The professional associations, sports, social and investment organizations that I belong to all send me alerts about their new tablet apps that look very interesting. The problem is that they are all iPad applications. I have sent emails to some of them telling them that they are missing out by excluding Playbook users. I don't know what else to do.
    06-27-12 04:53 PM
    I agree. The organizations and businesses I deal with are also introducing apps for IPhone and Android, but Blackberry - either phone or Playbook - gets no love. We just have to keep asking and reminding them that there are other platforms that want their products. I do it every chance I get.
    06-27-12 05:06 PM
    Welcome to the PlayBook it's that way. We use what we got and hope for the best. Someday it will be cool to be BlackBerry again. Long live the Rimpire
    snarlybear and ScoobsDM like this.
    06-27-12 06:14 PM
    That's all we can do right now is make sure businesses know there are a lot of playbook owning customers out here, ...not to be overlooked
    coolaide likes this.
    06-27-12 06:31 PM
    I guess the problem is, that there are actually not many Playbook owners anyway in the scheme of things. Businesses and associations make apps to suit their customers. If there's 90% in iOS and Android and RIM have say 3% market share then you can see where this is heading....
    06-27-12 06:39 PM
    That's all we can do right now is make sure businesses know there are a lot of playbook owning customers out here, ...not to be overlooked
    The problem is precisely that there are not a lot of PlayBook users out there. If there were, these apps would certainly be available. Frankly, you're tilting at windmills. The PB is what it is -- an excellent tablet with a user base that is too small to warrant widespread support among developers. You either have to accept that or move on. The odds that BB10 or RIM's professed efforts at attracting developers will change this state of affairs are between slim and none. And, yes, Slim just left town.
    06-27-12 06:41 PM
    The problem is precisely that there are not a lot of PlayBook users out there. If there were, these apps would certainly be available. Frankly, you're tilting at windmills. The PB is what it is -- an excellent tablet with a user base that is too small to warrant widespread support among developers. You either have to accept that or move on. The odds that BB10 or RIM's professed efforts at attracting developers will change this state of affairs are between slim and none. And, yes, Slim just left town.
    Most of these apps are precisely the ones that the android player was designed for. Make sure they know that is an option is what we need to be doing until the current situation changes. Because like you said, not enough users means they don't care. The only hope is showing them they can recycle what they already spent the money to develop.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-27-12 07:25 PM
    The professional associations, sports, social and investment organizations that I belong to all send me alerts about their new tablet apps that look very interesting. The problem is that they are all iPad applications. I have sent emails to some of them telling them that they are missing out by excluding Playbook users. I don't know what else to do.
    buy an ipad then and join them
    06-27-12 07:53 PM

Don Quixote

Playbook owners have to make some noise...rock the boat...

They sold more than a million. There are enough!
    06-27-12 09:03 PM
    Don Quixote

Playbook owners have to make some noise...rock the boat...

They sold more than a million. There are enough!
    I wish a million were enough but it's not. Developers take into account that even though there may be a million users not all will use their app. It comes down to numbers and where the money is
    I applaud all the developers that do make apps for the playbook and I'm sure the ones that do make $ but convincing the bigger guys to do so is harder to convince I guess.
    I hope it changes and more developers come on.
    It's a catch 22, developers want a platform with users and users want a platform. With apps. I really hope bb10 changes all of this and Alec can get more developers on board.
    06-27-12 09:14 PM
    Many apps are still produced for BB Handsets

So... my reasoning is that when the PB is aligned with the BB Handset OS (eg OS 10, or whatever they are going to call it), then lots more apps will be developed for PlayBook

Does that makes sense, or have I completely misunderstood what RIM is doing?
    06-28-12 02:18 AM
    blackberry should fully integrate the playstore and then the problem will be solved.
    what is the benefit of programming for three stores / systems?
    06-28-12 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD