If I couldn't have a playbook I would wait again for it to come out.

We looked at almost every tablet and found them all fun but lacking in some way. Web surfing and the bridge feature eliminated all the others.

Also why have a 3g/4g tablet plus the added data plan? Bridging is the smartest thing out there.

When HTML 5 takes over the world flash will become a none issue. The true multitasking capabilities is the third reason to wait for the PlayBook to come out.

Finally size that enables thumb typing ruled out most of the field...would still wait for the PlayBook to come out.

Bottom line still use my bb phone and wait for the PlayBook to arrive.
    05-05-12 11:42 PM
    I would wait for Windows 8 tablets to surface later this year. We have Ipad 2 the kids just had to have and it collects dust, so no new Ipad for sure. We had an Acer Iconia a500 that was just to large- so it would have to be in the PlayBook size for sure. I have an Android phone and I don't like it as much as PB. I don't need thousands of apps just a couple that work well. I like dependability too and lately PB's been letting me down often. I still hope for a full recovery back to its previous state.
    05-06-12 06:34 AM
    So... if you were given a free tablet (a decent competitor), you wouldn't take it?

I know that stretches the boundaries of the initial question, but it is an interesting thought that raises questions of possibly unsettling ideology.
    While I'm not one to turn down a freebee I can tell you that any other tablet - as they stand now - would end up being something my kids played with, whereas I keep my pb mainly to myself. (sometimes i let them play with NodeBeat )

The playbook just works so well for me at work and home, bridging with my bb, that i can't imagine working with anything else. I have tried an ipad and didn't like it and my husband has a samsung note and while i like it better than his old iphone i still prefer my bb and pb. I don't think it's an ideology - for me it comes down to usability in both the workplace and home. I need a device mainly for communication - email, bbm, text. The ecosystem of the bb is the best for those needs hands down and the pb compliments it perfectly.
    05-06-12 07:43 AM
    To be honest I looked at the PlayBook when first shopping for a tablet and bought an Acer Iconia A500. Thought I wanted a bigger screen.

Jump ahead a few months and I see a great sale so I buy my first PlayBook 64GB. At that time was well over $450.

I was hooked. Jump forward a few months and buy another for my daughter's birthday. Then comes Christmas and now we have 7 in the family.

The poor Android seldom gets used.

I have a macbook and a netbook but they don't get a lot of use either.

If I couldn't have the PlayBook I might try a windows tablet begrudgingly. LOL
    Well if you'd like to send the Macbook and netbook my way I'd make make plenty of use with them
    05-06-12 07:43 AM
    So... if you were given a free tablet (a decent competitor), you wouldn't take it?

I know that stretches the boundaries of the initial question, but it is an interesting thought that raises questions of possibly unsettling ideology.
    I wouldn't accept a free Android tablet either. Or Android anything for that matter.

If I couldn't have a playbook I would wait again for it to come out.

We looked at almost every tablet and found them all fun but lacking in some way. Web surfing and the bridge feature eliminated all the others.

Also why have a 3g/4g tablet plus the added data plan? Bridging is the smartest thing out there.

When HTML 5 takes over the world flash will become a none issue. The true multitasking capabilities is the third reason to wait for the PlayBook to come out.

Finally size that enables thumb typing ruled out most of the field...would still wait for the PlayBook to come out.

Bottom line still use my bb phone and wait for the PlayBook to arrive.
    You do realize that bridging the PB to you phone without paying the ridiculous tethering fee is against ATT's terms of service ? The TOS that you agreed to when you signed up.
    05-06-12 10:23 AM
    None. The only reason I have a tablet is because blackberry has one...
    05-06-12 10:27 AM
    I would choose none. The Playbook is awesome and switching to another tablet would feel like a complete waste of money. I have my BB phone and a laptop so I can honestly say I wouldn't get another if there was no BB Playbook option.
    05-06-12 01:35 PM
    If I HAD to choose...Android..I'm tired of the overated Apple products as a whole..I will never buy a macbook or iphone. So it's either blackberry or android for me.
    05-07-12 05:40 AM
    And? I see nothing unusual with that. Many PB owners only bought the PB for specific features and if it weren't for those, they weren't even going to purchase a tablet. Correspondingly, no PB, no tablet.
    I'm one of those. If there were no PB, I'd likely not have a tab and stick with the laptop when bigger than a phone and more mobile than a desktop are required. I might consider an iPad if my mobile needs were not satisfied, but right now a tab isn't a must-have device. But I would absolutely not touch an Android anything.
    05-07-12 08:23 AM
    but right now a tab isn't a must-have device. But I would absolutely not touch an Android anything.
    I agree... a tab is not a a need for me just yet.

If I did have one, I would like to go to a non-Android platform, but functionality and the need to be practical would probably make me get an Android tab anyway.
    05-07-12 08:30 AM
    Nope, most probably I wont buy a tablet...have tried iPAD2 for a while and it really does not suit my needs...
    05-07-12 08:52 AM
    probably iPad, never a wp tablet though...
    05-07-12 09:31 AM
    i would have probably skipped having a tablet all together if BlackBerry didn't make the PlayBook. I mainly go the PlayBook because it is a BlackBerry and because it plays flash media, otherwise i would just save up and buy a new computer.

After using my 64GB PlayBook for over a week and see others with the larger tablets, i don't think i would want one bigger then the PlayBook also, kind of the perfect size in my opinion.
    05-07-12 12:53 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD