Back in November when I bought mine for a cheap price, I thought it was a steal. It seemed to have a reasonable enough platform, and could bridge with my work Blackberry phone (could access the internet while commuting, SMS and BBM through tablet). Also was reading all the comments on BBRY saying they would bring BB10 to the tablet. Cool!

Well, here I am months later. Multimedia is good on it, no doubt, but I don't use the HDMI out like I thought I would (ended up getting a free Google TV device late last year, so that's my media experience to the TV). The browser is pretty meh: yes there is flash and java, but a massive performance hit when those are activated. I now have a Z10 through work so the bridge function is gone. The number of apps which are updated are slowing to a crawl. Facebook app has had issues for months (yes, I know I can access my account through the web browser).

I'm still using it regularly as an e-reader, watch the odd video/movie while commuting, and read some emails. My Z10 is definitely the workhorse these days, but wish I had the larger screen of the Playbook. For work, there are apps available which would make my life outside the office a little more managable; unfortunately mainly on iPad, but some on Andriod (main ones iPad only at this point). For the price involved, I'm not about to get an iPad mini, but it does call a little to me here and there. I'm a "thrifty" individual, so I'll stick with my PB for now, and hope that the BB10 does in fact come to this platform in some form.
    05-27-13 07:32 AM
    Sure. I would love an upgrade, but I bought the PlayBook knowing what it was. Every upgrade is a joy for me, no sense complaining about what one doesn't have. Be happy!
    Dallin Crump and KittyBomb like this.
    05-27-13 07:34 AM
    Sure. I would love an upgrade, but I bought the PlayBook knowing what it was. Every upgrade is a joy for me, no sense complaining about what one doesn't have. Be happy!
    Very well put!
    05-27-13 07:47 AM
    Although I purchased my initial playbook long before any mention of bb10, I am still upset in that I wouldn't have purchased additional Playbooks for family members as well as a z10. That is I would have invested in a different ecosystem for both my tablet and phone, an ecosystem that is fully supported. The lack of any information on the playbook also makes it very difficult to reccomend any blackberry product.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:26 AM
    My browser is horribly slow, constant blue checkered screen. Other than that, I love the PB, although I don't use it much anymore since I got my Z10. I'm not sure if I would have bought it if BB10 wasn't in the horizon.
    05-27-13 09:57 AM
    My first PB was corporate, when I left I bought my own because, though it isn't perfect, it did what I* wanted in a convenient form factor. And that was after playing with a Nexus 7...and realising that it didn't have HDMI, which meant it couldn't do what for me is one of the most important tablet functions, play video on a big screen when needed.
    I only wish the Q10 had the magnetic power connector of the PB.
    Dallin Crump likes this.
    05-27-13 11:22 AM
    Yep, I may not upgrade to 10 anyway and I still like what my PB can still do linked to my 9930.
    05-27-13 03:19 PM
    No I would not have gotten a PlayBook, nor a Z10. A broken promise does not create loyal customers. When it comes time to upgrade my phone I will seriously be considering another platform. Sorry BlackBerry. Only you can prevent forest fires. But you've started one.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:55 PM
    No, the forest fire was already burning since BB10 was delayed for over a year. What BBRY have done with the PlayBook is to completely ignore that fire and pretend it's too small to affect their property...
    Synerworks likes this.
    05-27-13 08:44 PM
    05-28-13 02:12 AM
    No.
    It's a good product but don't have everything I need and what should have OS10
    05-28-13 03:50 AM
    I would have still bought one but not three. One of them is still unopened, waiting for the promised BB10.
    05-28-13 12:08 PM
    I bought my PB when it first came out, paid full price. I used it and loved it ever since BUT had I known that it wouldn't get an upgrade and the return of the bridge function I probably would not have bought the Z10. I liked the way my 9650 worked with the PB.
    05-28-13 06:22 PM
    How could you go wrong buying a 64Gb unit when Office Depot had them for $129 and then ended up giving me a $75 gift card on top. The only thing that will disappoint me is if we don't get DLNA. I would love to use the PB as my media server instead of using an HDMI cable.

My 9550, PB, and Bridge are all I need when traveling.
    05-28-13 06:28 PM
    How could you go wrong buying a 64Gb unit when Office Depot had them for $129 and then ended up giving me a $75 gift card on top. The only thing that will disappoint me is if we don't get DLNA. I would love to use the PB as my media server instead of using an HDMI cable.

My 9550, PB, and Bridge are all I need when traveling.
    My biggest gripe is the crippled Bridge. They didn't make it clear that Bridge wouldn't be fully functional on BB10. That was a shock to me.

I still say BB10 will arrive on the PB this year. Some form of it anyway.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-29-13 11:54 AM
    Let me answer carefully. I bought my first one not knowing if BB10 would come to the Playbook. I bought 2 MORE when it was announced that BB10 was coming to the Playbook. So I would be highly upset if it does not come. I have a Playbook family to support mind you.
    05-29-13 04:49 PM
    Would I buy for 100 bucks? I did almost sure there would be no update.
    For 100 I got a 16 g tablet that I stream movies off of. It's about all its good for now with a bad browser and worse apps.

But for 100 bucks...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 04:57 PM
    It's about all its good for now with a bad browser and worse apps.
    What's bad about the browser?

Are all the apps bad?
    05-29-13 04:58 PM

Are all the apps bad?
    its prone to crashing and lots of checkerboarding and its overall really slow compard to the competition
    05-29-13 06:00 PM

Are all the apps bad?
    Browser is slow . Crashes alot

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 06:17 PM
    Is this something that happens over time? Because I've been using my PlayBook for 2 weeks and the browser doesn't seem overly slow and hasn't crashed for me.
    05-29-13 07:44 PM
    Didn't care about BB10 when I got it early this year. Heavens, didn't even know about the bridge functionality. So I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. I originally thought all it had was multi tasking between video and browser and the scrapbook app.
    05-29-13 11:01 PM
    I would not have bought the Playbook last year if I had known then that BB10 was not coming, but I did and I find it reliable, great for BBC iPlayer, checking my Gmail account and browsing. The screen is better than my old android 9.7" tablet and though the lack of apps is a minor irritant (Would love a WiFi analyser like the one on Android) the Playbook exceeded my expectations so I am glad I bought it. BB10 would be great for the new apps and a faster start up would be nice but at the end of the day it is still a bargain.
    05-30-13 06:27 AM
    no I woundn't have, I foolishly listened to the inane witterings of the die hard fanboi's on here and paid �200+ for what is essentially a good idea, reasonable hardware but dramatically let down by the rudderless ship of fools that is blackberry/rim.
    05-30-13 06:35 AM
    No BB10 + Broken Bridge functionality = NO

To be honest I'm more upset with how Bridge has been "slimmed down" between the PlayBook and my Z10 than not getting BB10 on the PlayBook.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-13 07:03 AM
184 ... 45678