What will it do better than Android or Ios ?

How long to grow an apps offer equivalent to Android or Ios ?

What is the proportion of potential users who will buy a tablet just because it has the "amazing" but bare BB10 ?
    09-17-12 08:30 AM
    Nothing

Too long

Fans

OK there are several threads on this already. When it comes people will make up their mind then and see what is there.
    09-17-12 08:41 AM
    IMHO apps are just a piece of the story. What is RIM going to do to compete with iTunes and the Play Store and what I expect to be full xBox like functionality for the new WP8 phones and the W8 tabs.

I hope/expect that RIM will announce a partnership(s) to bridge some of the functionality they currently do not have, but I believe it's important to develop a "one stop" store for magazine subscriptions, tv subscriptions, movie sales, yes quality apps, cloud based services like iCloud and Google Music/Drive etc. I believe RIM has to find this functionality to really compete, as they did with TomTom for navigation.
    09-17-12 08:46 AM
    Nothing

Too long

Fans

OK there are several threads on this already. When it comes people will make up their mind then and see what is there.
    This. Honestly, nobody knows. We don't have BB10 yet, and there could be updates to the other OS between now and BB10 release.
    09-17-12 08:47 AM
    I'm sorry, what do you mean "IF" BB10 comes....

Ohh right, just noticed who started the thread...

WHEN BB10 comes, maybe we'll know more

Si.
    09-17-12 09:10 AM
    While i cant reply to any of ur questions, because BB10 hasn't come out yet. But from what i've seen so far, BB10 does look very promising and i believe it can take RIM to top again. Though i don't intend to compare, it looks far better than ios or any other device. And trust me, app problem will be solved. Becoz RIM seem to have realised it. Lets see what happens when it comes out.
    09-17-12 09:50 AM
    I'm sorry, what do you mean "IF" BB10 comes....
    I'm saying IF because I observe 2.1 further delayed, therefore and especially with RIM's recent history of delays the likeliness of BB not being released in early 2013 is not low.

Conversely the chances of RIM not surviving until the release of BB10 are not insignificant.

I think the playbook os already looks better than Android and Ios. Ever since I moved to an Android tablet, I particularly miss the upward slide to close an application.

However, apart from GUI niceties I don't see any relevant advantage that BB10 will have and the other os won't have by mid-2013.

On the contrary, allowing Android to be installed on the playbook would boost sales immediately and secure RIM's future. RIM could then concentrate on adding the best user interface on top of Jelly Bean.

Even corporate security features could be added in customized Android ROMs.

Lets see what happens when it comes out.
    Oh sure, since I have an Android tablet now I don't feel that urge to have normal value for my money anymore. I have updates for my apps almost every week and I am happy with that.

I just wish it would show folders natively in the next release, but even that is not certain. It was in Windows 3.1 back in the days, but well, still not in the 2012 playbook os.
    Last edited by Bakamushi; 09-17-12 at 12:00 PM.
    ryder4587 likes this.
    09-17-12 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD