I almost did it. I was ready to chuck it across the room.

If I ever do, it will be because of one of two things:

1. Keyboard lag - typing something and then watching the screen, forever, to see it appear

2. Cut and paste (the "blue arrows of death") - unbelievably annoying and, therefore, pretty useless. Not to mention trying to position the "single arrow of death" where you want it.

When I thought that 10 was coming, I was willing to live with them, but now they just annoy me, more and more, every day.
    FF22 and PTZ like this.
    09-06-13 06:58 PM
    I've had the same issues with keyboard lag.

Doesn't affect me now though because my PB died a month ago for no reason whatsoever.
    09-06-13 07:00 PM
    I understand the pain as I too can't stand this major problem with the PlayBook. I also drop wifi sometimes more than other times.....the PlayBook is in desperate need of an Update
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-13 07:05 PM
    I understand the pain as I too can't stand this major problem with the PlayBook. I also drop wifi sometimes more than other times.....the PlayBook is in desperate need of an Update
    I don't think we should hold our breath.
    09-06-13 07:09 PM
    stopped using my pb when bb gave up on it bought the new nexus 7 never been happier to pair that with my z10
    09-06-13 07:15 PM
    Use PB for media and good up to the TV, still great to use that way!

Fired from my Z10
    09-06-13 07:18 PM
    .the PlayBook is in desperate need of an Update
    Rumor has it that we just got one (unofficially).
    09-06-13 07:19 PM
    also try restarting it every once in awhile, that might get rid of the keyboard lag...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-06-13 08:08 PM
    I almost did it. I was ready to chuck it across the room.

If I ever do, it will be because of one of two things:

1. Keyboard lag - typing something and then watching the screen, forever, to see it appear

2. Cut and paste (the "blue arrows of death") - unbelievably annoying and, therefore, pretty useless. Not to mention trying to position the "single arrow of death" where you want it.

When I thought that 10 was coming, I was willing to live with them, but now they just annoy me, more and more, every day.
    Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like

Not that it will ever change.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-06-13 08:51 PM
    Cut and paste is pretty much ****house with all the current tablet operating systems.
    09-07-13 03:47 AM
    Cut and paste is pretty much ****house with all the current tablet operating systems.
    It is an incredible blind spot. I don't know why someone can't or won't implement a cursor keypad that pops up like the regular keyboards. I guess that they expect folks will ultimately adjust and curse the entire time or lifetime that the adjustment takes.
    09-07-13 10:33 AM
    I thought i knew more than i do. Yesterday i learned to use search function hen attaching pics to emails. It made a big difference. 16GB, 64 for two years. Just bought two 64GB for $154 each. Giving playbooks to my shop foreman and my installer. Got a cheap blutooth keyboard/case, it not special but i will play with it. I on the throne so its a naked play book till i get back to the desk. Is there something else going on that you should show such aggresion toward your playbook. Ok back at the desk back on the keyboard. Iss there counseling in the future for you and Thor. Correct spelling is sosmetimes becoming less important, you get my drift. Slow down taake a deep breath playbooks are cheap, ahem inexpensive,
    My wifi constantly drops on my 9780 and my playbook, i think its my wifi
    My playbook has made a significant impact on my business and personal life. I will be in remorse when i no longer have one. It beeen a GOOD RIDE. I will stay in the saddle as long as i can. The future looks brite as long as we can keep the shareholders, the politicians and the overly greedy individuals in check. Noting wrong with a little greed its the lack of restraint that causes crap
    09-07-13 11:26 AM
    also try restarting it every once in awhile, that might get rid of the keyboard lag...
    These days, I, pretty much have to restart two or three times a day, for various reasons. Perfect example, I just rebooted because my sound went away, and, guess what, it just went away again. Happens, mostly, when I'm typing. So, add that to the previous two. All three seem to be related, in some way.

I'd do a debrick but I cannot do a backup…don't get me going!
    09-07-13 12:00 PM
    There's a leak for an update that's makes things smoother.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-07-13 12:23 PM
    if they just gave us a damn delete key you could at least be close with tbat annoying arrow and move from there.. bjt no .. you have to get right in front of the damn letter and back space. so friggen annoying.

and on mine that predictive thing just comes and goes as it pleases..
    FF22 likes this.
    09-09-13 10:14 PM
    I restore to factory every couple of months to restore my PlayBook to full speed, then it lasts a whole and I wipe again. That's a workaround if you still want to use it, which is the case for me.

Oddly enough, my girlfriend almost never has this problem on her PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 10:21 PM
    I think our electronic gadgets have picked up some of our human traits and have become capable of temperamental behavior. I have been using PBs since December 2011. I have also experienced frustrating keyboard lag as you described on one of my 4 PBs. While I was aware of the popular suggested fixes such as hard reset, wipe, etc., for most problems with the PB, I have resisted using such "cures", mainly because I hate dealing with the inconvenient process of backing up my info. When one acts up, I use another.

I have been lucky that so far, each misbehaving PB has either fixed itself or I only had to shut it down and then turn it on again for the problem to go away. In other words, give the PB a rest. Perhaps the problems I had were minor enough that I did not have to do a wipe, etc. With respect to the keyboard lag, it is frustrating indeed. However, it has gone away on its own! The only thing I have done differently in disciplining my PBs is that as of a couple of months back, I started turning each one off (not just putting them in stand by mode) about every two weeks. It does not matter if I leave it off overnight or if I just turn it off and then turn it back on five or ten minutes later. The "rest" seems to do them good. When I turn the PB back on, I do not use it immediately when it cycles on (after the usual three minutes or so). I let it take more time to really get ready to work again because I have noticed that if I start working on it as soon as it cycles on, I occasionally experience a slow-down in its performance, e.g., a lag when I delete e-mails, etc. I do other things like exercise - jog to the refrigerator and grab a snack and let the PB take its time getting ready.

Other than the shutdown every two weeks or so for each PB, they all remain in stand by mode when not in use. I guess I have been lucky with my PBs as I have not really experienced any prolonged and significant problems that some others have. Perhaps also, what I do with them helped fix the few problems I had and helped prevent others.

For example, several months ago, one of them would not charge when I connected the rapid charger to it. In fact, it was discharging. Once in a long while, this happens. However, it usually is just a bad connection and after I disconnect the plug from the magnetic port and reconnect it, it charges with no further problem. This time, it did not work. I disconnected and reconnected about six to seven times and still it stubbornly refused to accept its electrical nutrition. I thought perhaps my charger went kaput on me so I connected another PB to it and it charged that other one. I then reconnected the troublesome PB and it still would not charge. I thought the worst. Has this PB seen its final day? Then I went on to administer my "cure", i.e., disconnected it from the charger, turned it off, turned it back on ten minutes later and then let it sit another few minutes after it cycled back on. Then I connected the charger again and sure enough, it began to charge. I have had no further problems with it charging or holding its charge since then.

On another occasion, also several months ago, I noticed that one of the PBs got hotter than usual during/after charging and then was discharging its battery at an unusually rapid rate during use. Some panic set in. Once again, the cure was the same as the above, i.e., turn it off and then back on. I then recharged it and monitored its temperature during the process, making sure it did not get unusually hot. It did not, and after being fully charged, I used it and everything worked normally again. No further problem since that occasion.

I guess by accident, I found that just turning it off and then on again has worked for me in dealing with the several problems I have encountered with my PBs. From that accidental discovery of a "cure", I started the habit of turning each PB off and then on again every two weeks or so. While not necessarily perfect, they have been less temperamental.

I hope this helps you with your keyboard lag. If not, just give it some time and maybe it will fix itself like mine did.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-13 12:19 AM
    bb4ty:

I think you may have come up with a good system. I don't really know the in's and out's but it is possible that when actually TURNED OFF, it may do some cleanup or housekeeping that zeros out some stuff and reinitializes other stuff as it goes off and then finishes up when restarted.

I think you are right - many of us count on standby and consider it an act of faith that the pb does so well that we rarely have to reboot it. Plus, its slow reboot time makes us reluctant to turn off fully off.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-10-13 01:52 AM
    F2:

Well, it seems to have worked for me so far so I will continue doing this. While not an engineer, I do believe a tablet has to be shut down occasionally and not left on standby mode perpetually. Why? I do not know. I just believe.

My PBs have been in decent health even though one was noticeably slower than the others. It was not really a problem for me and today's update has given it more speed. It is now as fast as the others. It really is. Not placebo effect. I cannot really say if the update gave my other PBs more speed because they were fine before and are fine now. Perhaps in the coming days I may be better able to tell as I use them more.

It makes me wonder though, with today's update and so many claiming their PBs are faster, how many of these folks always kept their PBs in standby mode and how many actually do like I do, i.e. shut it down on a regular basis. If most do not shut down their PBs at all, then I wonder how much of the improved speed is due to the update and how much is due to them having to shut the PBs down since the update required a restart of the tablet.

I can vouch that the update improved the performance of my "slow" PB, though I cannot definitively say that it sped up my other PBs. So, my conclusion has to be that the update does in fact improve performance (i.e., speed) of an "ailing" PB, but I am not sure if it does the same to a "healthy" PB. However, it may have improved performance in some other aspect other than speed.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-13 11:47 PM