It's almost been a year and I still can't utilize my subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon Prime, or Skype (okay so Skype is free) on my BlackBerry PlayBook! This PlayBook is AMAZING and has so much potential but I'm just plain bored. I hate playing games, and I can't keep pulling down the screen on my Facebook app hoping that someone will entertain me with their status update!

I don't want an iPad, I don't want an Android tablet, I want to use my PlayBook! C'mon app developers...DEVELOP! RIM, fight to get these apps on your PlayBook, and Phones because there are MILLIONS of Netflix, Skype, Hulu+ and Amazon Prime subscribers that ask "is ________ available on the PlayBook or BB phones?" And when their salesperson answers "NO", you can bet the next words out of their mouths are "well can I see the newest Android or iPad/Phone?"

Am I the only one who feels this way?
    02-22-12 03:39 PM
    It's almost been a year and I still can't utilize my subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon Prime, or Skype (okay so Skype is free) on my BlackBerry PlayBook! This PlayBook is AMAZING and has so much potential but I'm just plain bored. I hate playing games, and I can't keep pulling down the screen on my Facebook app hoping that someone will entertain me with their status update!

I don't want an iPad, I don't want an Android tablet, I want to use my PlayBook! C'mon app developers...DEVELOP! RIM, fight to get these apps on your PlayBook, and Phones because there are MILLIONS of Netflix, Skype, Hulu+ and Amazon Prime subscribers that ask "is ________ available on the PlayBook or BB phones?" And when their salesperson answers "NO", you can bet the next words out of their mouths are "well can I see the newest Android or iPad/Phone?"

Am I the only one who feels this way?
    You are not the only one, but in the end it comes down to the developers of those apps choosing to make them for playbook. RIM can't force them to do it, and i'm sure RIM has been doing all they can to get them, but like i said in the end, is completely out of our and their hands.
    02-22-12 03:41 PM
    I know we all want that stuff...we want it all.

I have been disappointed in the apps offered by RIM but at this point we have what we have. The PB is almost a year old and now we know the extent that it is going to be.

I think the PB for value ($99 or $199 whatever) is second to none.

Honestly, to get a better value at under $200 you can't do better than a PB.
    02-22-12 03:43 PM
    I would say that is a fair criticism of RIM and their two former co-CEO's and current CEO's look like the 3 blind mice if they don't understand that this very problem is killing their brand. Getting the popular apps that everyone else uses all the time is key. Even if you don't use them all, you should have the choice to!

I luv the Playbook, but not having Hulu, Netflix, Skype, Kindle, and now Amazon Prime is unacceptable. Get on the ball RIM and make it happen or you will continue to lose market share with the consumer market!!!
    02-22-12 03:44 PM
    I'm sorry but I don't sympathize with anyone who expects to be entertained 24/7 by a tablet! That is the attitude of children ... not adults.

You don't need more apps ... but you might need to develop a few hobbies/interests.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    02-22-12 03:47 PM
    I'm sorry but I don't sympathize with anyone who expects to be entertained 24/7 by a tablet! That is the attitude of children ... not adults.

You don't need more apps ... but you might need to develop a few hobbies/interests.
    Lol true...but seriously I have never video chatted, watched a movie, or read a book on my PlayBook. It's sad because I know it's such a great device and more people would buy it if these apps were available. I want RIM to succeed, otherwise I wouldn't be ranting
    02-22-12 03:52 PM
    Amazon Prime does work... Quite well I might add. I use Simple Browser to watch stuff on it. I also use it for ALL Google Apps.

Contact the developers of apps you want... that's what I have done. I want Words with Friends... but, it's not up to me...
    02-22-12 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD