I will give the PB to my little niece to play with and get something else.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    02-07-12 04:34 PM
    A lot of people will, however the truly faithful will stay!
    maddie1128 likes this.
    02-07-12 04:37 PM
    Define bomb. What are you expecting from 2.0 exactly?
    SDM7171, Zirak, Snap51 and 1 others like this.
    02-07-12 04:39 PM
    where I'm from, when people say something is the bomb, it usually means it's awesome
    02-07-12 04:40 PM
    Define bomb. What are you expecting from 2.0 exactly?
    Agreed, come on OP, let's see you define your terms.
    02-07-12 04:42 PM
    See ya! I have the feeling that no matter what happens at launch you're not going to be happy, so I hope you enjoy your new hardware.
    shrinkbbuser likes this.
    02-07-12 04:43 PM
    good things come to those that wait this platform will get better and better. I have an ipad 2 and i never use it anymore i gave it to my mom pretty much. I have an iphone 4 and ill be getting the next bb10 phone. I see more potential in this system then with apple. apple just did a huge update with iOS 5 so i dont expect actual multitasking from them any time soon. I would be massively surprised if they do. you should at least wait until they get the new phones out. If you don't like what u see... then you should jump ship. To each their own.
    02-07-12 04:44 PM
    OS2 cannot even bomb, so.....you are stuck with your Playbook
    DeepBlade likes this.
    02-07-12 04:45 PM
    when something "bombs" it means that it sucks
    if it is "the bomb" its great

she is correct -_-
    dave1701 likes this.
    02-07-12 04:46 PM
    Os2 won't bomb, I truly believe they are working hard on it. If they released it when we all wanted it, then it probably would "bomb". I've decided to not check my updates and spend less time on crackberry so that the time doesn't seem as slow. So far I have bombed attempting this.
    Snap51, ralfyguy, dave1701 and 1 others like this.
    try an android tablet after the play book.It will drive you insane, have to hit the back button 3 or 5 times just to close an app and get to a new one, multitasking is non existant on a droid tablet.
    DeepBlade and f1mx like this.
    Can you define bombing?
    Can you define not bombing?

What are you expecting out of 2.0?
    What are you not expecting to happen, with 2.0?

Whether it bombs or not is up to the individual. Some people are even quite happy with 1.0 as it is currently.
    jedibeeftrix and Flexin like this.
    02-07-12 04:51 PM
    Aw come on, lighten up.

The expectation's getting pretty high, let's face it. Of course some of us are wondering if we're going to be disappointed...

OP vented a little frustration. Good for her. Don't rake her over the coals...
    02-07-12 04:54 PM
    try an android tablet after the play book.It will drive you insane, have to hit the back button 3 or 5 times just to close an app and get to a new one, multitasking is non existant on a droid tablet.
    This is what I keep telling people - try a honeycomb tablet for yourself. Motorola xoom? Samsung Galaxy tab?? Even the hp touchpad sold more units than the galaxy tab.

PlayBook OS 1.0 is better than honeycomb so therefore the PlayBook is better (by far) than all android tablets.

The press should focus their hate on failed honeycomb tablets and the failed hp touchpad instead of hating on the PlayBook, which is a product that RIM is committed on improving.
    Last edited by DeepBlade; 02-07-12 at 05:32 PM.
    02-07-12 04:59 PM
    Just curious if expectations are out of line. We know what features are coming for sure. It will just be interesting to see those who will cry foul about 'rumored' features not making the cut with 2.0 is finally in the wild.
    anon(1175881) likes this.
    02-07-12 05:01 PM
    Just curious if expectations are out of line. We know what features are coming for sure. It will just be interesting to see those who will cry foul about 'rumored' features not making the cut with 2.0 is finally in the wild.
    What are rumored features?

I've heard countless of times on this forum and news media that OS 2.0 will be a significant improvement over what is OS 2.0 beta today. Some people quote some twits from insider saying it's nothing like OS 2.0 beta.

Well, I'm just hoping it goes beyond my expectations, as those who are getting hopes up are those who are hyping what OS 2.0 is on this forum more than anyone else.

My expectations are better compatibility with Android Apps than OS 2.0 beta, in addition to built-in email client which operates much like iOS email client does. I do also expect built-in apps to improve, especially PDF viewer and Youtube client.

Things like Ghost Commander (Android app) is a good sign that works well with native PB apps.

If OS 2.0 falls short of expectations, or hypes on this forum, I may still keep my PB and be happy with improvements. However, it will definitely influence on future choices.
    02-07-12 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD