iPad can take better pictures, duuh.

iPad can play more resource intensive games and perform more resources intensive tasks.

How about that? Specs still irrelevant?

They both still take pictures, the quality of the picture difference is so dependent,

I have both the 9900 and the 9790 different cameras and both take "better" pictures than the other depending on situations,
    My 9900 which everyone seems to say has a crappy Camera consistently takes better photo's of kids on the trampoline than the iPhone4S which apparently has the best Camera.

AND anyone who is concerned with camera quality on a tablet should be looking for a real camera, since portability is out the window already,

( I get this was tongue in cheek)
    06-01-12 05:13 PM
    What is an IPAD?? Hehehehehehehehe...problem solved.
    06-01-12 06:03 PM
    Euh ... les bras m'en tombent. (it's in French but not rude, mods ! )
    Your arms fell off??
    Please translate.
    06-01-12 06:15 PM
    Try sharing stuff on a Playbook, Try emailing a picture or better try emailing 2 pictures using playbook, try searching for a file or picture using the playbook, try accessing file on your pc from a playbook, there is so much the playbook cant do that you can do on an iPad or Android tablet.

Seriously the playbook is very limited compared to anything out there, i like my playbook a lot but there is no way it even comes close to the advancements that Android and IOS has.

At the moment i would say the playbook is a toy and a very beta one at that.

Call me negative or a Troll i dont care.......
    I haven't tried accessing files on my pc, but the rest of your list hasn't been an issue.
    06-01-12 06:18 PM
    You indeed can attach multiple pictures to an email on the Playbook, which is quite easy.
    It is not easy if you have to search through hundreds of pics or docs with the embarrassingly basic native file and folder 'system' that all native apps rely on. 'professional grade? Jeez.
    Last edited by Haseleyman; 06-01-12 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-01-12 06:20 PM
    I see we are flogging this one AGAIN.
    Slow news Friday.
    06-01-12 06:54 PM
    Your arms fell off??
    Please translate.
    Yes,it's an imaged expression which means "it's so crazy I can't even understand how man can imagine such a dumb statement" ... Or so.
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-01-12 06:57 PM
    It is not easy if you have to search through hundreds of pics or docs with the embarrassingly basic native file and folder 'system' that all native apps rely on. 'professional grade? Jeez.

You are correct. I was not referring to the ease of finding pictures, but attaching them. The sharing/emailing from within the pictures app on iOS and Android is much more effective as you can more easily find what you want (as in different folders, for example) and then share/email it.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-01-12 at 08:02 PM.
    06-01-12 07:53 PM
    The difference is about 500 thousand apps.
    06-01-12 08:09 PM
    The difference is about 500 thousand apps.
    I suspect you have invented that number - which tells me a lot about you . However, how many apps can one person use in, say, a month? How many of those are productive? How many are games - and what's your score? How many are useless albeit amusing for ten minutes?
    06-01-12 08:15 PM
    I suspect you have invented that number - which tells me a lot about you . However, how many apps can one person use in, say, a month? How many of those are productive? How many are games - and what's your score? How many are useless albeit amusing for ten minutes?
    Can I ask you how many things you normally buy at a grocery store?
    06-01-12 08:19 PM
    Can I ask you how many things you normally buy at a grocery store?
    Well that would depend on whether I am shopping for a week for my family or if I'm making a special trip because we are entertaining.

I fail, however, to understand the relevance of the comparison. When one buys groceries, it's generally to provide meals - a necessity of continued living. You aren't seriously comparing food to apps are you?!?

Or are you suggesting that, as a woman, "grocery shopping" is the only comparison I'd understand?
    06-01-12 08:48 PM
    Well that would depend on whether I am shopping for a week for my family or if I'm making a special trip because we are entertaining.

I fail, however, to understand the relevance of the comparison. When one buys groceries, it's generally to provide meals - a necessity of continued living. You aren't seriously comparing food to apps are you?!?

Or are you suggesting that, as a woman, "grocery shopping" is the only comparison I'd understand?
    No, I am not comparing apps to food. at least not in that sense. And I didn't know you were a woman.

But back to my comparison. Did you ever ask yourself why grocery stores sell thousands of items whereas you normally buy just a few?
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-01-12 at 08:58 PM.
    06-01-12 08:51 PM
    No, I am not comparing apps to food and I didn't know you were a woman.

But back to my comparison. Did you ever ask yourself why grocery stores sell thousands of items whereas you normally buy just a few?
    Perhaps you live in a larger urban center than I do. My local grocery store carries a more modest selection.

That said, your point is that it's absolutely essential to provide far more selection in apps in order to satisfy the whims of the purchasers. Okay - I get that, but your argument is really nothing more than rationalizing. Because they exist, you feel that it's reasonable that they exist. In fact, I suspect, with the exception of games, one probably needs only two or three choices for an app to accomplish a given goal.
    06-01-12 09:07 PM
    Perhaps you live in a larger urban center than I do. My local grocery store carries a more modest selection.

That said, your point is that it's absolutely essential to provide far more selection in apps in order to satisfy the whims of the purchasers. Okay - I get that, but your argument is really nothing more than rationalizing. Because they exist, you feel that it's reasonable that they exist. In fact, I suspect, with the exception of games, one probably needs only two or three choices for an app to accomplish a given goal.
    Exactly my point. One should be satisfied with just a few tens of different items in a store, right? Bread, cheese, milk. Why the heck would we need thousands if not tens of thousands things in a store?

I for one love Havarti cheese of a certain brand and I will prefer going to a store that carries it while carrying everything else I need. And I realize that Havarti is not the only type of cheese that a store needs to carry.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-01-12 at 09:21 PM.
    06-01-12 09:09 PM
    Exactly my point. One should be satisfied with just a few tens of different items in a store, right? Bread, cheese, milk. Why the heck would we need thousands if not tens of thousands things in a store?
    Um ... in my area, the choice is less than, apparently, in your area.

You feel there should be an almost infinite number of choices. I do not. In fact, too many choices interferes with actually accomplishing something. The more time one spends comparing 100 apps doing the same thing, the less time one has to do the task for which one was searching for an app!
    06-01-12 09:19 PM
    Um ... in my area, the choice is less than, apparently, in your area.

You feel there should be an almost infinite number of choices. I do not. In fact, too many choices interferes with actually accomplishing something. The more time one spends comparing 100 apps doing the same thing, the less time one has to do the task for which one was searching for an app!
    No, you didn't get the point.

You prefer no choice or limited choice. Be it.

However, others may prefer more choice as in one person prefering product X, and another preferring product Y instead. The only way to make everybody most happy is to cater to both people.

But you are right. Choosing from 300 types/brands of cheese may be a difficult task. But I am grateful I have that option to try some/most of them in order to find what I like

Anyway, we digress.

My take on this matter is that there are many things that the iPad/Android can do that the Playbook can't. There are things that the Playbook can do that other tablets can't. In the end of the day, get the one that best suits your needs. No need to justify your choice. At least publicly.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-01-12 at 09:36 PM.
    06-01-12 09:21 PM
    I've had my PlayBook since launch, and my wife has the iPad 3 since launch. There's no denying that the iPad is a great device with great apps and media content. However, I still prefer the PB for ease of getting and playing media on it (trying to get your own movies onto the iPad is a real pain).
    polytope likes this.
    06-01-12 09:31 PM
    The new iPad can now make free viop calls to anywhere in the USA and Canada using an app called Sidecar. The person you call will get a text message asking them to get sidecar.

Because iOS is so popular, and people can make money and Apple let's them into the App Store, there are more and varied apps in the App Store. There are apps for you to go flash sites. Apps for text messages. Apps to download videos straight to your iPad. Apps that will make your iPad work like a Playbook.

I love my PlayBook. I use it everyday.
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-01-12 09:46 PM
    The new iPad can now make free viop calls to anywhere in the USA and Canada using an app called Sidecar. The person you call will get a text message asking them to get sidecar.

Because iOS is so popular, and people can make money and Apple let's them into the App Store, there are more and varied apps in the App Store. There are apps for you to go flash sites. Apps for text messages. Apps to download videos straight to your iPad. Apps that will make your iPad work like a Playbook.

I love my PlayBook. I use it everyday.

Thanks. Found it. Looks good. Also available for Android.

Anyone ready to start a campaign on getting this thing on the Playbook?

Not as cross-platform as Skype but you can call to phones, which would be great.

Sidecar
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-01-12 at 10:54 PM.
    06-01-12 10:51 PM
    Sometimes I feel like a BETA tester for RIM's QNX OS but I'm pretty fine with what i have to work with at the moment and sure iPAD can do things that a PB cant but for the last 5 pages I see nobody talked about the speakers and the surround sound quality that it gives that I think is unmatched to this day by no other tab.
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-02-12 12:54 AM
    Sometimes I feel like a BETA tester for RIM's QNX OS but I'm pretty fine with what i have to work with at the moment and sure iPAD can do things that a PB cant but for the last 5 pages I see nobody talked about the speakers and the surround sound quality that it gives that I think is unmatched to this day by no other tab.
    Just recently started to listen to Pandora on Playbook while web browsing.
    Max741 likes this.
    06-02-12 01:23 AM
    BackDaws: Call me negative or a Troll i dont care.......
    Troll? Why would anyone call you a troll? I do have one question though. Why does it say banned under your user name.

try searching for a file or picture using the playbook
    Have. You tried Super File Manager it is app in App Would. Can't say I have the trouble you seem to.
    Last edited by TNNurse; 06-02-12 at 01:47 AM.
    06-02-12 01:40 AM
    So let me get this straight.....u guys are comparing specs of the playbook...(just over a year old) to the new ipad....two months old...why dont u put apples with apples ( pardon the pun) and compare it to the ipad 2 that was released about the same time....especially there dismal .98 mp back camera they got away with...ive seen kids toys with a better camera. . And still charge prime price for it.
    Well, RIM's still charging same price for the Bold 9900 as others charge for the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy SII.

Guess we now know why OS7 sales are stalling, eh?
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-02-12 02:13 AM
    The stereo mics and stereo speakers on the PB have been mentioned numerous times on CB. Indeed, if one has a chance to listen to some Beethoven symphonies through ipad and the pb, one would wonder why Apple would dare to charge so much and NOT put in stereo speakers.
    06-02-12 02:21 AM
126 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD