I am thinking about resetting my playbook to its origional factory settings after my playbook glitches and deleted my message and youtube apps that I cannot redownload. One thing I work Luke to know is if I reset it to its origional factory settings will my saved game data also be erased? I hope not because I am really far in some of my games and I don't want to have to restart on them. If it will erase it would it work if I saved the games data on bropbox or box?
    02-19-13 07:43 PM
    You will need to do a backup on BlackBerry Link (if you're running OS 2.1) to save your game data.
    02-19-13 07:47 PM
    You will need to do a backup on BlackBerry Link (if you're running OS 2.1) to save your game data.
    Isn't BB Link OS10 only?
    02-19-13 08:58 PM
    How did you DELETE those apps? Some apps canNOT generally be deleted. Have you looked into folders or scrolled down further on the home screen? Also, icons (apps) can be on panels or panes to the left or right (place finger near the right edge of swipe to the left to reveal the next panel over.
    02-19-13 09:02 PM
    Isn't BB Link OS10 only?
    The info when it is installed is rather confusing. It works for the PB and OS10 (not earlier OS's on bbphones). I just installed and used it yesterday for backing up my pb (apps and settings).
    02-19-13 09:03 PM
    You need to do a backup first using Blackberry Desktop Manager

I have BB LINK and BDM installed on my PC and i still use BDM for playbook.
    02-19-13 09:19 PM
    Link is compatible with PlayBook OS 2.1 and above...deleted BDM and use Link only now. Works well.
    02-19-13 09:24 PM
    They got deleted because I took everything off my dock then when I went to put them back on they disapered and I got an error message
    02-20-13 02:12 PM
    They got deleted because I took everything off my dock then when I went to put them back on they disapered and I got an error message
    There is a fix for that but I don't recall what it is.
    MAYBE make all the icons disappear in the same way then restart?

Someone will be along to tell you.

If you do a back up, make sure you can restore that back up before wiping your PB. I had one backup that I couldn't reload. You should, at the very least, move any media( pictures, video) that you wouldn't want to lose.
    02-20-13 02:40 PM
    Yes, Chaddface is correct. Move EVERY ICON to the dock, one at a time. They will each disappear. Just keep moving the remaining ones to the DOCK. Once they have all been eaten by The DOCK BUG, reboot/restart. They will all be back.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    02-20-13 03:06 PM
    If you have done a backup prior to a wipe you will recover your game data when you do a restore using the DM. However Android games will not backup so you will lose that data. All game info is in the Application Data backup file.
    02-20-13 06:09 PM
    To the contrary, the Android data can be predictably archived and restored. Most data is in the sdcard folder, and the rest will require a Backup app.

I found that BBDM does not archive or restore everything, especially user metadata.
    02-21-13 07:34 AM