I locked my 64Gb Playbook a couple of years ago and have had no need too use it until recently. I have kept it charged.

I am not able to remember the security code that was implemented by our IT people (who are no longer employed) and their record keeping was not good - to say the least!

On board there are about 500 images, video clips and PDFs that would be very helpful if I could access them.

Any advice on how (if) I can get into the system without knowing the security password please?

My email address is ij@armstrongoptical.co.uk
    11-07-15 07:05 AM
    Prepare for life without these files. They're as good as gone. Sorry.
    11-08-15 01:47 PM
    Prepare for life without these files. They're as good as gone..
    This is possably not true. IF, you had enabled wifi file sharing on your Playbook and did not password protect the file sharing function (i.e., you only password protected device access) before putting it to bed, then you should be able to access and copy the files you want over wifi even without your PB password. You can access these files with your PC or with your android phone/device. Boot up your PB till it reaches the password screen. On your android phone, for example, install/use ES File Explorer, then swipe to the Network tab, then Lan and then the scan icon (next to the X). Hopefully, your Playbook will be found (you'll only see its ip address). Tap on any results after scanning. If one result shows 3 folders- certs, IPC$, and media, that's your Playbook. Tap on media and navigate to the files you want. Then copy these files over to your android. No password should be necessary.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 11-09-15 at 03:07 PM.
    BoneMatrix, andy957 and swadarshan like this.
    11-09-15 02:55 PM
    This is possably not true. IF, you had enabled wifi file sharing on your Playbook and did not password protect the file sharing function (i.e., you only password protected device access) before putting it to bed, then you should be able to access and copy the files you want over wifi even without your PB password. You can access these files with your PC or with your android phone/device. Boot up your PB till it reaches the password screen. On your android phone, for example, install/use ES File Explorer, then swipe to the Network tab, then Lan and then the scan icon (next to the X). Hopefully, your Playbook will be found (you'll only see its ip address). Tap on any results after scanning. If one result shows 3 folders- certs, IPC$, and media, that's your Playbook. Tap on media and navigate to the files you want. Then copy these files over to your android. No password should be necessary.
    hi can you help me please?
    i have a playbook bought used but good condition on ebay.
    just figured out it is locked for pc/wifi connection.
    it is also missing video chat app, i was about to sideload that when figured this password needed for pc connection.
    but i also want to put music and film from my computer and whatsoever.
    is there any way to unlock this please?
    01-24-16 07:44 PM
    hi can you help me please?
    i have a playbook bought used but good condition on ebay.
    just figured out it is locked for pc/wifi connection.
    it is also missing video chat app, i was about to sideload that when figured this password needed for pc connection.
    but i also want to put music and film from my computer and whatsoever.
    is there any way to unlock this please?
    Just do a wipe and reload the OS, and you will be good to go. That way you get rid of all the previous users bits and bytes, and you can start fresh....
    01-29-16 01:57 PM