If RIM didn't release OS2 tomorrow.... I will be losing hope in RIM.

RIM is moving very slow now, I bought the PlayBook at the lunch date, decided to wait for it to be successful product and become an iPad killer, but it didn't.

PlayBook is still a unique product to me, lately 6 HD Powerful games were introduced, but still not enough.

I have got loads of bugs that I was expecting OS 2.0 to fix
    One of the most annoying bugs I got, that while downloading using Bridge Browser and suddenly it just closes down for no reason. I am on an Unlimited BIS bundle anyway, but I hate Re-Downloading and have to wait more time.

I HATE WAITING!
    10-17-11 03:49 PM
    Good grief, could you get any whinier?

RIM has already SAID they were not releasing OS v2 tomorrow! They said on the investor call it would be shown at DevCon and released "thereafter".. As in "sometime after".. Not sure how much more plain they could have been.

And I bought my Playbook on launch day as well.. I loved it when it came out, and I'm loving it more every day as more awesome apps come out for it. I want OS v2 as well, but it's going to be OK..

Go buy a copy of N.O.V.A. 2 HD and chillax, bro!

RIM is moving very slow now, I bought the PlayBook at the lunch date, decided to wait for it to be successful product and become an iPad killer, but it didn't.

PlayBook is still a unique product to me, lately 6 HD Powerful games were introduced, but still not enough.

One of the most annoying bugs I got, that while downloading using Bridge Browser and suddenly it just closes down for no reason. I am on an Unlimited BIS bundle anyway, but I hate Re-Downloading and have to wait more time.

I HATE WAITING!
    lund, black hole, jeffcrn and 3 others like this.
    10-17-11 03:52 PM
    Get ready to be disappointed!
    10-17-11 03:55 PM
    Get ready to be disappointed!
    At least I won't be disappointed. I'm expecting them to show it at DevCon and release thereafter..

LewLew23, ScoobsDM and narci like this.
    10-17-11 03:57 PM

I HATE WAITING!
    Remember that you're downloading from a 3G connection (or maybe 2G)->through your phone->over bluetooth to your playbook. Bridge browser will crash if there's too much data transfer over the bluetooth (especially if youre downloading and have other bridge apps open).
    10-17-11 04:02 PM
    Merriam-Webster: Definition of THEREAFTER
    : after that
    archaic : according to that : accordingly
    See thereafter defined for English-language learners �
    See thereafter defined for kids �
    Examples of THEREAFTER

Thereafter, the two companies operated in full partnership.
    <gave his farewell speech and left the room shortly thereafter>

Just to clarify what THEREAFTER means.
    10-17-11 04:05 PM
    ** god.....if they don't release the OS, you will wake up as usual, the sun will rise like every morning, you will still have the same playbook. The same playbook you bought on the first day. If you don't like it on tomorrow, just blame yourself to have bought this product six month ago
    10-17-11 04:08 PM
    We all want the latest and greatest but it will come when it comes ..
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    10-17-11 04:11 PM
    At least they didn't say "hereafter", implying it will be available after we all have lived long, fulfilling lives...
    black hole likes this.
    10-17-11 04:57 PM
    Good grief, could you get any whinier?

RIM has already SAID they were not releasing OS v2 tomorrow! They said on the investor call it would be shown at DevCon and released "thereafter".. As in "sometime after".. Not sure how much more plain they could have been.

And I bought my Playbook on launch day as well.. I loved it when it came out, and I'm loving it more every day as more awesome apps come out for it. I want OS v2 as well, but it's going to be OK..

Go buy a copy of N.O.V.A. 2 HD and chillax, bro!
    I'm hoping to pick NOVA up for free.

islab was stillborn for me. No flash.
    10-17-11 05:01 PM
    At least they didn't say "hereafter", implying it will be available after we all have lived long, fulfilling lives...
    ... with our PB OS1.
    10-17-11 05:03 PM
    Give the guy a break, probably having a bad day. But yeah, it'll come before the end of the year I think.
    nova_8 likes this.
    10-17-11 05:09 PM
    Lunch date??? With Mike & Jim ??
    They certainly dumped you LOL!!!

I HATE WAITING!
    10-17-11 05:14 PM
    2.0 or 3.0 wont make any difference if there are no NDK or SDK around. got to get those out to get apps. this deafcon would probably more on the upcoming handsets with 70million user base..i don't think rim would want to concentrate on pb with less than 1 million users base.
    10-17-11 05:22 PM
    Merriam-Webster: Definition of THEREAFTER
    : after that
    archaic : according to that : accordingly
    See thereafter defined for English-language learners �
    See thereafter defined for kids �
    Examples of THEREAFTER

Thereafter, the two companies operated in full partnership.
    <gave his farewell speech and left the room shortly thereafter>

Just to clarify what THEREAFTER means.
    and the word right after that is THERETHERE Definition:
    - it'll be alright Mommy loves you lol!

The next definitions needed are whining and patience.
    ScoobsDM and wellard like this.
    10-17-11 05:25 PM
    What is going on with this generation of consumers? We are all a bunch of bandwagon jumpers. Can't we all be content with the provider we currently have? With the abilities that our devices have, we are hardly willing to spend any money and we are always looking for an opportunity to jump ship. Where's the consumer loyalty?
    romanys79 and jvictor77 like this.
    10-17-11 05:31 PM
    omg all of us are waiting for he new os, but the new os is not commimg tomorrow, i wish have the update icon tomorrow at morning but i dont want to get disappointed.
    10-17-11 05:45 PM
    It won't be released tomorrow. I'll bet my life's savings...which isn't much :P
    10-17-11 05:56 PM
    2.0 or 3.0 wont make any difference if there are no NDK or SDK around. got to get those out to get apps. this deafcon would probably more on the upcoming handsets with 70million user base..i don't think rim would want to concentrate on pb with less than 1 million users base.
    The superphone OS will be almost exactly the same as the PB OS.
    10-17-11 05:57 PM
    I guess I'll throw my PB into traffic and curl up in a corner for the remainder of the month...

Or maybe it will just be another day.

Good thing you guys weren't waiting for the new iPhone back in JUNE when it should have been out. Just imagining waiting that long and then only getting an S added on...
    nova_8, Cozmik and triplesteve like this.
    10-17-11 05:59 PM
    who knows maybe 3G pb will be released for sale tomorrow just after deafcon
    i bet the qnx phone will operate pretty much like nokia n9 on meego.
    10-17-11 06:06 PM
    Give the guy a break, probably having a bad day. But yeah, it'll come before the end of the year I think.
    If you read his posts, he must be having a bad day every single day.
    10-17-11 06:08 PM
    OS 2 becoming before the end of the year is GAME OVER for the playbook.

If they miss the 2011 holiday selling season they might as well give up already. They will have missed out on the biggest selling season of the year and will be left behind buy the ipad 3 and the latest quad core eating ice cream tablets that will arrive.

If you don't release os 2 soon with all the features promised this summer or according to Jimbo in the first 60 days You are done..

I love my playbook but how can i possibly recommend this thing when its missing the core functions of ANY competing tablet unless you have a blackberry.

Release 2.0 before mid november or watch it die a slow death.
    romanys79 likes this.
    10-17-11 06:12 PM
    The greatest and catastrophic event could ever happen on planet earth is
    when the SUN does not RISE of does not SET.

and there is nothing worse that could happen than the above.

AND

Playbook OS 2.0 release no way can alter / affect that occurrence

So rest in peace.... nothing happens to anyone / mankind.

Just enjoy it when it becomes available.
    10-17-11 06:14 PM
    No OS2 tomorrow. I predict no OS2 next week, or the week after. RIM has not given us a date. All the dates floating around here are rumor and conjecture. When, and only when RIM provides a date, AND misses it, should any of us be getting all bent out of shape about 'delays' and 'broken promises'.

Collectively its time we all took a deep breath, sit back and relax. The PB works. OS2 will make it work better....but keep in mind it still works now.
    Superfly_FR and jvictor77 like this.
    10-17-11 06:16 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD