I was thinking of an alternative to turn off the Playbook screen....

Just as you turn it on if you swipe your finger through all the screen. A neat feature would be to send to standby if you swipe your finger through all screen like "closing" all the OS.

I get that a problem would be people might standby their playbook instead of minimizing the application... But it would be a nice solution for the small power button (for which I have no problem to press)
    04-20-11 03:51 PM
    I agree that it would be awesome for some sort of swipe combo to turn it off. i think just bezel to bezel, same as turning it on, would be quite effective.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 03:57 PM
    don't you have a "power off icon" under ALL tab.... thats how I shut if off.
    04-20-11 04:04 PM
    i think they should add 'sleep'/'standby' to the options that come up under the power tab.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-20-11 04:09 PM
    i think they should add 'sleep'/'standby' to the options that come up under the power tab.

That would be another idea...
    04-20-11 04:49 PM
    If you mean the hardware key - THAT would be the ideal situation and works for ALL users! This is why certain finger gestures just don't work better than physical buttons.

I still find it amazing that RIM came up with a live bezel before Apple did.
    04-21-11 09:44 PM
    If you mean the hardware key - THAT would be the ideal situation and works for ALL users! This is why certain finger gestures just don't work better than physical buttons.

I still find it amazing that RIM came up with a live bezel before Apple did.
    the live bezel is def my fav feature
    04-21-11 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD