Where do you get BB10 was delayed over a year? The original release was scheduled for "late 2012". No hard date was ever given. That could have meant Dec 31, 2012. The actual release was Q1 2013 (Feb 5). On my calendar that's approx 2 months.
    Actually the original target was Q1 2012 according to prior CEO'S. This statement caused many to wait instead of buying a BBOS 7 device, which in turn hurt BBOS 7 sales.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:25 AM
    So, you bought your Playbook on April 19, 2011 with the idea that someday it would be running BB10? Are you psychic?

Remember, the question you are answering here is; If you had known BB10 was NOT coming to the PlayBook, would you still have bought one?
    I purchased opening week and answered this thread too. BlackBerry/ RIM promised much at the launch. We kept being told small frequent updates were coming to fix issues and bring promised features, which then became mega updates, which then became BB10 will come and cure all and all their effort was put into BB10. So yeah even though we weren't promised BB10 at launch, we were promised a lit of things that never materialized and that we would get them in BB10. My PlayBook Z10 combo is vastly inferior to PlayBook 9900 combo, browser has really been updated since launch and is in dire need of update and simple things like editable bookmarks that we've been telling BlackBerry about since launch, and AIR sucks and that is what most of the UI and native apps are built on.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-02-13 11:34 AM
    I purchased opening week and answered this thread too. BlackBerry/ RIM promised much at the launch. We kept being told small frequent updates were coming to fix issues and bring promised features, which then became mega updates, which then became BB10 will come and cure all and all their effort was put into BB10. So yeah even though we weren't promised BB10 at launch, we were promised a lit of things that never materialized and that we would get them in BB10. My PlayBook Z10 combo is vastly inferior to PlayBook 9900 combo, browser has really been updated since launch and is in dire need of update and simple things like editable bookmarks that we've been telling BlackBerry about since launch, and AIR sucks and that is what most of the UI and native apps are built on.

Posted via CB10
    Contradiction in terms there member?. BB10 was not even on the horizon when I bought my pb so it would have been impossible to consider not buying the pb if it wasn't going to receive bb10!

I did not however expect bb to reduce the functionality of my bb handset and pb by disabling the bridge function and removing BIS from bb10 handsets. The only conclusion I can draw from that is BB sold its private customer base down the river!

Once you realise that BB's major sales volumes are to corporate functions who inevitably have bb enterprise server incorporated in their business, it's is a simple deduction to enable you to understand private users (us) don't even warrant a thought in BB's plans or concerns.

You may not like it but it's the truth!
    06-02-13 11:50 AM
    Contradiction in terms there member?. BB10 was not even on the horizon when I bought my pb so it would have been impossible to consider not buying the pb if it wasn't going to receive bb10!

I did not however expect bb to reduce the functionality of my bb handset and pb by disabling the bridge function and removing BIS from bb10 handsets. The only conclusion I can draw from that is BB sold its private customer base down the river!

Once you realise that BB's major sales volumes are to corporate functions who inevitably have bb enterprise server incorporated in their business, it's is a simple deduction to enable you to understand private users (us) don't even warrant a thought in BB's plans or concerns.

You may not like it but it's the truth!
    We were told features were coming in future updates. They stopped updates with 2.1 and we were told they were focused on BB10, and that we would get BB10.

I understand what you are saying though that we don't matter. They care more about carriers than they do about end user and that is why they are in the position they are in now with poor reputation and dwindling market share and mind share. But at least the carriers are helping them sell a lit of phones

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:03 PM
    I didn't know BB10 was coming to the PlayBook when I bought mine, so that's not a factor. I did start to look forward to it when the rumours started flying, though.

The Playbook is a beautiful tablet reeking of quality, but it seems destined to go down in history as the unwanted stepchild in the BB family. Hardly any good quality apps, a browser that isn't compatible with two main websites I need for business, no print functionality*, and, the final straw, Blackberry Bridge gutted to just a hollow shell on my Z10.

These factors, not the lack of a forthcoming BB10 OS, are what has led to my Playbook collecting dust as a beautiful desktop clock/calculator reeking of quality.....with subtle notes of failure. And for $150, a reasonably priced one at that!

*There is a printing app for Ricoh printers. I don't own one, ergo no print functionality.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-02-13 10:53 PM
    Actually the original target was Q1 2012 according to prior CEO'S. This statement caused many to wait instead of buying a BBOS 7 device, which in turn hurt BBOS 7 sales.

Posted via CB10
    Most everyone forgets the 1st time the BB10 phones were delayed, it was supposedly due to the LTE chip / processors not being ready. That was one of RIM's most "interesting" excuses.

Of course at that time we were just hoping to get native email on the PlayBook....
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-03-13 11:08 AM
    We've had 2 playbooks for almost 2 years, we have 2 BB's as well. The Playbook is the ideal tablet for me. I love the bridge, while wifi hotspot is a solutiong on all phones now, with the bridge, i can leave it on all the time, I do not have to constantly turn on and off wifi hotspot. The ability to launch emails and websites is fantatstic.

As a tablet on its own, its still shines. 7 inches is the perfect size for me, it is my reading device - books, newspapers, magazines, websites, emails.

Yes, i would've bought playbooks without BB10. What has happened though, is that right now, no one is doing anything keep the apps up do date.

What bb10 really brings to the Playbook for me is the ability to load all of the Blackberry apps available on BB10: Maps, yahoo, gmail, live, travel etc. Also apps like Skype and flikr become available (although for me these are a big yawn).
    06-04-13 06:45 AM
    I bought my pb lte model I'm dec 2012 not knowing anything about bb10, I bought a z10 in Feb 2013 without knowing anything about bb10.

I love both devices so bb10 us not a issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:43 AM
    Definitely yes.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:50 AM
184 ... 678