There are so many people complaining about the lack of BB10 and saying they're giving up on the PB, it makes me wonder why they bought one in the first place. I mean, it still does email very well, web browsing extremely well, is a fine e-book reader, video is tremendous and it has superb audio. In fact it has all sorts of applications and functions and has a great spec. I only got mine at Christmas and I was not anticipating BB10 coming and I still use it every day.
    05-25-13 01:35 PM
    yes because it was an awesome tablet, and worked great with my 9800, then 9900.
    05-25-13 01:44 PM
    Yup

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:49 PM
    BB10 probably was not a future upgrade when most people got their PB. I don't see the problem. For a �129 tablet, it does good for me. i wonder how many will complain about the functionality of BB10 if it does get to the PB. You just cannot please some people.
    Malcolm

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    05-25-13 01:52 PM
    The device itself is okay and I'm glad I bought it. I bought mine before BB10 was announced to be coming for it.

If I had known that bridge would be killed like it has been, then I would not have purchased it.

If I were looking for a tablet today I would not buy one.

Now that I have the Z10, I barely use my PlayBook for web browsing. It just seems so slow and outdated. That's the number one thing I was looking for from the BB10 update.

Now this is Mobile Computing at it's finest! Z10
    FF22, tryfe, sisko2003 and 2 others like this.
    05-25-13 01:55 PM
    When I bought my playbook I didn't even realize BlackBerry 10 was coming out haha

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench and OriginalLucy like this.
    05-25-13 01:57 PM
    Maybe not.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:58 PM
    I bought it because the promise was there. Alongside the fact of the greatly reduced price, and a remarkable warranty offer.
    this is a nice piece of kit, but it is somewhat lacking. and, before anyone mentions 'true multi tasking', the simple fact is that video recording stops when I start an android app. every time. useless for true multi tasking. I was using it to make a point while recording a fascist movement, they saw what I displayed but I lost all their violent actions. fact is, it doesn't do as is claimed. maybe bb10 will be worth it; somehow, I doubt it.
    05-25-13 02:19 PM
    Who said it isn't coming???? There is no official word...

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:23 PM
    One ? Yes, maybe even the second for voice chat with better half. But numbers 3 and 4 were bought after BlackBerry announced they would get BBOS 10

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:38 PM
    Yes I really don't care if it gets bb10 as I will keep my torch 9800 for the bridge, really don't care if I get a Z10 as long as my 9800 still works
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-25-13 02:58 PM
    I bought mine before I even knew of BB10 being announced for it as well.

I agree pretty much with everything the OP had said, minus the browser aspect. I find it to be very slow, and frustrating to use at times. All other aspects are great about it.
    Mickrick and antiRIM like this.
    05-25-13 02:59 PM
    I still love my PlayBook... So... Yes.. I would...
    05-25-13 03:10 PM
    There are so many people complaining about the lack of BB10 and saying they're giving up on the PB, it makes me wonder why they bought one in the first place. I mean, it still does email very well, web browsing extremely well, is a fine e-book reader, video is tremendous and it has superb audio. In fact it has all sorts of applications and functions and has a great spec. I only got mine at Christmas and I was not anticipating BB10 coming and I still use it every day.
    Definitely would have. I just thought of BB10 as an extra bonus.
    05-25-13 03:13 PM
    Yeah I would.

Z10 & PlayBook
    05-25-13 03:14 PM
    I agree pretty much with everything the OP had said, minus the browser aspect. I find it to be very slow, and frustrating to use at times. All other aspects are great about it.
    Really? I haven't had any issues with the browser. Sure, it only connects to my wireless N router at 65mbps so loading ads and pics can slow it down a little but not to the extent that I would even call it slow, never mind frustrating.
    05-25-13 03:14 PM
    this is a nice piece of kit, but it is somewhat lacking. and, before anyone mentions 'true multi tasking', the simple fact is that video recording stops when I start an android app. every time.
    Did you change the settings so things would run in the background? They get paused by default.
    Toodeurep and crackofdoom like this.
    05-25-13 03:17 PM
    Nope.
    I bought my PlayBook at around the time PlayBook owners were first given that impression that PlayBook would get BlackBerry 10.
    Annoyed and disappointed, my PlayBook has become paperweight since I picked up a Z10 especially because BlackBerry has not further developed Bridge for BlackBerry 10 and the PlayBook OS.
    In the end I feel a bit bitter, could have saved a good amount of money, maybe use that money for my car and textbooks, or even buy an iPad of some generation.
    05-25-13 03:26 PM
    Really? I haven't had any issues with the browser. Sure, it only connects to my wireless N router at 65mbps so loading ads and pics can slow it down a little but not to the extent that I would even call it slow, never mind frustrating.
    Yea, sadly it was always very laggy response time both on a UI and render side despite disabling flash n such.
    It was/is the last thing I ever use on it. Besides that, can't have better things to say about it. Very fast in menus, multi tasking, screen quality, etc...
    05-25-13 03:28 PM
    hmmm,,, i gotta say that's a 50/50 deal,,, i might've gotten it 'cuz of the fire sale best buy price @ $150/U.S. & bridge, but the promise/implication/indication/statement that the playbook would get BB10 was the deciding factor...
    remmo likes this.
    05-25-13 03:47 PM
    Yes. BB10 or not, I am extremely pleased with my PlayBook. I dare you to find a halfway decent tablet out there with 64 GB of internal storage for $190.
    05-25-13 03:48 PM
    The way they killed the PlayBook with not having it bridge (like it should) it has just become a generic tablet for me. When I had my Torch and my wife the 9800, it was amazing. I loved it but now it's just a small screened tablet. I'm not happy with the Z10 but I'm giving it some time. But the way they made the PlayBook almost completely useless with the new Z10 is ridiculous.
    Since my tablet is about 2 years old once it's time to upgrade I definitely won't be buying another PlayBook. Under the current situation.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-13 03:59 PM
    Yes. (I bought two - 4 months apart).
    My wife and I are happy with the functionality provided by OS 2.1 and it bridges very nicely to my new BB9900.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-25-13 04:10 PM
    I bought mine just after Christmas, and I must admit that BB10 was a consideration, but so was the price, the HDMI connection, the screen, the audio, the Web browser and the cameras. Since I bought it, I have found out how good it is for reading ebooks, playing audio books and watching on demand video. I definitely don't have any regrets, and would have still bought it if there was no probably that BB10 was coming.
    05-25-13 04:24 PM
    Very happy with my Playbook as it is. Even if BB10 was made available for it, I don't think I would bother to upgrade as it's bound to be full of bugs anyway and probably wouldn't work with my 9900 anymore.
    05-25-13 04:25 PM
184 123 ...