I signed up for the Beta, then I read It's only for devs. Could I still download it and eill I still be able to upgrade to the stable version?

I just recently got the playbook so I'm a n000000b.

Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-12 03:22 PM
    I would expect the 2.1 final release to be a newer version than the 2.1 beta, so you should be able to update to it from the beta release without issue.
    05-31-12 03:35 PM
    Also Downgrading From Beta PlayBook OS to the Current N... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums tells you how to downgrade so you can always do that before moving to the stable 2.1
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-31-12 03:36 PM
    While you almost certainly will be able to, RIM makes no guarantees on it. However, previous history is in your favor. Every beta release I've installed has been seamlessly upgraded to gold code without any issues. You should always backup your PlayBook and be prepared to lose anything you did while on beta though. Have fun!,
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-31-12 03:41 PM
    You will be able to get onto the stable release for sure.
    05-31-12 04:39 PM
    Also Downgrading From Beta PlayBook OS to the Current N... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums tells you how to downgrade so you can always do that before moving to the stable 2.1
    +
    While you almost certainly will be able to, RIM makes no guarantees on it. However, previous history is in your favor. Every beta release I've installed has been seamlessly upgraded to gold code without any issues. You should always backup your PlayBook and be prepared to lose anything you did while on beta though. Have fun!,
    =
    GOLD medal !
    05-31-12 04:46 PM
    are all the apps included this time?

Is it like the 2.0 beta where it was just the browser?

If it's got all the apps, I'm gonna try it out.
    05-31-12 04:49 PM
    If I remember correctly, some did have to do a wipe to get things working correctly when the official update came out. So definitely be prepared for anything.
    05-31-12 04:50 PM
    are all the apps included this time?

Is it like the 2.0 beta where it was just the browser?

If it's got all the apps, I'm gonna try it out.
    All apps are included this time.
    05-31-12 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD