Do you think that after the Priv takes off and BlackBerry sees profitability again in the devices market that they will consider another go at it?

I was thinking how innovative BlackBerry is and the new amazing touch sensitive keyboard they've made. Companies make splashes in the water with new technology and having something like that for a tablet would be interesting. Now I don't propose they make a hard keyboard on the tablet, but hear me out. What if on a BlackBerry tablet only you could link your touch sensitive keyboard from say your Passport or any other new phone with this tech to the tablet and be able to insert text with your phone. I know I can't type worth a **** on a virtual keyboard but I can fly with my Passport. Perhaps even use the screen or trackpad of the phone to navigate on screen. Can you imagine how that would work with the tablet plugged into you big screen in the living room or at the office for presentations.

I think that a unique advantage like this could set them apart from regular android Tablets. I know that Windows Phone 10 with the 950XL is looking to do this type of work. All in one is the trick and there is a bigger picture beyond security for BlackBerry so I hope they take a look at this.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:17 AM
    I'm don't think a tablet is yet on the horizon for BlackBerry. Device and company profitability is the first goal. Company profitability will come with their growing suite of software. Device profitability has yet to be realized.

As for the functionality you mention; it was available through the bridge already. Not sure about on BlackBerry 10. But when I had my PB and my curve I could use the trackball of curve as a mouse on on the PB and that including typing text on to the PB as well.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-05-15 11:01 AM
    Let's do some math, here. If BlackBerry were to hit a home-run (they didn't) with a handset like the Passport, they could aspire to about 0.5% of the smartphone market. Of that 0.005 share, one could conceivably imagine that one in ten might purchase a Playbook as their tablet of choice. That would potentially offer a 0.0005 market share for the combo.

Also, the combo of the Passport and Playbook means you have two devices, neither of which can be reasonably operated with one hand so it's a mandatory sit-down experience. Then you are thinking of daisy-chaining it to a big screen for a presentation? Wouldn't be a lot easier to use a compact notebook?
    11-05-15 12:49 PM
    First off I believe I said "Do you think that after the Priv takes off and BlackBerry sees profitability again in the devices market that they will consider another go at it? "

That means if the Priv is a success. It also means after they return to profitability in their devices sector. That means after and if. lol.

I see we are in no shortage of negativity here lol

Tablet is lighter and they are beginning to attach to keyboards these days anyway but if you were operating it on a big screen from the couch or the boardroom that would be Interesting. And I don't always sit down when I operate my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:09 PM
    Not gonna happen........Think about all the Android tablets out there. Now, with BB integrating Android into their "new devices", The only way a tablet from BB would even have a chance of success, is to have BB10 only on it for the BB user.

Again, not gonna happen.......They tried it once..
    11-06-15 09:20 AM
    I do not know whether BlackBerry recognises the genius of offering a smartphone and tablet in the aftermath of the BlackBerry PlayBook. Sadly. Today the wireless carrier representative suggested I buy a Google Android tablet to go along with my BlackBerry Priv. I can return any time to buy it as part of my 2-year contract. I would prefer a BlackBerry tablet; I still use my BlackBerry PlayBook though.
    11-06-15 01:50 PM
    Well I'm not implying that this could/would happen any time soon but tablets are used in the professional industry also and like the iPad a BlackBerry /Android tablet could offer a similar experience with seamless syncing of info between devices. Seems like a logical progression and if the taste of the Priv sits well on everyone's pallet I assume it will be a welcome answer to the poor android experience offered by other manufacturers.
    No one thought BlackBerry would come out of its hole either but here they are and looking darn promising.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:56 PM
    CEO John Chen appeared on Fox Business this past weekend reassuring investors that, [he is] never going to give up the phone business we have a range of products after this and its actually quite exciting.

Hmmm...... interesting comment.......things that make you go hmmm.......

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 08:35 AM
    Maybe they will do once BlackBerry is profitable, but honestly we're talking at least three years from now, if at all. John Chen stated he wouldn't make a tablet for the sake of making one. I would love to see the PlayBook os make a comeback, though.

Posted via CB10
    Enyigma and The_Passporter like this.
    12-17-15 01:50 PM
    If they did, it would probably be Android. And actually BlackBerry did release another tablet, and it was a secured Samsung Android tablet.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-09-16 11:46 PM
    And here we are and look at what I see. Did I say it? Did I? Lol
    Let's get that tablet and my idea moving!!!

A new BlackBerry tablet might kick off second phase of software licensing | CrackBerry.com
    03-31-17 01:24 PM
    It is interesting that one of the licensees is interested in launching a new tablet. It will be Android so it won't be a PlayBook 2, but it would be good to see a secure BlackBerry branded tablet out there.
    03-31-17 08:20 PM