08-28-13 02:53 PM
31 12
tools
    I would say he should get nothing but that is not going to happen. Whatever is in his contract that is what he will get. I need to be a CEO of a company so I can run them in the ground then get PAID big buck for doing so.
    08-26-13 03:49 PM
    I am with you on this. How can a company just not 'get it' so often, and for so long? Customers of either sort (business and private) are their bread and butter, and shouldn't be dismissed with such callous disregard. It isn't the fact that it is old, and we should just move on, it is the same repeat pattern of lies, lateness, and less-than-expected that we get. I don't believe a word they say anymore. To me, BlackBerry is still RIM (Rectalcraniosis Is Malignant).
    As someone in another thread pointed out the LTE PB is NOT old. So they not only abandoned the wifi "old" pb but the relatively new LTE PLAYBOOK. They screwed all comers equally with their shortsighted non-effort. They never "sold" the Bridge or any of the unique features and moved on to a bloated platform. A platform that appears to be floundering in the muddy footprints of the pb.
    cmdr_dan and chaosdivine like this.
    08-26-13 04:36 PM
    They followed up one screwup with another - QNX, then PB OS, then BB10. I don't know how a competent bunch of developers can turn the lean QNX OS into the bloated monstrosity that is BB10... it's like BlackBerry never learned a thing about anything despite all those years spent working on BB7 and its predecessors.

As for Heins, he shouldn't get a cent for running the company into the ground. BlackBerry could have changed course so many times during the previous three years but they decided to keep going as before, despite the market dynamics changing so much.
    cmdr_dan and chaosdivine like this.
    08-26-13 06:18 PM
    Ideally if TH was dismissed then BB should pay him no more than his salary plus any severance pay. He should not be entitled to any significant stock holdings if his performance rating is sub-par which appears to be the case.

As for the PlayBook itself, it pains me to think that there are many creative and dedicated BB engineers/developers/designers who have passion for the product only to see all their efforts squandered by grossly incompetent management.
    FF22, cmdr_dan and chaosdivine like this.
    08-26-13 08:59 PM
    08-27-13 01:51 AM
    As an attorney who has been practicing law for 19 years, I wouldn't hire this SCrid guy to carry one of my briefcases--even on a pro bono basis.

One key trait that any competent attorney/law clerk/paralegal/law student needs to have is the ability to get his/her facts "right." This Scrid character jumps into this thread and immediately tries to foist upon the readers that the Playbook is a "three year old tablet."

Actually, the first version of the Playbook was released in April, 2011, less than two and one-half years ago. Even rounding up doesn't get one to three years.

The 4G LTE version of the Playbook was first released in August 2012, less than a year and a month ago.

The 3G version of the Playbook was released less than a year ago.

Making a mess of facts like Scrid has will get an attorney laughed out of court, at best, and, in worse case scenarios, subject that attorney to paying malpractice awards.
    I will assure you that "this SCrid guy" knows more about the PlayBook than most people will ever know including at BlackBerry and you did an excellent job of proving his point. No need to be demeaning, just call people by their name, SCrid2000 in this case, it is unprofessional and takes away from the credibility of your post. If you really read what he says though, he does not state that the PlayBook is a "three(sic) year old tablet" as you try to "foist upon the readers" (LOL, REALLY?), but you jumped to that conclusion and are the one that would be "laughed out of court" if you ever came up against him on any matters related to BB phones, BB software (probably any software) and yes even the PlayBook. You also state "This Scrid character jumps into this thread..." when he actually was the first the person to respond to the OP and yet you go on for like a dozen or so sentences in two different posts about four words he said (which you technically misquote by the way) in his second post. Not that it really matters if it is 2 years or 3 years, but just to get the math facts "right" if one rounds up any portion of a year over 2 years to the next whole year, it would be 3 years.
    08-28-13 02:53 PM
31 12