I would be very upset with BBRY if they can't keep up their promise. I wish Thor brings BB10 to PB, an awesome tablet! I bought PB on the very first day and Z10 on the very first day as well. I trusted BBRY's promise in bringing BB10 to PB. If they can't deliver they should not have promised at the first place. Please stop trying to be a fanboy and just look into what BBRY has dont to the PB. I love BB10 and Thor is doing a great job with Z10, Q10 and Q5, show some love for PB, it deserves it.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-13 08:00 PM
    I would be very upset with BBRY if they can't keep up their promise. I wish Thor brings BB10 to PB, an awesome tablet! I bought PB on the very first day and Z10 on the very first day as well. I trusted BBRY's promise in bringing BB10 to PB. If they can't deliver they should not have promised at the first place. Please stop trying to be a fanboy and just look into what BBRY has dont to the PB. I love BB10 and Thor is doing a great job with Z10, Q10 and Q5, show some love for PB, it deserves it.

+1 in complete agreement.
    05-25-13 08:04 PM
    You obviously are not a PB owner. The playbook is the complete opposite of your description. People bought it because BBRY promised to make it better.

As I said on other post, show me a satisfied PB owner and ill show you a person with very low expectations.
    I'm a satisfied owner. Everything MickRick has said, was the same reason why i'm satisfied with my PB. I'm not a long time blackberry user like the rest of people here, so i didn't quite know BBRY made a "promise" about making it better. I was quite happy with what it came with. I'm not a big app person, not everyone are, so what the PB already had, im completely satisfied with it
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-25-13 08:06 PM
    Yes, would of bought the z10 no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 08:08 PM
    Its mostly the people who bought PB for the dirt price has no compliants. But how about the people like me who bought it on the first day for full price? We suffered without basic email, contacts and calender for an year! then there was an update to 2.1 which never saw an update after that. For all you guys saying PB does the job. Yes, but does it do the job well? Honestly, wouldn't it be great if PB can run BB10 apps. If BBRY is taking this route to cancel support to awesome devices, what is the guarantee that Z10 will also not share the same fate of PB the next year? Don't get me wrong I love the PB. I am ranting here cause I want BlackBerry to succeed.
    05-25-13 08:10 PM
    Doesn't make the slightest bit of difference as i only use it to check email and watch videos its pretty much useless for everything else despite side-loading a few apps........the apps suck and the browser sucks like no other .......however for the price �129 and the storage 64GB it's a winner.
    05-25-13 08:12 PM
    I have never understood what the big deal was about any tablet. Saw PB for $180 on Tiger Direct and took a chance. The bridge and tether functions make this thing into something wonderful. All the other stuff is just a bonus or a distraction, depending upon perspective. If Any "upgrade" takes the bridge away, the BBness is lost and the PB becomes only a toy for bored children. I will not trade usefulness for pretty apps or "faster" anything. If I want real speed I have a desktop that has an i7 with 12gig ram and a smoking internet connection. The bridge, tethering, and a little bluetooth keyboard allows me to email from anywhere I can call from. No, i don't care to give that up.
    FF22 and bunky1971 like this.
    05-25-13 08:27 PM
    I'm taking donations if your willing
    Actually I donated one to my nephew recently. I need my two PB for now. Who knows? Maybe like that crazy sad_old_man, I might stock pile again when opportunity knocks
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-25-13 08:31 PM
    BB10 wasn't even a thing when I got my PB.

I'd feel worse if I bought a gen 1 iPad and found out it was getting dropped from update support as quickly as it did.
    05-25-13 08:46 PM
    BB10 wasn't even a thing when I got my PB.

I'd feel worse if I bought a gen 1 iPad and found out it was getting dropped from update support as quickly as it did.
    BUt first Gen iPad was well supported for a long time before they stopped supporting.
    05-25-13 08:54 PM
    YES. 10char
    05-25-13 08:58 PM
    I love my 9900 and bought my PB when it first came out. I am more disappointed in some of the feature lapses than in 10 coming. PB 2.1 doesn't meet what I hoped would have been improved with more legacy updates. And I am so not ready for the current 10.1 or what I read about 10.2. Maybe a few more upgrades before I buy into it, stay put or ditch BB altogether.
    05-25-13 09:32 PM
    I believe the plan was to upgrade to BB10 to keep the app control in one place. But I'm wondering if they now realized that the tablet is underpowered to work fluidly with BB10. If that's the case, I don't blame them for bailing. But BBRY would need one heck of an apology.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-25-13 09:34 PM
    Yes. Bought it well before I heard any mention of it getting another OS.

Posted via CB10.1.0.2342
    05-25-13 09:37 PM
    My first tablet was an HP Touchpad. I got mine during the fire sale hoping that HP will continue to support webOS. That did not happen, and HP entered to my black list of brands.
    My second tablet was the BB Playbook 16GB, I did not know about BB10 back then, but for the price ($200), the build quality was far superior than competition and the OS was... Ok.
    My third and current tablet is the BB Playbook 32GB, and I got it last christmas hoping (and believing) to make the upgrade to BB10. Obviously, that has not happened yet. And I really, REALLY want hear from Blackberry at least one word, any indicator that they will keep the promise of the upgrade. They can discontinue the PB right after releasing the upgrade, but I need to see BB10 runing in my PB, or another brand will be added in my black list.
    05-25-13 09:58 PM
    There are 4 PBs in my immediate family and another 3 in my extended family. While I would love to see a smooth running BB10 with all of the goodies (hub, native BBM, screen share, keyboard, timeshift camera, and more apps), i would be happy with the keyboard,native BBM, screen share (?), and the additional apps (along with USB OTG). Honestly, the PB has become such a huge part of my life that I' be lost without it.....BB10 or not.
    05-25-13 10:46 PM
    When I bought my PB, the hype was OS2.0 lol.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-25-13 10:57 PM
    Yes.

I would have bought the first two ( sent one overseas so my wife could video chat with her brother )...
    ..Blackberry 10 was not a factor in my determination to get two.

I paid something like $125.00 for a new 64GB Playbook and that was what I feel a fair price for it.

I would still like to see BB10 on the Playbook......
    ...But seriously doubt it will be pushed.
    ...The whole thing looks to be a Rick Roll on Blackberry's part - it was desperate to whip up any excitement.
    05-25-13 11:07 PM
    You obviously are not a PB owner. The playbook is the complete opposite of your description. People bought it because BBRY promised to make it better.

As I said on other post, show me a satisfied PB owner and ill show you a person with very low expectations.
    I am a proud owner of 2 PlayBooks and completely agree with his assessment. I also have a couple of iPads and Android tablets running ICS and JB. I still prefer the PB.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-26-13 12:25 AM
    when I bought mine, I had no idea 10 was even a possibility. I would buy it again.
    05-26-13 12:25 AM
    Who says BB10 isn't coming to the PlayBook?

Aside from that, I bought my first one about a week after launch, and there was no discussion of BB10 at that point. I've bought more for friends and family, and eventually sold my original 32GB PlayBook when the 64GB ones were available cheap.

I would LIKE to see the software updated, absolutely, though if the update were limited to the keyboard and the browser, I'd be happy.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-26-13 02:30 AM
    I am a proud owner of 2 PlayBooks and completely agree with his assessment. I also have a couple of iPads and Android tablets running ICS and JB. I still prefer the PB.
    This has nothing to do with pride. Pride has to do with your ego. This is about whether the playbook is a satisfactory product. The fact is, its not and even Thor doesn't want to talk about it.
    05-26-13 02:30 AM
    I would still have, particularly because of the blackberry bridge. I also have an android tablet, but only my blackberry playbook can tether to my blackberry while I am driving.
    05-26-13 02:33 AM
    I'm not insulted. I've been called worse by better I'm sure. I never said [you] were wrong, just low expectations and it wasn't meant as an insult. BBRY promoted the PB as a business tablet, and a business tablet it is not. So If you are satisfied with not having a business tablet, no sustainable application eco-system, and generally a failed product by every measure in the industry that's fine.

worse by better. meh sounds like a stretch but whatever.. actual your first post was very insulting.. the way it was described was very accurate.. it does all those things well..i think your problem is, you like many other tablet uses think it will replace a computer/laptop.. which no tablet does.. so you might have been aiming a bit high...so if you look at it as what it is as a useful tool... you might get it. otherwise...jog on
    KittyBomb likes this.
    05-26-13 02:38 AM
    This has nothing to do with pride. Pride has to do with your ego. This is about whether the playbook is a satisfactory product. The fact is, its not and even Thor doesn't want to talk about it.
    there you go again stating your opinion as fact... all you have to say is i was not satisfied.. end of story..
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    05-26-13 02:40 AM
184 12345 ...