There is absolutely nothing wrong with my Calender, granted, I only have test dates. I barely use my PlayBook calender anyways, especially if I have my Torch nearby.

As previous poster has explained to you, the process with Camera pictures. Not really a big issue for me, considering I can always move them around afterwards.
    I'm guessing that means you don't sync your calendar with Facebook and for many of us that's what's broken. My Yahoo calendar syncs just fine while my Facebook calendar no longer syncs even tho it says that it is so all my birthday reminders have disappeared. So while there's "absolutely nothing wrong" with your calendar (and I'm happy for you ), there's definitely something wrong with mine.
    10-06-12 10:22 AM
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with my Calender, granted, I only have test dates. I barely use my PlayBook calender anyways, especially if I have my Torch nearby.

As previous poster has explained to you, the process with Camera pictures. Not really a big issue for me, considering I can always move them around afterwards.
    This thread's purpose is to alert people to the possible drawbacks in updating to 2.1 so they can make an informed opinion whether the benefits to them outweigh the problems. It's not to encourage every member to say whether or not they have experienced these drawbacks. The polls are for that purpose and far more useful, since the potential updater can get a better grasp on seeing the odds of experiencing a problem without reading through hundreds of posts.
    10-06-12 10:44 AM
    I have to admit, when I first saw the little icon indicating new software update, I ALMOST hit the icon and then hesitated, thinking "maybe I'll just check on Crackberry to see if anyone is having problems first" and I'm glad I did. I use both my Playbooks for biz and cannot be without the contacts and calendars right now. I don't have time to do backup, update, testing, rollbacks, etc right now as the real estate market here is on fire. I'll just keep using the version I've got which is working for me right now, and will update later when I feel like facing a possible problem. I might get lucky and be one of the ones who didn't have problems, who knows? My PB syncs with my GoogleCalendar and GoogleContacts so I might be OK... but don't have time to take that chance right now.

As far as the new numbering system for pics, being a photographer, that's just plain stupid. If all cameras and photo-shooting devices number in sequence, even if one pic is deleted, why on earth mess with something that works.
    10-06-12 11:03 AM
    Well, my main 64gig is still on OS 2.0.xxxxx. I am still T H I N K I N G about updating it. The 32gig is updated but I don't use it regularly and it does not have most of my apps. I guess I could wipe it and give it the same bbid as the 64 and download apps and see how it does. But then again, it would not be the same as updating the current 64gig as it exists. Well, STILL THINKING!
    10-06-12 11:16 AM
    This thread's purpose is to alert people to the possible drawbacks in updating to 2.1 so they can make an informed opinion whether the benefits to them outweigh the problems.
    This forums purpose is to share experiences.
    10-06-12 12:00 PM
    Now, I am anything but a power user, and I have dabbled with side loading android apps, but I upgraded to 2.1, thinking that with all the beta work, it couldn't be any worse than the betas. I downloaded, and lo and behold.....everything worked as I remembered.....gmail calendar, contacts, crackberry, kindle, whatsapp. I don't know the intricacies of things, but I am very satisfied....but then, I am just a shelp who uses stock stuff.

John
    10-07-12 02:30 AM
    This forums purpose is to share experiences.
    Yes, but it's organized into threads for a reason. (Now I will stop so this thread can return to its topic!)
    10-07-12 08:43 AM
    I have the gmail calender synced in with moderate information to sync. I dont use the Local Calender so much yet but I do use it.

I had Zero Issues with my upgrade.
    10-07-12 09:12 AM
    I've still held off on the daily-use 64gig pb. I will give it some thought the rest of today!
    10-07-12 06:55 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD