... im not messing about with email to share pics or chat with someone........you people are very frustrating.
    And yet you very clearly wrote "email". Your statement was ... "Try emailing a picture or better try emailing 2" so you can't really blame people for misunderstanding your inability to express what it is you actually mean can you?

As for our frustrating you ... well ... imagine how we all feel about you!
    alnamvet68 and Harryl6134 like this.
    06-01-12 02:12 PM
    iPad can run more things that people want and need, skype, netflix, slingplayer...etc. Basically all the big time apps that the playbook is lacking and sales suffer because of RIM and there inability to understand basic concepts about what people want. That being said, the size is great, looks great, feels great, runs great, bridge and tether is great, official keyboard in which i'm typing this on is great... If we could just get those apps I listed off the top of my head you will see the PlayBook take off, it's almot like they don't want it to succeed
    Last edited by jwn66; 06-01-12 at 02:39 PM.
    06-01-12 02:36 PM
    iPad can run more things that people want and need, skype, netflix, slingplayer...etc. Basically all the big time apps that the playbook is lacking and sales suffer because of RIM and there inability to understand basic concepts about what people want. That being said, the size is great, looks great, feels great, runs great, bridge and tether is great, official keyboard in which i'm typing this on is great... If we could just get those apps I listed off the top of my head you will see the PlayBook take off, it's almot like they don't want it to succeed
    /facepalm

Do you really think RIM doesn't know people want Skype and Netflix??

Do you really not realize that its not up to RIM?
    06-01-12 02:45 PM
    /facepalm

They do, they all do; it just sounds so much tougher when they can say RIM is a fail for not having skype and whatever else they think is necessary for PB success. The fact of the matter is that if the PlayBook had every native app that the iPad had, the same usual suspects and their multiple aliases would STILL be talking smack about the PlayBook; it's a sport to these guys, to bash the PB; and most likely the only sport they have ever engaged in.
    06-01-12 02:52 PM
    iPad is a good domestic tablet. PlayBook is a good mobile tablet.
    I guess this is not a discussion, it's a fact.
    06-01-12 02:55 PM
    Everything an iPad or Android do, PB can do... OK, I'm obviously lying... but I do really like my PB specifically when surfing internet... it feels different than using iOS and Android... but one thing that I'm beginning to realize the inferiority of PB with the new iPad and Galaxy Note (I have both devices and alternately using them so I can really distinguish) is the screen display... no way our beloved PlayBook will ever match the clarity, depth in colors and pleasant display of the new iPad and Galaxy Note displays... so I can really say that every applications or games utilizing the high definition display of a tablet, has an advantage when looking at these HD display screen... I used to read books and documents in PB but gradually being changed by these HD display... my eyes can really feel the difference...

I do really wish that RIM consider this HD display screen in PB... together with the QNX OS, it will make our PB more competitive...
    06-01-12 03:04 PM
    The iPad is made by slaves and child slave labor.
    06-01-12 03:11 PM
    /facepalm

Oh but it is up to RIM. It's pretty obvious they're not willing to pay for them to make the apps.
    06-01-12 03:22 PM
    "Oh but it is up to RIM. It's pretty obvious they're not willing to pay for them to make the apps."

The Playbook doesn't need an app for netflix mate. All they need is netflix not to block their products.

You need to accept that your problem isn't with RIM... its with Netflix.
    alnamvet68, Mr.Monty and sk8er_tor like this.
    06-01-12 03:25 PM
    "Oh but it is up to RIM. It's pretty obvious they're not willing to pay for them to make the apps."

The Playbook doesn't need an app for netflix mate. All they need is netflix not to block their products.

Nope, I think it's you who need to realize that the problem IS with RIM, why else are they cutting 6k jobs, people resigning left and right, losses, write offs. It's because they're not selling devices due to bad marketing which to me includes the acquisition of big name app makers. Simple as that, big time apps, more sales, more word of mouth, better reputation = success.
    06-01-12 03:40 PM

Is it up to RIM to work with Adobe (a partner) to get a real Adobe Reader on the Playbook and other Adobe apps that are mysteriously missing on the Playbook?

Is it up to RIM to at least make Docs To Go as good as on other platforms?

Is it up to RIM to finally allow background services for third party apps?

Is it up to RIM to give us at least browser bookmark management and search on page after 1.5 years of development? It's not like that they don't know people want these features, is it?

Is it up to RIM to nicely ask its another partner (Microsoft) to consider developing a Skype app for the Playbook?

Oh, yeah, I forgot, it's always the external forces.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-01-12 at 03:54 PM.
    Osh likes this.
    06-01-12 03:42 PM
    It can empty your wallet faster.
    Since my comment was deleted for some unknown reason, let me repeat that you spend more money with other platforms because there IS stuff that you want and the value of that stuff is higher than the price you pay. Hence, you spend more. Nobody forces you to spend more.

Again, you spend more because there is stuff you would like to spend money on. Sounds good to me. I wish there were as many things on the Playbook I would want to spend my money on
    06-01-12 03:59 PM
    - Much better back camera, much more powerful CPU/GPU, and, of course, the beautiful display with the resolution 5 times the PB's.
    Back camera is 5mp on both, and the CPU/GPU are essentially the exact same. At the very least, it is a huge exaggeration to call either of them much more powerful, as they're so close you really can't say either way, let alone saying it's much more powerful on one device.
    06-01-12 04:05 PM
    Back camera is 5mp on both, and the CPU/GPU are essentially the exact same. At the very least, it is a huge exaggeration to call either of them much more powerful, as they're so close you really can't say either way, let alone saying it's much more powerful on one device.
    You serious?

Are you sure that it's only the megapixels that matter? What about the sensor type, aperture, lens system in general, processing unit, autofocus, image stabilization?

As for the A5x, I'd suggest you read a bit more. It currently beats any other SoC, including quad cores by a significant margin, especially in GPU intensive tasks.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-01-12 at 04:21 PM.
    06-01-12 04:07 PM
    You serious?

Are you sure that it's only the megapixels that matter? What about the sensor type, aperture, lens system in general, processing unit, autofocus, image stabilization?

As for the A5x, I'd suggest you read a bit more. It currently beats any other SoC, including quad cores by a significant margin, especially in GPU intensive tasks.
    Since when do Apple users like to compare specs? Nevermind that camera specs basically don't even officially exist other than MP..
    06-01-12 04:32 PM
    Since when do Apple users like to compare specs? Nevermind that camera specs basically don't even officially exist other than MP..
    Apple - The new iPad - It

Scroll down to the middle of the page.

And no, I am not an Apple user. I am just really not into misinformation.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    06-01-12 04:36 PM
    So let me get this straight.....u guys are comparing specs of the playbook...(just over a year old) to the new ipad....two months old...why dont u put apples with apples ( pardon the pun) and compare it to the ipad 2 that was released about the same time....especially there dismal .98 mp back camera they got away with...ive seen kids toys with a better camera. . And still charge prime price for it.
    06-01-12 04:46 PM
    So let me get this straight.....u guys are comparing specs of the playbook...(just over a year old) to the new ipad....two months old...why dont u put apples with apples ( pardon the pun) and compare it to the ipad 2 that was released about the same time....especially there dismal .98 mp back camera they got away with...ive seen kids toys with a better camera. . And still charge prime price for it.
    Well, I wish we had a new Playbook to compare, but alas. we are here and now where we have new iterations of tablets for all other manufacturers, but not for BlackBerry. So we are comparing apples and apples, i.e. tablets of the latest generation

After all, the OP's question was not "What could the old Ipad 2 do in 2011 that the playbook can't do now?".
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-01-12 at 04:59 PM.
    06-01-12 04:50 PM
    Try sharing stuff on a Playbook, Try emailing a picture or better try emailing 2 pictures using playbook, try searching for a file or picture using the playbook, try accessing file on your pc from a playbook, there is so much the playbook cant do that you can do on an iPad or Android tablet.

Seriously the playbook is very limited compared to anything out there, i like my playbook a lot but there is no way it even comes close to the advancements that Android and IOS has.

At the moment i would say the playbook is a toy and a very beta one at that.

Call me negative or a Troll i dont care.......

do you have OS2.0?

I'll admit I can't comment to adding pictures because I don't set up email on my playbook except for through Bridge

but accessing files on my playbook is what I've been doing since day one, on MANY different computers, and using AirBrowser on OS1, and native file manager on OS2

my uses from a business user standpoint, I've been able to do far more with my PlayBook than colleagues with iPads, or Samsung tablets.
    06-01-12 04:59 PM
    do you have OS2.0?

I'll admit I can't comment to adding pictures because I don't set up email on my playbook except for through Bridge

but accessing files on my playbook is what I've been doing since day one, on MANY different computers, and using AirBrowser on OS1, and native file manager on OS2

my uses from a business user standpoint, I've been able to do far more with my PlayBook than colleagues with iPads, or Samsung tablets.
    You indeed can attach multiple pictures to an email on the Playbook, which is quite easy.
    06-01-12 05:01 PM
    Well, I wish we had a new Playbook to compare, but alas. we are here and now where we have new iterations of tablets for all other manufacturers, but not for BlackBerry. So we are comparing apples and apples, i.e. tablets of the latest generation

After all, the OP's question was not "What could the old Ipad 2 do in 2011 that the playbook can't do now?".
    BUT we aren't
    because price to price the PlayBook is priced closer to the iPad2's that are still in the market

though really I have no issues with PB being compared to the new iPad. the PlayBook still stands on it's feet, it just isn't the top brass any longer.
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-01-12 05:02 PM
    You indeed can attach multiple pictures to an email on the Playbook, which is quite easy.

Good to know,

Though I'll never need to do it, I can't see why I would want email on a tablet
    06-01-12 05:04 PM
    BUT we aren't
    because price to price the PlayBook is priced closer to the iPad2's that are still in the market

though really I have no issues with PB being compared to the new iPad. the PlayBook still stands on it's feet, it just isn't the top brass any longer.
    Well, I agree that, for $200, we do get a lot of bang for the buck (at least I did). But that's not what the OP was asking, is it?
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-01-12 at 05:07 PM.
    06-01-12 05:04 PM
    Well, I agree that for $200 we do get a lot of bang on the buck (at least I did). But that's not what the OP was asking, was it?
    OP wasn't asking about specs either though

he asked what does the iPad do that the PlayBook can't

Both devices have cameras and neither device CAN'T do something the other can due to specs alone so specs are irrelevant,

I did appreciate the comment it can empty your wallet out faster as a comic relief but spec debating over all is irrelevant.
    06-01-12 05:07 PM
    OP wasn't asking about specs either though

he asked what does the iPad do that the PlayBook can't

Both devices have cameras and neither device CAN'T do something the other can due to specs alone so specs are irrelevant,

I did appreciate the comment it can empty your wallet out faster as a comic relief but spec debating over all is irrelevant.
    iPad can take better pictures, duuh.

iPad can play more GPU intensive games and perform more resources intensive tasks (such as video/audio/image editing).

iPad can fit more of a webpage on its screen.

How about that? Specs still irrelevant?
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-01-12 at 05:13 PM.
    06-01-12 05:09 PM
126 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD