pains. I chat with the IT team from time to time and was surprised to find out that we have 60%+ hardware failure rate on the BB10 devices and will be dropping Blackberry devices altogether by the end of this year.

To me, the Playbook was a great concept and a well designed piece of HARDWARE, but hardware is only as good as the software. BBRY fell flat under previous management in supporting the Playbook, and it seems that the BB10 devices may not be working out either. I've been burnt in the past more than once for going for better hardware that was not the popular choice in the market (and if market support isn't there, manufacturer support will suffer). I'll definitely be looking into Android or Apple next time around.
    Any breakdown on the 60% failure rate? Seems astronomical. Any comparison with other brands? Are they just throwing them against the wall?
    05-05-14 11:14 AM
    Any breakdown on the 60% failure rate? Seems astronomical. Any comparison with other brands? Are they just throwing them against the wall?
    One of my coworkers had his mic stop working. That's one I know of for sure. Didn't get into details of the kind of failures involved. If I happen to see the guy, I'll ask him. We're on different floors, so don't see him all the time.

Using my BBRY to inconvenience 1s and 0s
    05-05-14 03:32 PM
    One of my coworkers had his mic stop working. That's one I know of for sure. Didn't get into details of the kind of failures involved. If I happen to see the guy, I'll ask him. We're on different floors, so don't see him all the time.

Using my BBRY to inconvenience 1s and 0s
    Seems extremely exaggerated...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-05-14 04:47 PM