I have a question for everyone. With BB10 around the corner (More like 12 blocks up and around the corner... lol), what app do you want to see developed that you currently do not have on your BB Playbook?

Side note: Try to stay away from the answer, "My Blackberry Playbook has everything I could ever want." With all products (That's you too Apple), there can always be improvements.

If we assume 1. Skype and 2. Netflix, what's your 3rd?
    08-06-12 09:34 AM
    Don't care about the ones you mentioned other than for those that want them and I think it kind of needs them.

A messenger that works with all others that does not time out when it isn't the focus and gives notifications.
    08-06-12 09:38 AM
    How about a rock solid native email.
    rcm1301, BryantCarpio and soren203 like this.
    08-06-12 09:40 AM
    Don't care about the ones you mentioned other than for those that want them and I think it kind of needs them.

A messenger that works with all others that does not time out when it isn't the focus and gives notifications.
    Most care about the apps, that's why they're listed. A universal messenger would be a nice addition.
    08-06-12 09:45 AM
    How about a rock solid native email.
    Ha! Touche my friend. One word: Bridge. I don't use the native email as I find it very laggy and delayed in receiving messages.

Here's to hoping a better email in 2013.
    08-06-12 09:46 AM
    Sling Media. I want to stream my tv with out paying or having limitations. I too don't care about Netflix or Skype. My cell plan covers all of the phone needs and Sling and other free websites cover my media needs.
    jweihrauch likes this.
    08-06-12 09:54 AM
    A native Kindle app that's as smooth as the built in apps like the calculator. I've sideloaded v3.0 and v3.2 and both keep de-registering themselves.

The only other app I miss from my Nexus 7 was Hyperfine's iTunes remote app which is better than the official Apple one on my iPod touch. I converted the APK but it force closed whenever it tried to connect.
    08-06-12 09:55 AM
    Actually I can live without skype and netflix but I would like them. My #1 app I want on this device?

A full featured true bbm with groups and everything!!!! I mean, c'mon rim, bbm is one of your bragging points, its actually the one thing some claim keeps them with blackberry... Over a year past launch and we have this clumay, glitchy, bare bones bbm joke????

No, I mean, really???
    jweihrauch, rcm1301 and pmccartney like this.
    08-06-12 10:10 AM
    Actually two apps / programs.

1. A web based app that would open in a desktop browser, that would sync efficiently and cleanly with our BB's email, calendars, notes, and tasks. Basically something like Google's email browser, icloud for apple, etc.

I realize there are ways of accomplishing this, it is not seamless or always easy.

2. Something for loading cd's, dvd's, music as easy as Apple's system.

3. BB Travel - Navigation and Magellan are still lacking in user UI.

PS - I use my Playbook mostly for work and use it for a multitude of functions.
    08-06-12 10:11 AM
    A good (or even adequate) podcast app. You know, one where you could do a search and actually find incredibly popular podcasts instead of having to enter their RSS feeds manually.
    jweihrauch likes this.
    08-06-12 10:12 AM
    Sling Media. I want to stream my tv with out paying or having limitations. I too don't care about Netflix or Skype. My cell plan covers all of the phone needs and Sling and other free websites cover my media needs.
    Sling media would be a good pickup.
    08-06-12 10:13 AM

1. A web based app that would open in a desktop browser, that would sync efficiently and cleanly with our BB's email, calendars, notes, and tasks. Basically something like Google's email browser, icloud for apple, etc.

I realize there are ways of accomplishing this, it is not seamless or always easy.

2. Something for loading cd's, dvd's, music as easy as Apple's system.

I'm assuming you mean downloading NEW content and not transferring already purchased content onto the playbook? Transferring data is easy with DM/iTunes, but I do agree having a better eco system for downloading content would be nice.
    08-06-12 10:14 AM
    A good (or even adequate) podcast app. You know, one where you could do a search and actually find incredibly popular podcasts instead of having to enter their RSS feeds manually.
    I do think the playbook has a decent podcast app, though enhancements are always welcomed.
    08-06-12 10:15 AM
    Amazon Kindle App.

Is that too much to ask RIM?
    08-06-12 10:28 AM
    Amazon Kindle App.

Is that too much to ask RIM?
    Not a fan of the sideloaded Kindle app either. It seems like the Kindle app is a favorite by many BB users. I doubt it's RIM holding up this Kindle app.
    08-06-12 10:30 AM
    What I would like is something like Podtrapper or a media player that has bookmarks so I can listen to audiobooks. I have sideloaded several audiobook players and they work well but my bluetooth headset remote controls do not function with them. It's not very functional when listening to books while driving and you need to pause the audio.
    08-06-12 10:31 AM
    What I would like is something like Podtrapper or a media player that has bookmarks so I can listen to audiobooks. I have sideloaded several audiobook players and they work well but my bluetooth headset remote controls do not function with them. It's not very functional when listening to books while driving and you need to pause the audio.
    Very true. I don't listen to audio books but the functionality you're desiring is something I wish would work with other apps.
    08-06-12 10:34 AM
    Email, messages and BBM like it is on my BB7 (without Bridge).
    08-06-12 10:35 AM
    I'm assuming you mean downloading NEW content and not transferring already purchased content onto the playbook? Transferring data is easy with DM/iTunes, but I do agree having a better eco system for downloading content would be nice.
    Actually I mean for everything. I am not a Itunes user.

I have my music in MP3 format.

I watch my daughter and wife load there music, books on tape, etc onto their Ipads and Ipods, and am jealous.
    08-06-12 10:36 AM
    Actually I mean for everything. I am not a Itunes user.

I have my music in MP3 format.

I watch my daughter and wife load there music, books on tape, etc onto their Ipads and Ipods, and am jealous.
    Does it get easier then wifi drag and drop? I don't use itunes at all.
    08-06-12 10:41 AM
    I would like an app that connects to the OBD port of my car with a wifi or bluetooth dongle.
    08-06-12 10:42 AM
    Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas. I have to say, not as many mainstream applications as I thought would come from my PB using people. Hulu, MLB, Pandora, CNN or newsreader of sorts?

Keep em' coming!
    08-06-12 11:11 AM
    For professional use, I'm pretty happy with what it's got. I bring my PlayBook to meetings, and link it to my Torch. My Torch I have on me at all times, and has my calendar (meetings and events), my task list, my contacts (phone numbers and emails), and my email. All of that pops up on my PlayBook, and it brings me peace of mind to know that when the connection is severed, my PlayBook returns to a state that I don't need to keep secure.

That being said, there's no single app I want to see. What I do want is more incentive for big name developers to show commitment, in particular Gameloft. The way I see it, kids drive the market. They're the ones that see one cool app on their peer's device, then get their parents to buy the device for them. They need to see some things that are familiar to them, namely the biggest name games, and they need to see the newest games on the market.
    08-06-12 11:28 AM
    Nowadays it would be "Score! Classic Goals",available only for I's....

But, since i'm a not a dream and wait guy, i already sent an email to the dev company asking it for me(us) ^^

Let's wait and see...

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-06-12 11:30 AM

I second this. BB Travel.
    08-06-12 11:32 AM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD