Now, if the argument is that you do not have a mouse or keyboard... well, you dont on the ipad either.

As for how to do date and time...

June 3 - Cottage
    subfolder 'beach'
    done.

it is very simple... people may have fallen into a dependency on some sort of other method, but photographers used manilla folders/filing systems to organize thousands of pictures before computers came out. Businesses still use methods like this...

I really dont see A HUGE flaw in whatever you are trying to say. My girlfriend recently came back from kenya with over 300 pictures. I organized them in a KENYA folder and subfolders for SAFARI , SCHOOL BUILDING, SCHOOL KIDS, NATURE, FAVES

she is able to pull up any of the over 300 pictures by opening the subfolder they are located in and then looking at the thumbnails... because each folder only has 60 - 80 pictures there is only about 3-4 scrolls needed. I could easily make more subfolders to eliminate the scrolling, but then you spend more time going through folders instead of moving your finger slightly down the screen.

I can see NO WAY how this method cannot transfer over to more photos, as I have said I do it with 5 000 photos.

To be honest, I devised this method because it is how I store my music... BAND folder with ALBUM subfolders. I have over 20 000 songs and can find ANY song in THREE clicks. BAND (1) then ALBUM (2) and SONG (3). Each album folder also has the release year in brackets so I can listen to music from a certain year if i want to.

SIMPLE and EASY
    06-03-12 01:42 AM
    Now, if the argument is that you do not have a mouse or keyboard... well, you dont on the ipad either.
    I really don't know about the iPad but you can do that in Android. For example.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.album&hl=en

Also note that (1) Android File Manager app has sorting and (2) you can choose other apps in selecting what you want to attach (including third party). Whereas on the Playbook you have to use that absolutely feature-free File Manager (or do the folder creation mambo jambo and use an online email client).
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-03-12 at 01:50 AM.
    06-03-12 01:48 AM
    I really don't know about the iPad but you can do that in Android. For example.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.album&hl=en

Also note that (1) Android File Manager app has sorting and (2) you can choose other apps in selecting what you want to attach (including third party). Whereas on the Playbook you have to use that absolutely feature-free File Manager (or do the folder creation mambo jambo and use an online email client).
    Im not sure about android... i know iPad is the same as PB, and as i have said there is a MUCH simpler way to do things.

my question is... how is this a NEGATIVE? ... If the PB/iPad are better by large margins will you not buy them because you cant label a picture?
    06-03-12 01:55 AM
    Im not sure about android... i know iPad is the same as PB, and as i have said there is a MUCH simpler way to do things.

my question is... how is this a NEGATIVE? ... If the PB/iPad are better by large margins will you not buy them because you cant label a picture?
    Is this the only thing that's been discussed?

Also a quick search got me a few similar apps on iPad that can do photo labeling and rating. E.g.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo...mt=8&at=10l3Vy

But I am not sure if you can email from within these apps. You probably can tell.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-03-12 at 02:03 AM.
    06-03-12 01:56 AM
    Is this the only thing that's been discussed?

Also a quick search got me a few similar apps on iPad that can do photo labeling and rating. E.g.

App Store - Photo Manager Pro
    No... but i really cannot stand people using false information to say something is not a good product (that goes for ANY information and ANY product), so if we eliminate this it is one less thing to discuss. That is all im trying to do.

This is a non-issue and it was being stated like it was THE LAST STRAW...
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-03-12 02:03 AM
    No... but i really cannot stand people using false information to say something is not a good product (that goes for ANY information and ANY product), so if we eliminate this it is one less thing to discuss. That is all im trying to do.

This is a non-issue and it was being stated like it was THE LAST STRAW...
    Agree. This may seem to be a minor issue to many, but it may bug some people. You know, people have different preferences and expectations.

Similarly, for me the major issues with the Playbook are the lack of background services, absence of Skype and a decent PDF Reader, but for some these may be non-issues.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-03-12 at 02:09 AM.
    06-03-12 02:07 AM

But the point is, there will always be something that other devices can do, your device can't. You just need to find the one that meets your particular needs.
    EXACTLY !!!! Doesn't get any more clear than that !
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-03-12 02:10 AM
    Agree. This may seem to be a minor issue to many, but it may bug some people. You know, people have different preferences and expectations.

Similarly, for me the major issues with the Playbook are the lack of background services, absence of Skype and a decent PDF Reader, but for some these may be non-issues.
    Agreed. which is why we have to get the RIGHT information out and STOP false information. I have no problem saying there is no skype or netflix, i also have no problem mentioning that PB can use flash to play ANY video that netflix has via streaming sites. but i WILL NOT stand by against false information.

On i side note... i have watched more flash/streaming tv shows/movies on my playbook since i got in November then I have on my computer/xbox using netflix.
    06-03-12 02:14 AM
    EXACTLY !!!! Doesn't get any more clear than that !
    Thanks. I personally chose the Playbook for its incredible UI and ease of use. Can't say the same about other currently existing OSs.

And yes, this is my subjective evaluation
    06-03-12 02:15 AM
    Thanks. I personally chose the Playbook for its incredible UI and ease of use. Can't say the same about other currently existing OSs.

And yes, this is my subjective evaluation
    although EVERYONE that i know says the PB OS is better then iOS (even the handful that own both)

its weird how the 'tech' people will tell you that the PB OS is better/easier to use UI but the 'normal' users get all caught up in the flash of iOS.
    06-03-12 02:19 AM
    Skype, Netflix, PDF reader - The Playbook has an excellent video chat however it ONLY works with other playbooks....
    ...I can skype video chat with someone on IOS or Android with zero problems on my ipad.
    ...In fact I just talked to a high school friend of mine working in the middle east yesterday.
    ...Skype video.

Aside from those things the Playbook IMHO is the better machine hands down given it plays nice with flash.
    06-03-12 05:29 AM
    although EVERYONE that i know says the PB OS is better then iOS (even the handful that own both)

its weird how the 'tech' people will tell you that the PB OS is better/easier to use UI but the 'normal' users get all caught up in the flash of iOS.
    First impressions count! You can pick up an ipad and be using it intuitively in a few minutes. You have to learn the multi gestures and edges before you can fully appreciate the playbook. If you get lost on the ipad you just press the main button.

People will choose simplicity over efficiency at first. Techies will appreciate efficiency!
    TNNurse likes this.
    06-03-12 09:54 PM
    First impressions count! You can pick up an ipad and be using it intuitively in a few minutes. You have to learn the multi gestures and edges before you can fully appreciate the playbook. If you get lost on the ipad you just press the main button.

People will choose simplicity over efficiency at first. Techies will appreciate efficiency!
    there is one gesture you need to know on the PB... SWIPE. the different places mean different things, but the PB teaches you that when you first turn in on (new device) and otherwise it is VERY easy to explain to someone. Also, the way that the UI is setup is that a swipe down always brings up the menu/settings options, to me this is 'easier' then wondering which tab the settings are in.

with iOS there are a combination of single/multiple finger swipes and button presses. I agree 100% that the ipad is 'easier' to pick-up and use for a new person to the tech game, kids love it. But if you put a PB in front of a kid they will have the same experience, i have seen it. i dont think there is anything wrong with iOS... i personally thing it is the best OS for phones right now, and love it on my iPhone4. But I think that that tablet version is just that... the same OS but for a tablet , and for me tablets need to be run differently.

I dont need multitasking on my phone, but i do thing it should be on tablets... and because of the same iOS with iPhone/iPad that is not possible. like i said before, i dont think iOS has any FLAWS... but it is missing some things that should be there for tablets to be the replacements for laptops. Im not saying PB has ALL of the things that the iPad doesnt, because that would be a lie... but the multitasking is something that I dont think I could live without.
    06-03-12 10:22 PM
    I love the form factor of the PB, the screen, the sound, and the battery. But if I could run Ice Cream Sandwich on it, I'd be in heaven - no more crashes, no more crashes, no more crashes ...
    06-03-12 10:31 PM
    Depending on the time my our IPAD craps out often with Skype. Therefore,if we use Skype we use it on the laptop and even there it's not always reliable.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-03-12 10:38 PM
    Depending on the time my our IPAD craps out often with Skype. Therefore,if we use Skype we use it on the laptop and even there it's not always reliable.

So then this isnt a problem with the iPad. Like i said, we need to make sure all the things we are attributing to devices are correct. I personally do not use skype that much because it does fail a lot, but lets make sure that people know that it is an issue with Skype and NOT the iPad... we dont want people NOT buying the iPad because it can run skype, that isnt fair.
    06-03-12 10:49 PM

I'm not convinced if it's intuitiveness or the fact that it's an OS that people have seen around for 6 years now. Probably both.
    PB gestures take 2 minutes to learn.
    06-04-12 09:18 AM

Some people like Skype and it works well for them. I tried to video chat with my granddaughter in CA on my laptop and had to end the call & reconnect 6 times to have a short conversation due to loss of audio. I only use it because I love my grandkids. For me it sucks in performance. But...it's also free...
    06-04-12 11:26 AM
    I'm not convinced if it's intuitiveness or the fact that it's an OS that people have seen around for 6 years now. Probably both.
    PB gestures take 2 minutes to learn.
    I am, I worked part time in an electronic store that sold both of these. People would pick up an ipad and play within for 15 minutes where as they would pick up a playbook and lose interest in a minute or two.
    06-04-12 03:22 PM
    I am, I worked part time in an electronic store that sold both of these. People would pick up an ipad and play within for 15 minutes where as they would pick up a playbook and lose interest in a minute or two.
    It's a symptom of the different nature of the PB UI. People these days are conditioned by the wildly popular iPad and Android tablets and that's all they know. Both of those tablets function similarly where you tap icons to get around in the UI. On the PB, if people can't do anything with it immediately, they will put it down and move on. That's because most people don't want to invest time in things when there is a whole store of things to get around and see. I doubt those people just don't like the PB.

If you were to ask a customer who just attempted to mess with a PB and put it down after a small amount of time why they didn't spend more time with it, they would likely say it's because they don't understand it. The swipe UI buffaloes most people who are inherently accustomed to the iPad and Android way of doing things.
    06-04-12 04:09 PM
    Here's a great reason to not buy an Ipad...

The wifi reception sucks. There is an ipad and an ipad 2 in my home. Both of them have the worst wifi reception of any device we have ever purchased. total garbage.

I went to apple forums to investigate... and honest to God... the advice Apple gives is... crank the screen brightness all the way up. That's right... they actually routed the power to the wifi antenna through the fricken screen. So if you have it on default power-saver settings... you're reception is garbage. We have done tests where we walked around our house with the playbook and the ipads... and places where the ipad was getting one bar... the playbook was at max reception. it was a complete joke.

Even after that fix however... they still get such bad wifi reception that the have been reduced to pointless game tablets for our kids.... and our kids prefer their 3ds's.

I have spent 1000 dollars on ipads... and they are totally useless pieces of garbage.

but I'm not bitter or anything...
    axeman1000 likes this.
    06-04-12 09:14 PM
    The OS is more popular on a iPad, just because it's created by Apple.
    06-04-12 09:21 PM

I wil say I like the OS on the PB better. But I have always believed that a 7" and a 10" tablet are two different beast. Two different markets.

But I don't think it just the 'flash' of iOS the people get caught up in. When the iPad first came out, the price and battery life were selling points, something nobody could compete with for two years. A 7" tablet with less battery life and the same price? Why would anyone considered it? I didn't, and now must say I'm sorry I didn't sooner.
    06-04-12 10:04 PM
    Lol its weird because I have done all of that in the past (some things daily). Why can I do this and you still can't figure it out? I know Ios is for people that aren't tech inclined (for the most part), but put some effort into it... The PB is much more versatile if you just know how to use it.
    You mean, iPad is for people who just want to get on with using their tablet, PB is for people who like searching out solutions on Crackberry. Still can't get my message app to work for more than a few hours at a time (it used to work alright). It's a fine tool, can do lot of great stuff, but it's glitchy. And that's not what most consumers are looking for. They don't want to buy problems, they want to buy solutions. So they buy Apple.
    06-04-12 10:23 PM
    Here's a great reason to not buy an Ipad...

The wifi reception sucks. There is an ipad and an ipad 2 in my home. Both of them have the worst wifi reception of any device we have ever purchased. total garbage.

I went to apple forums to investigate... and honest to God... the advice Apple gives is... crank the screen brightness all the way up. That's right... they actually routed the power to the wifi antenna through the fricken screen. So if you have it on default power-saver settings... you're reception is garbage. We have done tests where we walked around our house with the playbook and the ipads... and places where the ipad was getting one bar... the playbook was at max reception. it was a complete joke.

Even after that fix however... they still get such bad wifi reception that the have been reduced to pointless game tablets for our kids.... and our kids prefer their 3ds's.

I have spent 1000 dollars on ipads... and they are totally useless pieces of garbage.

but I'm not bitter or anything...
    Sorry to hear you're having wifi problems, though if it were something general, I imagine we'd hear lots about it. My ipod's wifi works great, though, easily comparable to my PB.
    06-04-12 10:26 PM
126 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD