Here's something I want to throw out to the community
    IF there was a PB OS update which doesn't bring new functionality or any kind
    BUT
    1. Makes OS smoother, less lag
    2. Requires a wipe and starting over
    Would you install it?
    09-04-13 11:20 PM
    I think the answer is obvious so why ask?
    09-04-13 11:23 PM
    I don't have an issue with the smoothness or lag on my playbook.. for a 2+ year old device it runs great.. MUCH more interested in an update that kept everything the same but added cascades app support, the jelly bean runtime and the new keyboard... BUT that wasn't the question...

Yes I would install it despite having to wipe the device. I just like new stuff.

Curious as to what you intend to derive from this question though.. something tells me this thread will detail quickly, and I don't see it relating to a real life situation in anyway.. I don't beleive such an update is coming, and if it was.. I don't beleive it would be well received by the general public.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 11:27 PM
    I think the answer is obvious so why ask?
    I never ask a question without a purpose
    bunky1971 likes this.
    09-04-13 11:28 PM
    I don't have an issue with the smoothness or lag on my playbook.. for a 2+ year old device it runs great.. MUCH more interested in an update that kept everything the same but added cascades app support, the jelly bean runtime and the new keyboard... BUT that wasn't the question...

Yes I would install it despite having to wipe the device. I just like new stuff.

Curious as to what you intend to derive from this question though.. something tells me this thread will detail quickly, and I don't see it relating to a real life situation in anyway.. I don't beleive such an update is coming, and if it was.. I don't beleive it would be well received by the general public.

Posted via CB10
    There is a very good reason why I'm asking.
    Again, you never know what is coming!
    09-04-13 11:31 PM
    Absolutely. I haven't used my PB as much since early February when I got my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 11:33 PM
    There is a very good reason why I'm asking.
    Again, you never know what is coming!
    I get the sense you are talking about an 'update' that would have to be sideloaded.. likely something non-official.

Am I getting warm?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 11:36 PM
    I get the sense you are talking about an 'update' that would have to be sideloaded.. likely something non-official.

Am I getting warm?

Posted via CB10
    You can't really sideload an OS as far as I understand. You can sideload individual apps
    I doubt anything will be coming anytime soon OTA. OTA would mean no wipe
    09-04-13 11:37 PM
    Absolutely. I haven't used my PB as much since early February when I got my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty much in the exact same boat, except replace February with late March (Verizon)

You can't really sideload an OS as far as I understand. You can sideload individual apps
    I doubt anything will be coming anytime soon OTA. OTA would mean no wipe
    Sidestepping the real point, eh? I like your style. But please, don't play with my emotions on this one...

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see your edit when I replied.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    09-04-13 11:40 PM
    The problems with our Playbooks are keyboard lagging, browser lagging, e-mail lagging. Your update will fix it, right?
    09-04-13 11:57 PM
    The problems with our Playbooks are keyboard lagging, browser lagging, e-mail lagging. Your update will fix it, right?
    I never said I had an update. Don't get ahead of yourself
    But in theory, yes, if it did, but didn't introduce new features and also required a wipe, would you install it?
    09-05-13 12:13 AM
    if it doesnt include a browser like on BB10 then you can keep it...
    00stryder likes this.
    09-05-13 12:21 AM
    BUT
    Would you install it?
    yes. why not?
    09-05-13 03:15 AM
    So unlikely, if there are still R&D for PlayBook (which I'm skeptical), what they're doing now is probably playing chess or having tea time.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 04:02 AM
    BUT
    Would you install it?
    As I've got more than one PlayBook, I'd consider it - so long as I could go back to the stock OS if everything didn't work out, or I wasn't happy.
    FF22 and cmdr_dan like this.
    09-05-13 05:57 AM
    Me too two PB, So I would definitly try an update. Actually when I used to have Notionink Adam, without the ROMS made by the community I would have thrown it away much much earlier.
    Both PB I use daily. The Origami browser is big improvement en the Tigrit control now allows me to play my Sonos so two big hurdles out of the way. But ofcourse I would like all my Android app to update automatically via Market instead of manually side loading.
    09-05-13 07:03 AM
    Why not....I would!
    09-05-13 07:18 AM
    I think OP is hinting on a leak that he has access to and can release but it is a low level wipe.
    09-05-13 07:18 AM
    I sure will...I don't use that thing anymore except for reading epubs
    09-05-13 07:21 AM
    Rename the thread.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    09-05-13 07:25 AM
    Very likely would update. It has become an emotional issue. I read that a cause of market loss was due to alot of people feeling left out because they couldn't participate in the IOS arena. A major fupa? Kind of like folks abandoning Microsoft (big brother )?
    I personally just ordered two 64GB playbook from amazon $154 each and am holding on to an aging 9780. Consumers are fickle and emotional. BlackBerry has been cutting edge. I am hooked, what a delema.
    09-05-13 07:47 AM
    Sure i'd give it a go - need a bit more info though
    09-05-13 08:14 AM
    I'd try it. Nothing to lose, eh?
    09-05-13 08:41 AM
    BUT
    Would you install it?
    Depends on how much smoother but have no problems with a full wipe.
    09-05-13 08:50 AM
    Are you QuackQuack?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:52 AM
56 123