First off the reason I say if Thor was gone I am basically just saying it as a Playbook owner. After the latest shenanigans lately (related to Playbook )and out of some kinda misguided symbolic justice (trust ) only would I not buy one. Don't get me wrong I think he did an ok job keeping the ship afloat however we don't see alot of signs he can really pull this thing full steam ahead and from my experience if a change agent CEO comes in and does ok but not WOW WOW WOW he doesn't get too long a leash. So,the questions would then be:
    1. If a new Captain at the Helm would you buy a new improved BB10 capable playbook, what else does it have to have, how much would you pay?

2. Who should be the new Captain?

I'll answer my own questions once I give my thumbs a rest
    08-05-13 09:23 PM
    I'm gonna come out and say, as a z10 owner and a PB owner, I don't have a lot of use for my PB anymore. Even if it had BB10, I'd likely only ever use it for bridge. The PB was marred by lack of apps, and until developers become accustomed to entering the BB ecosystem I don't think I'd pick up another tablet. The phones I love, but I (like Thor) have trouble really understanding the tablet market. Buy a slightly larger phone if you're interested in screen space, but I already have my laptop and my Z, I don't see any use for a tablet.
    08-05-13 09:57 PM
    First off the reason I say if Thor was gone I am basically just saying it as a Playbook owner. After the latest shenanigans lately (related to Playbook )and out of some kinda misguided symbolic justice (trust ) only would I not buy one. Don't get me wrong I think he did an ok job keeping the ship afloat however we don't see alot of signs he can really pull this thing full steam ahead and from my experience if a change agent CEO comes in and does ok but not WOW WOW WOW he doesn't get too long a leash. So,the questions would then be:
    1. If a new Captain at the Helm would you buy a new improved BB10 capable playbook, what else does it have to have, how much would you pay?

I'll answer my own questions once I give my thumbs a rest
    1. Yes I would but I would wait 6 months after its release because it should,do be down to like $99 and I will never pay full price on anything from those bast#@ds.

2. Any executive from Apple because they have the skills to advertise a product.
    08-06-13 01:55 AM
    Between my Nexus 7 and iPad, I don't need another tablet. Besides, those two are proven in the world of tablets as far as ecosystem and OS. A new PlayBook even with BB10 would still be relatively unproven. They should focus on the phones, software and apps for now...the tablet can come later when they can figure out all the other stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-06-13 02:06 AM

1. No, would not consider any Blackberry product.
    2. Edward John Smith
    08-06-13 03:10 AM
    Personally I do not think the CEO comes into the equation at all. IF (and that's admittedly a big if) Blackberry were to produce another tablet in the future and IF (and that's again admittedly a big if) the real specs are about the same as the advertised specs, such a hypothetical tablet should be judged by its own merits, I'm afraid.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-06-13 03:26 AM
    Personally I do not think the CEO comes into the equation at all. IF (and that's admittedly a big if) Blackberry were to produce another tablet in the future and IF (and that's again admittedly a big if) the real specs are about the same as the advertised specs, such a hypothetical tablet should be judged by its own merits, I'm afraid.
    If and only if the tablet is complete right out of launch. Not promises of future upgrade. Any company is fine except when it comes to BB. You purchase As Is!
    08-06-13 06:56 AM
    Between my Nexus 7 and iPad, I don't need another tablet. Besides, those two are proven in the world of tablets as far as ecosystem and OS. A new PlayBook even with BB10 would still be relatively unproven. They should focus on the phones, software and apps for now...the tablet can come later when they can figure out all the other stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think you have the results down pat. Maybe that's why Thor went the way he did. The dominant players have what it takes - APPS and a keen sense of what customers want. The idea of bringing out a tablet that "will grow" is not acceptable as it is competing in today's market against devices that have what folks want without waiting for "it to come or be improved." I think that's why the MS RT tablet is also suffering. It might be well-made but is comes out with an immediate deficit.
    Stephen_TX likes this.
    08-06-13 09:03 AM
    I'm gonna come out and say, as a z10 owner and a PB owner, I don't have a lot of use for my PB anymore. Even if it had BB10, I'd likely only ever use it for bridge. The PB was marred by lack of apps, and until developers become accustomed to entering the BB ecosystem I don't think I'd pick up another tablet. The phones I love, but I (like Thor) have trouble really understanding the tablet market. Buy a slightly larger phone if you're interested in screen space, but I already have my laptop and my Z, I don't see any use for a tablet.
    Glad that works for you. Myself I still want a larger screen.

For the OP it doesn't matter who is in charge. If they can't get their mouth to match what they do. From all the issues I see right now, if they are still alive in a few years and the issues are resolved I would think about, may be all further it would go though.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-06-13 09:18 AM
    It is posted in other threads but check out the Forrester survey:

Forrester: Tablet “Hyper-Growth” Will Push Global Installed Base Past 905M By 2017, Up From 327M In 2013 | TechCrunch

So, a few million folks think, for the moment, at least, and 4 years or so, that there's a "need" for tablets.
    08-06-13 09:52 AM
    Seeming to lack any sort of coherent strategy for mobile computing I seriously doubt they'd go down the tablet road again, and further I doubt they'll be in the hardware business in a year or so. Besides tablets are dead eh? I know this because TH declared it a futureless technology.

But just for fun - Heck yeah I'd buy a BB10 PlayBook!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-06-13 09:53 AM
    Obviously the "boss" forgot about The plan! The plan!
    If Thor was gone would you buy a new up to date spec BB10 PlayBook??? And one more tricky question-imgres-2.jpeg
    08-06-13 11:26 AM
    I may be dumb for buying the playbook base on BlackBerry's old reputation as a reliable and viable company. But I am not at *****--- to fall for it again unless they make things right with the current playbook.

Posted from my ??????
    08-06-13 07:39 PM
    I may be dumb for buying the playbook base on BlackBerry's old reputation as a reliable and viable company. But I am not at idi0t to fall for it again unless they make things right with the current playbook.

Posted from my ??????

Posted from my ??????
    08-06-13 07:43 PM
    I'd only pay about 300 for a tablet new used or refurbished. Even though I could spend 500.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 08:12 PM
    The only way I would get another BlackBerry tablet is if it were free.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 09:57 PM
    1. No

2. Don't care
    luqman24 likes this.
    08-07-13 09:59 AM
    In response to F2 (not sure how to reply via the CB10 app) I'm not as blind as Thor. I do understand that many people have tablets and enjoy using them. I just personally view it as superfluous tech. For me the device functions seemed redundant. I tried hard to use my pb or the ipad my roommate had but it seemed like I had to conciously make an effort to use them when my phone works perfectly well for most tasks and any heavy work goes to my laptop.

Turned Zeke day one; Channel Pin C0001A853
    08-08-13 06:22 AM
    In response to F2 (not sure how to reply via the CB10 app) I'm not as blind as Thor. I do understand that many people have tablets and enjoy using them. I just personally view it as superfluous tech. For me the device functions seemed redundant. I tried hard to use my pb or the ipad my roommate had but it seemed like I had to conciously make an effort to use them when my phone works perfectly well for most tasks and any heavy work goes to my laptop.

Turned Zeke day one; Channel Pin C0001A853
    I understand folks have their needs and opinions. You have a LAPTOP. For those who don't, there's no redundancy. Also, I like reading my email on the larger screen. Also, while I have a netbook, holding it as a portable device is clumsy with the keyboard and screen while sitting in a lounge chair in my backyard. The balance point does not work well. Tablets are generally lighter. But, again, a matter of perspective.
    08-08-13 09:01 AM
    You can check the temperature in hell on the day I would even consider buying another tablet from Blackberry. Commitment to Tablets from Blackberry has been publicly announced as zero with Thor's frankly ridiculous and ill advised speech on tablets dissappearing in 5 years. More importantly the treatment of the playbook shows in real terms their commitment to the tablet market.

Honestly, Buying another phone even is unlikely at this stage unless 10.x on the Q10 at least brings feature parity with BBOS7 one day.

As to your 2nd point, I don't know that another CEO would necessarily change my mind - all they can do is provide more talk, just like Thor did when he walked in. No, Actions speak loudest. Show me a 10.x to make my old 9900 seem less productive, and we can revisit it. Until then, I will be watching with interest, but only watching. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me......
    FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    08-09-13 05:35 PM
    Nope I would not buy another tablet from BlackBerry even if they dumped Herr Untrustworthy! They can't execute, they over price their hardware, and they don't care at all about their customers. They should just release Bridge for iPad and Google so we can buy tablets from companies that know what they are doing that will work with our BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:07 PM
    Nope I would not buy another tablet from BlackBerry even if they dumped Herr Untrustworthy! They can't execute, they over price their hardware, and they don't care at all about their customers. They should just release Bridge for iPad and Google so we can buy tablets from companies that know what they are doing that will work with our BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    now that sir, is a fantastic idea. Let them open source the bridge protocols so maybe some bedroom boffin android developer can create a bridge to shame BB themselves. I like the way you are thinking!
    08-09-13 06:16 PM
    1. They've lost me as a loyal customer after they blew their last chance by not upgrading the Playbook to BB10. And being an early adopter and paying $600 for mine gives me the right to be pissed about that decision. Maybe if they unlock the bootloader and allow us to load Android on it since it's "too slow" for BB10 maybe, just maybe ill consider another BB product in the future.

2. Someone who knows what they're doing, can meet deadlines, knows how to not **** off their customers especially their loyal ones and knows how to market a product very well. Someone from Apple or Samsung.
    08-10-13 12:12 AM
    1. They've lost me as a loyal customer after they blew their last chance by not upgrading the Playbook to BB10. And being an early adopter and paying $600 for mine gives me the right to be pissed about that decision. Maybe if they unlock the bootloader and allow us to load Android on it since it's "too slow" for BB10 maybe, just maybe ill consider another BB product in the future.

2. Someone who knows what they're doing, can meet deadlines, knows how to not **** off their customers especially their loyal ones and knows how to market a product very well. Someone from Apple or Samsung.
    How about this:

1: Open the bootloader.
    2: Make the device so you can dual /triple/ quad boot.

3: BlackBerry provides a base version of ANDROID that will run on the BlackBerry, they have specs of what device drivers, etc the hardware may need.

(Fly by night companies in China seem to be able to do this, and sell for $65 shipped a Android tablet and make a profit - Heck you can get a brand-name for not much more)

If not they provide listings of what hardware is being used, anykind of techinal info they may have PLUS pass along to those hardware vendors that if they are contacted they are to cooperate fully to anyone requesting info or drivers, etc. (Provide drivers and technical info as needed.) Instead of those vendors using the old "Hey BB was our customer- we cannot discuss ANYTHING with YOU.)

4: BlackBerry releases all work (Images of OS's, work notes, technical documents) they supposedly did on trying to make BB10 work on the PlayBook, before they killed it.
    luqman24 likes this.
    08-11-13 06:14 PM
    RIM was on the road to hell long before Thor became chief.

He's just milking a dying cow. I wouldn't turn down that promotion. $1 million a year and $8-12 million when he leaves? I'd take that promotion, put out a few phones that didn't sell, blame the market, wrap up the company, wave goodbye and live happily ever after. No problem.
    08-13-13 03:41 AM
27 12