I'm pretty much happy with how the Playbook hardware is made already. The size is good. I wouldn't want a larger device (I got rid of a 10.1" tablet for a 7" and like the size and weight much better). About the only hardware change that would interest me would be a larger screen (reducing the bezel, but keeping the same case size).

On the OS side, I would love to see USB-OTG support.
    slparry likes this.
    10-07-12 10:39 AM
    I'd just like better more optimization in the OS and browser which should be solved in BB10. Other than that how about when viewing a picture or file and having the option to send!
    esk369 likes this.
    10-07-12 11:28 AM
    I'm pretty much happy with how the Playbook hardware is made already. The size is good. I wouldn't want a larger device (I got rid of a 10.1" tablet for a 7" and like the size and weight much better). About the only hardware change that would interest me would be a larger screen (reducing the bezel, but keeping the same case size).

On the OS side, I would love to see USB-OTG support.
    I have been wanting this like forever! It is there, but all we need is the additional software to activate it.
    esk369 and slparry like this.
    10-07-12 11:31 AM
    usb support
    micro or mini sd card support
    a separate charging port other than using the rapid charging port. something like a dc jack.
    come in different colors
    a emergency reset button that disconnects the power from the battery when pressed for last resort fails.
    vibrating function would be a nice touch.
    come with pre-installed screen protector.
    A good network share app.
    camera flash
    voice control
    and many of the other features people have already said.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-07-12 04:07 PM
    1) A more sensitive bezel, mine gives me a hard time to wake up when I try to swipe it on.

2) Faster reaction time to close or open apps(takes way too long to open email accounts app).

3) Better browser(Not bad but I feel it could be better).

4) Faster start up time. Currently it takes forever to start the thing up. my BB OS 7 phone takes half the time.

5) Ability for all apps to operate in Portrait and Landscape.

6) Options to customize. Like different colours/layouts/functions for keyboard. Widgets, designs for the background and so forth, without rooting.
    10-07-12 04:23 PM
    1. I want a strip of non touch sensitive above the keyboard while its up. Im sick of typing on the top row and touching just a tad too high and it hits the screen behind the keyboard so the keyboard goes away or an ad pops up.

2. Integrated inbox with bridged SMS and BBM included. I imagine this is coming with the blackberry hub in bb10 on the playbook

3. Boot time

4. Better data management systems. Specifically bookmark management (rename, order them, etc) and folder management (I believe you have to drag one item onto another to create a folder, what if I want a folder with only one item).

5. Is there a bedside mode where the clock comes up when you set it on the cradle? Would be nice for my night stand.

6. Get rid of the "woodgrain" pattern background that is default in some folders.

7. When in the messages app, creating an email I do not believe it is possible to see which email address you are sending from. I have two gmail accounts. When choosing which account to send from I can choose "gmail" or another "gmail". I do not know which is which.

If I had to choose just one liek the title says it would be the boot time!

As you can see, all of my recomended changes are software related and fairly minor. These can be obtained!
    spatialmongrel likes this.
    10-07-12 04:33 PM
    For me it would be screen size. 8" would be ideal smaller bezel.
    This! +1

10-07-12 04:37 PM
    1. Ability to sync Outlook thru DM like our phones does (is this really so hard?)
    2. SD card slot.
    Ditto.....I don't get it as to why the ability to sync with DM WAS NOT addressed in the 2.1 release which was brought up many, many, many times. Why is this not a user feature when the phones can do so??????
    10-07-12 04:53 PM
    @BUHC: You can rename your accounts

For me:
    Color-coding in messages so I know what came from where at a glance

Better browser layout (smaller url bar with most important actions up front, overflow menu for eveything else)

More portrait support (weather, calculator, etc.)

Multiple documents open in Docs To Go

Better YouYube app (either by Google or just completely remade so that it actually is useable; site isn't optimized for tablets and can be bothersome to use at times)

Better Splashtop app (missing vital features vs. other platforms)

Maybe a higher resolution screen
    esk369 likes this.
    10-07-12 05:10 PM
    I would of liked it to have a slot where we could access the battery and change the battery out if need be while out and about.
    10-07-12 05:12 PM
    Skype, or a free IM program (none available in the UK)
    cutexoxo likes this.
    10-07-12 05:29 PM
    I would like the skype app to work. I dont use it but it would close alot of threads .
    jefflichty likes this.
    10-07-12 05:43 PM
    The OP said one thing you would change not 10. Would like PB to be DLNA complient.
    10-07-12 05:52 PM
    Dlna and more share friendly
    10-07-12 05:54 PM
    I think the problem is not the playbook, it's RIM. I would free the playbook of RIM and install Android.

With Jelly Bean the playbook could still compete with some of the major products in this 2012 market. Especially in some areas like sound and photography.

I have said this several time, but I would pay to get native Android on the playbook.
    10-07-12 05:55 PM
    Thinner KYBD fourth row (ie. row with space bar) so it can be spaced further below the other three rows. Doc Neutron
    10-07-12 06:15 PM
    I think the problem is not the playbook, it's RIM. I would free the playbook of RIM and install Android.

With Jelly Bean the playbook could still compete with some of the major products in this 2012 market. Especially in some areas like sound and photography.

I have said this several time, but I would pay to get native Android on the playbook.
    if dualboot i would definatly try this .
    the playbook hardware is awesome but the os feels like alpha some times, i hope bb10 will fix some of my problems. but its just sad to see so much potential of this device lost.

what i would love to see?

1. fixes for all the little and big problems and bugs
    2. real native filemanager
    3. open files with different apps like in the android runtime
    4. bezel swipe gestures in native apps
    5. real multitasking:
    playbook os copied webos multitasking but it screwd it up, why cant we open several files of the same type or browser pages it its own window? would also like to see stacks like in webos.
    6. USB OTG!!!! its there, it was working with root! why can rim finally activate this in the official os.

well like i said. hardware is awesome but the software currently still doesnt take advantage of this.
    10-07-12 06:21 PM
    Probably change the location of my USB port
    10-07-12 06:58 PM
    When bridged and I type "my pin" on the playbook your pin should appear on the playbook.
    10-07-12 09:08 PM
    one thing = DLNA

other things...
    more robust micro usb port (as good as the one on my Bold9900 - eg can't accidentally put a USB plug in it the wrong way round which damages the port)
    email programme that isn't so frustratingly slow
    DocsToGo that supports docx, xlsx etc
    10-07-12 09:26 PM
    More apps.
    esk369 and BerryClever like this.
    10-07-12 09:31 PM
    Something that should be sooo simple! The ability to bookmark my movies. Remembering where I left off is a real pain.
    I wanted that too, but now I have bought an app in App World - Remote Media Player - that solves that problem. It has it's own problems, like no volume control on the touch screen. There is a remote for it too, but it works on a PlayBook or BB10 device. I was able to put on the same PlayBook, a bit awkward to use. Google Play also has the remote app.
    10-08-12 12:54 AM
    I am happy with the Screen size on the playbook
    I do wish it is more thinner just too bulky compare to Ipad which has large screen but super thin.
    Faster UI would be nice
    10-08-12 03:27 AM
    - USB OTG, which covers all sorts of SD cards interfaces via 10-grams adapters (so, no SDcard slots)

- printer drivers: maybe the only thing obliging us to keep old computers

- replaceable batteries. Given the cost of the machines, no need to explain

- without going to root access, more user reach to system, allowing for instance external keyboard remappings or system-level ad-filtering

- yet improved radio performance for wifi and 3G: Playbooks are geared to be used in the wild, in places where you just don't know where the transmitters are located

- even more efforts on software. Let's recognize tablets aren't yet on par with laptops, and not just because of the lighter hardware

- easier backups to just external USB discs, thanks to USB OTG: kill the PC, once and for all!
    Last edited by Herve5; 10-08-12 at 06:55 AM.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    10-08-12 06:13 AM
    I'd like notifications from my social media apps as I just use my phone to check just now.
    jefflichty, cutexoxo and amjass12 like this.
    10-08-12 07:00 AM
97 1234