Bridge works great for me. Sweet feature.

What phone are you bridging to? Who's your carrier?

The PB browser is the best there is to be found on a tab and BB email is also the best available on the market (including the recent proprietary services outage) so what device do you feel offers better information fielding than the dynamic BB/PB duo?
    For the record... the Ipad Browser (iOS 5) & Opera Mobile (11.10) perform better at HTML 5 rendering than the Failbook does.
    11-18-11 05:39 PM
    How 'bout over 50, 55, 60, 65, 70!

See how many of the young and naive and the old and senile succumbed to rim's marketing!
    I'm 51. I may be old (according to your terminology), but I don't believe that I am quite senile. I've owned three BlackBerry phones (two Curves, and most recently a Bold 9650). When I was out shopping for an iPad for my daughter this spring, I looked at the PlayBook in my local Best Buy. I liked the way it worked, so I bought it. I'd done my homework; I knew it wasn't "fully functional," but RIM had promised certain things by summer. Now, personally, I am not a native e-mail user (not on my desktop PC, nor on my laptop), so I don't need it on the PlayBook either. But obviously, the average consumer does, or RIM would have sold more PlayBooks. Why should I care? Because if sales aren't what they should be (or even close), RIM may not be able to (or desire to) continue to support something that isn't selling.

I continue to love and use my PlayBook, but sometimes I feel like I am in a time machine, telling everyone how much I love my new Edsel.
    11-18-11 05:42 PM
    I love BlackBerry as much as all of you do. But theres a difference between supporting a brand and blindlessly following everything they do. That's what you criticize Apple fans for, yet you do the exact same thing.
    Love it, without a shadow of a doubt the best short, sweet and spot on comment I've read in the Failbook forums for a good while.

I'm 40, a BB Failbook owner and feel that it was the single most underwhelming, shoddy, unsupported usless piece of Carbon Retaining Aggregate Particles I have ever had the misfortune to spend good money on.

Who knows what will happen in Feb, but I am fairly sure that RIM will not manage to a] release a full decent OS after the best part of 3 years this has been in development or b] fail to release anything at all and palm us off with another excuse.

For now we simply have a half decent web browsing tablet that really can't do anything else of significance properly.
    11-18-11 05:56 PM
    Great post. I feel bad for the kid.
    11-18-11 06:25 PM
    Going through my weekly flyers tonight upset me more than usual. Why? I saw the price drops for the PlayBook. 199 for 16GB, 299 for 32GB, and 399 for 64GB. Are you kidding me? Let me start by saying I'm 14 years old. I worked super hard to earn enough money for a PlayBook. Not an iPad, a PlayBook. I knew it didn't have native email, calendar, Android player, etc., but that was all coming in 60 days...actually the end of summer..no, after DevCon...finally, February 2012. In other words, 11 months after the release date. This thing is worth less than half of what I bought it for and nothing that was promised was delivered to me. 599+tax and a case doesn't come easy for 14 year olds. I tried. I really did. I defended my PlayBook. "Is that an iPad?" No, its a PlayBook. "Oh, why didn't you get an iPad?" This is way better! Now I'm the one who looks like a fool. That leads me to the phones. I've been loyal to RIM for some time now, but its getting near the end for me. For BlackBerry, the coolest and most advanced apps we use are Copter, BrickBreaker, and Shazam. Meanwhile, the people wirth iPhones are doing things we would never imgaine doing, in the palm of their hand. The technology is behind. The marketing is behind. Do I see lines for the release of the Bold 9900? Do I even see a sign in the store, or a phone on display in the store? On launch date?! Nope. Step it up RIM. If you don't soon, well be gone before you know it. I know I will.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Either this is pure comedy....bahahahahah....or proof that youth is wasted on the young
    11-18-11 06:26 PM
    Fine... if you consider disruptive posting, personal attacks and insults to be comedy. Whatever, it has brought several warnings and a one week timeout for the most egregious offenders. A few high profile bannings just before the weekend always seems to reduce trolling...
    11-18-11 07:14 PM
106 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD