I always thing iphones and ipads are a good idea until I use one it really is the least intuitive phone and tablet experience I've ever used. they do have good build quality though.

look at it this way if apps were not an issue the playbook os2.1is worlds ahead of ios in funtionality and ui.
    I know I'm not covering all the basis and I'm sure I will get blasted so be its my opinion.

ios just takes me right back to 2007 where the lockscreen had the earth on it. so they added a camera feature to the lock screen and you can double even tripple tap the home button exciting times in innovation for sure.

but all that said I want apple to do well same as I want blackberry to do well competition is a good thing. IOS7 is goimg to need to blow a lot of people away as its getting pretty stale. Black,White and flat all over.........doesn't sound like its.going to change a heck of a lot
    05-27-13 06:48 AM
    I hope you're not kidding. Maybe you've never used a PB browser?

The PlayBook browser crashes and checkerboards so much, it's not funny... Safari on iOS may not have Flash but it's a lot more stable and it has proper bookmark management. I would gladly take a proper Youtube app that handles MP4 streams instead of using the PB browser.

Don't get called out for being a stupid fanboy
    I have not had browser crashed on me for a long time. Not since CB fixed the site upgrade. Despite the occasion checkerboards, I rather tolerate that than do without the swipe gesture. Having a Z10 makes it even more a necessity. I can do without Safari, I don't even use it for my IMac.
    05-27-13 07:01 AM
    Get the iPad and do not look back! I have two PB that are acquiring dust due to lack of software and flimsy network connection. As you may see, I am using my iPad to write this. There is no point in staying loyal to an unsupported product. If you have the money go with the iPad and its huuuge appstore. What can you do with a PB and cannot be done with an iPad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-27-13 10:25 AM
    It hasn't been given a release date...you just answered yourself...

Posted via CB10
    Since Heins took over BB has followed through on almost every commitment. The only one that got missed was Theme Builder 7. And they came out and said that it was unreleasable, they didn't just leave it hanging.

A couple of things were late, sure. Particularly the PBOS2.1 release. But "late" is not "canceled".
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-27-13 10:41 AM
    Since Heins took over BB has followed through on almost every commitment. The only one that got missed was Theme Builder 7. And they came out and said that it was unreleasable, they didn't just leave it hanging.

A couple of things were late, sure. Particularly the PBOS2.1 release. But "late" is not "canceled".
    I like the cut of your jib thunderbuck
    05-27-13 10:48 AM
    Here's a great reason to use a playbook over an ipad. The Web. You can actually surf on it on the Playbook. On the iPad you kind of pretend to surf on it... because there is so much of the web you can't actually see. You know.. little sites like...YouTube. Oh you have a youtube app? That's cute. You know all content is accessible on your little app right? No? Well now you do. Oh... and that wifi thing. Yeah the wifi on iPads sucks. Ya know why? The morons at apple actually routed the power to the wifi antenna through the display. So if you turn down the brightness... guess what? Right. You lose wifi signal.

I live in a house were there are 4 ipads. They are cute little toys used by the kids. Nothing more.
    I thought YouTube started using HTML5?
    05-27-13 10:56 AM
    but all that said I want apple to do well same as I want blackberry to do well competition is a good thing. IOS7 is goimg to need to blow a lot of people away as its getting pretty stale. Black,White and flat all over.........doesn't sound like its.going to change a heck of a lot
    I have a feeling it's going to look like Windows 8 - and it will be the most "innovative" interface in the world
    05-27-13 10:58 AM
    What can you do with a PB and cannot be done with an iPad?
    Flash support.

True multitasking.

Rapid charging port.

Front facing speakers.

Built-in mini HDMI out.

Presentation mode (not just screen mirroring).

Bridge.
    05-27-13 11:00 AM
    Pshh... Ipads are completely overrated in my opinion. I've used them extensively, so I'm not just talking. I would buy an android or a win8 tablet before I would buy an Ipad any day. I like the android tabs cuz they're cheap and easy to mod, and a win8 tab would be cool just for the full windows functionality (depending on the model of course)
    05-27-13 11:04 AM
    Flash support.

True multitasking.

Rapid charging port.

Front facing speakers.

Built-in mini HDMI out.

Presentation mode (not just screen mirroring).

Bridge.
    Your last point (Bridge) is relevant only with legacy devices.
    05-27-13 11:06 AM
    Your last point (Bridge) is relevant only with legacy devices.
    Not entirely true.. It depends on how you use it. I can understand why people are upset about the downgrade with BB10 bridge, but for me it works out. I only use bridge for the data and that works real good with my LTE Z10
    Thunderbuck and Dallin Crump like this.
    05-27-13 11:17 AM
    I wouldn't go with windows 8 because I would use a lot of the apps that we already bought for my wife's iPad, and I've ready too many negative reviews of those tablets.

I like iTunes, I don't get why people hat it so much. It works great with Apple devices. And we have 2 MacBook pro's and an iMac.

My PB browser sucks so bad now. The web is ridiculously slow and checkerboards on every page I open.

Flash is meaningless to me on websites.

The battery life is not nearly as good as the iPad Mini's.

I bought the PB two years ago at full price because I wanted a portable tablet that I could use daily for web browsing and light office work. But there really isn't anything that I can do with it that can't be done on an ipad and at least the ipad is getting supported by Apple. My only reason for keeping it all this time is I thought when BB10 was announced that we were going to get it too. It doesn't look that way now especially since Heins is saying that the tablet market will be dead in five years.

I guess I've answered my own question now on why I wouldn't want to stay with it. It just seems a shame because it had such promise and now seems to be all but forgotten by RIM. Not one mention of it at BBLive which is concerning.

I guess I'll wait and see what Apple brings to the table with the refresh this year of the mini before I jump ship though.
    05-27-13 11:40 AM
    What do you want to do that your Playbook can't do? If there is something, how much money is it worth to you? If it is worth the cost of a new iPad go for it.
    Also, ask yourself if it would be worth waiting to see if BBRY comes up with a solution in the near future? Check articles on Crackberry for the leaked BBRY road map.
    05-27-13 11:41 AM
    If you buy the iPad mini or even a fullsize one, consider getting an Adonit Stylus. You can buy them through thesource.ca, staples.ca, or through Adonit's own website Adonit - Create. Anyhow, Adonit only seems to support the iPad for some reason and snubs Android or other platforms but that stylus is pretty freaking awesome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3CPDpIwLSuM

Though there are no apps for it on the PlayBook, it does work very well on it however. Any capacitive screen will work. Just you won't get pressure sensitivity or palm rejection.
    05-27-13 11:48 AM
    What do you want to do that your Playbook can't do? If there is something, how much money is it worth to you? If it is worth the cost of a new iPad go for it.
    Also, ask yourself if it would be worth waiting to see if BBRY comes up with a solution in the near future? Check articles on Crackberry for the leaked BBRY road map.
    It's not what my PB can't do, it that the browser has become very sluggish and the updates for it seem to be nonexistent.
    05-27-13 01:08 PM
    It's not what my PB can't do, it that the browser has become very sluggish and the updates for it seem to be nonexistent.
    I agree about the browser being a bit sluggish, but there are good alternatives in BBWorld and elsewhere. If the PB gets the BB10 browser it's gonna go right back to the top
    05-27-13 01:11 PM
    Get what works for you. Seems like you would be happy with that iPad. Why not wait for the next update to it and be happier. Cheers.

Sent from forums.crackberry.com on my PlayBook browser. No joke.
    05-27-13 05:08 PM
    I haven't touched my PlayBook since I got the Z10, don't need any tablet with this beast

Posted from my amazing Z10
    05-27-13 05:11 PM
    I haven't touched my PlayBook since I got the Z10, don't need any tablet with this beast

Posted from my amazing Z10
    don't get me wrong the z10 is a great phone but its hardly a beast its really just an incramental update from the playbook .5 more gigs on the processor and an extra gig of ram.
    05-27-13 06:26 PM
    Amen
    Brother,
    05-27-13 08:37 PM
    Get the iPad and do not look back! I have two PB that are acquiring dust due to lack of software and flimsy network connection. As you may see, I am using my iPad to write this. There is no point in staying loyal to an unsupported product. If you have the money go with the iPad and its huuuge appstore. What can you do with a PB and cannot be done with an iPad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Run two apps at once on the same screen

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:46 PM
    Here is why. Your playbook has no resale value. Unless you really needed the $100 or less. Keep it in the drawer. If there's an upgrade, great! Otherwise, move on and get an iPad for yourself.
    I have both. Sometimes I find that I need the PlayBook to accomplish certain tasks. On line video training requiring Flash has been one example. The PlayBook is capable of video chatting with BBM video as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:59 PM
    Why would you want an IPad mini when you can get a Windows 8 tablet, with a bigger screen, an SD card slot, and a real USB port, for the same or less money.
    I used to have playbook. Now i use Z10 and Latitude 10 Dell Tablet running Windows 8 Pro.

Posted from my Z10
    05-28-13 12:06 AM
    I'm having similar thoughts. It is pretty painful surfing the net on my PB, so much so that I actively avoid it now, whereas in the past it was the go to device.
    What has changed? How come your browsing experience on the PB is now so painful when it used to be good?? Just Interested.
    05-28-13 09:19 AM
    Run two apps at once on the same screen

Posted via CB10
    i havent used a playbook for a while, but how do you run 2 apps in one screen? u got a video or screenshot of it?
    thanks
    05-28-13 10:43 AM
63 123