anyone else? its getting very good reviews and $400cdn is a steal!
    04-27-11 10:58 AM
    i heard some talk on it. 400 is a steal! when does it hit stores?
    04-27-11 11:09 AM
    anyone else? its getting very good reviews and $400cdn is a steal!

Wrong site Troll.

http://www.androidcentral.com/?utm_s..._term=sitename
    04-27-11 11:15 AM
    It will essentially be the same as the Xoom, right - but cheaper.

Engadget not so keen on it:

Acer Iconia Tab A500 review -- Engadget
    04-27-11 11:16 AM
    It will essentially be the same as the Xoom, right - but cheaper.

Engadget not so keen on it:

Acer Iconia Tab A500 review -- Engadget
    He's referring to the Asus transformer tablet. Looks nice if having a tablet that doubles as a laptop with honeycomb appeals to you. I've heard mixed reviews about the hardware, but the price is excellent (except the keyboard dock w/ battery costs more)

Engadget link: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (UK edition) review -- Engadget
    04-27-11 11:20 AM
    the OP might not be a troll, the device is a very compelling product, 2.8# with a kb dock and 16 hrs of life, 1080 out, usb and sd support all @ a decent price + the link to the gadget review is for the wrong product and they like like the asus overall. its not 7" and it does not have the screen quality of the PB but its an interesting option for someone wanting both a tablet and netbook in one imo

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (UK edition) review -- Engadget
    04-27-11 11:23 AM
    Good luck finding one!

Sold out everywhere with massive backorders.

$399 10" IPS screen, is what the mass market wants.
    Last edited by Sonic77; 04-27-11 at 11:27 AM.
    04-27-11 11:24 AM
    i heard some talk on it. 400 is a steal! when does it hit stores?
    yesterday and already soldout.
    04-27-11 11:24 AM
    What a name.eekpad. Size does matter then.
    04-27-11 11:25 AM
    RIM's QNX is so much nicer than honeycomb too, but they need it on a 10" device with apps people expect.

Hope it happens soon or iOS and Android will run away with the tablet market.
    04-27-11 11:29 AM
    yes im a troll and yet i own a playbook. think before you run your mouth.
    04-27-11 11:30 AM
    Does seem impressive
    Android™ - Android™ 3.0 Honeycomb™ OS - NVIDIA� Tegra™ 250 Dual Core Mobile Processor - 1GB DDR2 memory - 16GB internal storage - 10.1" WXGA HD Multi-Touch Display (1280 x 800) - NVIDIA� GeForce – Front and rear facing webcams - 802.11b/g/n WLAN - Dolby� Mobile Technology - Dual speakers - Bluetooth� - HDMI™ - Micro-HDMI™ - Dolby� Mobile Technology - MicroSD memory card reader - Lithium-ion polymer battery - 1-year limited warranty.
    Source: A500-10S16u | Product Model
    Listed at $449, the keyboard dock is listed around $120-160 I believe.
    04-27-11 11:36 AM
    Oops my mistake. The keyboard dock does cost extra though. Anyone know how much? I'm half expecting RIM to do something like this someday. Part of 'mobile office' range. Globe and Mail news said that genesys of Playbook was a request from customers for a secure laptop, which morphed into a tablet early in development

He's referring to the Asus transformer tablet. Looks nice if having a tablet that doubles as a laptop with honeycomb appeals to you.
    04-27-11 11:36 AM
    Oops my mistake. The keyboard dock does cost extra though. Anyone know how much? I'm half expecting RIM to do something like this someday. Part of 'mobile office' range. Globe and Mail news said that genesys of Playbook was a request from customers for a secure laptop, which morphed into a tablet early in development
    I think its like $100-150 more, but the tablet is sold out everywhere as stated above. So it'll be a while before its available again, i'm sure.

The playbook does support a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, which is essentially the same thing minus the extra battery and dock. But you can always use the rapid charging pod, or any pod to emulate a laptop experience.
    04-27-11 11:42 AM
    Looks far too bulky for me.
    04-27-11 11:44 AM
    Asus makes top quality products and is usually on the forefront when it comes to innovation, they were behind the mini notebook rage a few years ago. They have several different designs coming soon or in development.

The one I find interesting is the eee Pad Slider, it includes a built in slider keyboard in a 10.1" form factor.

And of course you have the newly released eee Pad Transformer:

I just like how they thing outside the box and try to make an existing product even better.
    04-27-11 12:02 PM
    On paper the ASUS tramsformer looks awesome.

Read a couple reviews. Screen, although IPS, isn't that good. It's it's hard to see because it reflects alot.

Also read the US version won't have GPS.
    04-27-11 12:07 PM
    it has GPS and the screen glare isnt the best outside but every tablet seems to have that problem. I got one on order to try out. Should be here by May 1st at the latest
    04-27-11 12:13 PM
    Asus puts together some pretty good hardware. My mom has a traditional laptop made by Asus and I have a slate style computer from Asus and they're great machines. Both run Windows 7, so they're exactly what you would expect from a PC.

The real obstacle, in my opinion, for the eeepad will be the android OS. I have no doubt that Asus will have great hardware for it, but it's a matter of whether or not the software is there to back it up.
    04-27-11 12:28 PM
    sooooo if you get one and dont like it, I'll take it
    sorry... I trolled

Looks like a nice gadget, when you get it let me know how you like it. Did you try memory express?
    04-27-11 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD