Hey everyone, i am novice dev for BB, i done some apps for my PB (flash) and BB10 (cascades).

I love my Playbook as many of you there, so i go a simple idea to to keep the flame of the love on, we can develop apps for Playbook using the bbUI.js to give the looking of BB10.
    we can do a copy of the on the box apps for bb10 on HTML5 and also our own apps.
    Ex.
    all done as bb10 looking and feeling.
    - the music player.
    - gallery.
    - camera (maybe not easy).
    - video player.
    - file browser.
    - maps.

i think this is possible to be done, i am not asking to hack or change the OS, just port our apps to bbUI.js to have the BB10 feeling.
    at this moment i am porting 2 of my apps to bbUI.js, when this is done i will share here.

you can put it open source or just free apps.

Come on DEVs!
    12-26-13 09:52 PM
    I dont think we are so bothered about bb10 look and feel just good apps which work as intended.

keep it up though
    12-26-13 10:10 PM
    The more apps the better, looking forward to the releases of these apps.
    12-26-13 10:27 PM
    I dont think we are so bothered about bb10 look and feel just good apps which work as intended.

keep it up though
    BB10 = good apps that work as intended + look and feel

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 10:30 PM
    You can get pseudo-BB10 apps on the PB by compiling with the 10.0.4 NDK. You'll get the older style, possibly incomplete Cascades widgets but I don't know if everything works. I only played with it for a while before giving up

Info here: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb-10-d...aybook-833125/

Personal rant: I hate Cascades! I don't understand how something cross-platform like QML could be turned into proprietary nonsense, but BBRY is good at stuff like that. Contrast that to Sailfish or Ubuntu Touch which use standard QML components.
    12-26-13 10:43 PM
    i tried to run bb10 apps on playbook compiling like the method in the link, but i never can make it work, so i give it up and start to try to learn HTML5 and WebWorks.
    01-06-14 09:55 AM
    While I do think it's refreshing that the OP still has some enthusiasm for Playbook development, any rallying cry for others to develop anything for the Playbook has already fallen on deaf ears before. I should know cause one of those rallying cries came from me...
    01-06-14 10:30 AM
    Hey everyone, i am novice dev for BB, i done some apps for my PB (flash) and BB10 (cascades).

I love my Playbook as many of you there, so i go a simple idea to to keep the flame of the love on, we can develop apps for Playbook using the bbUI.js to give the looking of BB10.
    we can do a copy of the on the box apps for bb10 on HTML5 and also our own apps.
    Ex.
    all done as bb10 looking and feeling.
    - the music player.
    - gallery.
    - camera (maybe not easy).
    - video player.
    - file browser.
    - maps.

i think this is possible to be done, i am not asking to hack or change the OS, just port our apps to bbUI.js to have the BB10 feeling.
    at this moment i am porting 2 of my apps to bbUI.js, when this is done i will share here.

you can put it open source or just free apps.

Come on DEVs!
    BRAVO!!! i wish there were more guys like you!!! keep it up!!! lookin' forward to your apps,,, if you need a tester, let me know...
    01-06-14 10:42 AM
    01-07-14 08:19 AM
    What about a vide editor? the playbook lacks one and there is no video edition apps on bb world and the sideloaded dont work.
    01-07-14 01:58 PM
    What about a vide editor? the playbook lacks one and there is no video edition apps on bb world and the sideloaded dont work.
    advanced camera app has an edit function,,, not sure how good it is...

Advanced Camera - BlackBerry World
    01-07-14 03:30 PM