Quite simple. We own a device that never fulfilled its potential. The hardware is still very decent, so if Blackberry is turning its back on us, the minimum they could do is unlock it so we can try to hack it as a community, or try to install an OS that will evolve (I am thinking Ubuntu).

The last time I suggested this, there was still plenty foo...ahem, loyal Blackberrians around to put the idea down. Maybe this time?
    sad_old_man and tphp like this.
    05-17-13 11:40 AM
    Quite simple. We own a device that never fulfilled its potential. The hardware is still very decent, so if Blackberry is turning its back on us, the minimum they could do is unlock it so we can try to hack it as a community, or try to install an OS that will evolve (I am thinking Ubuntu).

The last time I suggested this, there was still plenty foo...ahem, loyal Blackberrians around to put the idea down. Maybe this time?
    It could possible be the fact you implied BlackBerry fans are fools, or that BlackBerry *must* do something for you, or that you claim the PlayBook never fulfilled it's potential (by your reckoning). The device is a solid tablet, does Email and PIM, can be activated on Enterprise, Bridged to BlackBerry devices to avoid service fees when connecting (for the most part), etc.

You will not see RIM unlocking the bootloader on this, as the device is used in corporations. Your best bet is to pursue an Android tablet if you wish to modify it.
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    05-17-13 11:48 AM
    Won't happen.
    05-17-13 11:49 AM

Shhhhhhhhhh fool. They are just staying silent, but they are still out there waiting for Thor to fart again and if they think they can smell bb10 in his fart they will be all over us once again.
    zynks likes this.
    05-17-13 11:56 AM