It's not the value of the gift but the thought. Anyone with a good job and decent pay needs to be happy and celebrate the season. But then we are all greedy homo sapiens aren't we.
    12-14-12 10:06 PM
    I'm just delighted that 4000 more people own a playbook. That should encourage more developers to create more apps.
    12-14-12 10:53 PM
    Chuckle... Who says they're getting PlayBooks instead of bonuses? Oh, That would be you.

$ 2000.00 bonuses huh? You're right, Ikea is being horribly stingy when they typically hand this out every year! Bloody Swedish Scrooges, they can afford a Mercedes for every flat-pack warehouse stocker, but only give them a lousy tablet! I hope the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet To Come descend on Ikea upper management and turn them around on Christmas Eve, so the Cratchitts won't have to bridge to their outdated Curves to pull in a little wireless Christmas Cheer.

Maybe they're getting a cash bonus as well as an electronic perk, mmmmmaybe? Nah, that wouldn't be it.

Rather than roll your eyes, maybe you should get them checked. I have never said they were just getting this device. My comments were about IKEA worldwide, and how well they look after their staff. I also said it was a nice gift. You fanboys are getting fairly defensive all of a sudden. Not enough rainbows and unicorns for you lately?
    12-14-12 11:14 PM
    Do these Ikea PlayBooks require assembly?
    You made me remember some Ikea assembly I read about a while ago:

Building home linux render cluster

Where this guy took an Ikea cabinet and built it into a homebrew super computer rendering system.
    12-15-12 01:13 AM
    Rather than roll your eyes, maybe you should get them checked. I have never said they were just getting this device. My comments were about IKEA worldwide, and how well they look after their staff. I also said it was a nice gift. You fanboys are getting fairly defensive all of a sudden. Not enough rainbows and unicorns for you lately?
    There's no need to constantly be so negative to other members
    12-15-12 02:45 AM
    I work for IKEA and it's an awesome present!

Straight away I found this site and will be sticking around for a long time!

btw IKEA UK has 9,500 staff not 4,000, so a lot lot more with playbooks today!
    12-15-12 03:08 AM
    If I still remember it right, a month ago, Ikea apologised for using East German political prisoners as forced labour to build furniture during 70's and 80's... giving PlayBook is probably another good gestures from them...
    12-15-12 05:27 AM
    My last bonus was a $8,000 cheque. Your point?
    Well, who usually gets a lump of coal at Christmas?

As for your last bonus . . . . . I give almost as much to Charities each year. My point clear now?
    12-15-12 08:19 AM
    Lucky you!
    12-15-12 08:58 AM
    I guess this is a great reminder that money doesn't bring happiness - at least when it comes to your posts on crackberry.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    12-15-12 09:27 AM
    You'd rather a $100 tablet (they wouldn't have paid retail) than a decent bonus?
    Hey, what can I say, have two PB and don't consider them 100 dollar tablets
    12-15-12 03:48 PM
    You'd rather a $100 tablet (they wouldn't have paid retail) than a decent bonus?
    Who said they're not getting some kind of bonus on top of the PB?
    12-15-12 04:15 PM
    Hi first time ive ever posted and being given a playbook by ikea this week lead me to this website

We all got 55% of a months wage bonus in november , playbooks for a present and a three course christmas meal and party x
    Merry Christmas to you.
    12-15-12 04:23 PM
    In Canada all the IKEA Staff are getting pet monkeys!.
    Haha. Good one!

As for bonuses, in Canada, it's based on whether the particular store has surpassed sales goals. The Christmas gifts are always some form of artwork from a Canadian artist.
    12-15-12 08:31 PM
    Rather than roll your eyes, maybe you should get them checked. I have never said they were just getting this device. My comments were about IKEA worldwide, and how well they look after their staff. I also said it was a nice gift.
    Checking back through the thread...

1) Yes, you did, you said it was a cheap gift ($100.00 by your reckoning) over a bigger cash gift/bonus... In more than one post.
    2) You did give extreme examples of Ikea generosity as if they were everyday occurrences
    3) Others said it was a nice gift, you said it was better than nothing.

Nothing wrong with my eyes.

Merry Festive HoHo,
    12-15-12 09:40 PM
    Also which I forgot to mention:

IKEA doesn't give monetry bonuses as Christmas presents.

A bonus throughout the year is determined on how each store does. Not every store in every country gets a bonus every year. With IKEA not a pushy sales company, we don't get pushed to sell at all. IKEA have a set budget every year for every co worker to get a Christmas gift which wouldn't ever be a bonus.

Sorted.
    12-16-12 07:26 AM
    A great bonus if you ask me. I think it is great that companies still give away bonus gifts aswell as a cash bonus. Cash is not personal, a gift is. Im lucky enough to work for a company that rewards in both money for performance, and in kind by way of gifts.

Good on you IKEA, however please start making instruction manuals that work
    12-18-12 09:23 AM
42 12