Odd things have been happening with my playbook over the last few weeks that have required a hard reboot. Have these happened to you?

1. Browser and something else is minimized, the OS goes black, all bezel gestures stop working, yet i can still interact with the web browser while its tiny.

2. Everything freezes including the OS requiring a reboot.

3. Wanting to touch my playbook more than I think I wanted to touch girls in highschool.
    05-30-11 01:20 PM
    Concerning points 1 and two; call RIM customer service. They can't help you with point 3. For that you need counseling. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-11 01:26 PM
    Haven't experienced any of the 3 problems listed

05-30-11 01:29 PM
    same

sgdfgfd
    05-30-11 02:49 PM
    Maybe point 3 once or twice... a day... zing!
    05-30-11 03:25 PM
    I agree with the rest of the posters for points 1 and 2, however for point 3 it would be more my hubby complaining I touch and stroke the PB more then him!! but if I had the PB for 20+ years maybe I'll touch it less! LOL...
    05-30-11 03:57 PM
    Odd things have been happening with my playbook over the last few weeks that have required a hard reboot. Have these happened to you?

1. Browser and something else is minimized, the OS goes black, all bezel gestures stop working, yet i can still interact with the web browser while its tiny.

3. Wanting to touch my playbook more than I think I wanted to touch girls in highschool.
    This is what RIM likes to call a Robust operating system and internet without limits. Amateur hour is over.
    05-30-11 04:43 PM

If I have been running a lot of applications for a while, whenever something acts a little buggy I'll just pop it off and then right back on again and that usually does the trick. If overall operation gets laggy, I'll do a normal restart (which is refreshingly quick) and I'm good to go. I've never been forced to perform a hard reset (knock wood).

One thing I think I've noticed is that after downloading some applications the UI isn't as smooth as prior to the download until they are either deleted or a soft restart is done.
    05-30-11 05:02 PM
    you must have a defective unit - call the service # and tell them about it. They'll probably just replace it... tho they'll probably make you send in a few error logs or such trouble-shooting first.

A properly functioning unit should not do that. Too bad Mr. Thumbtyper guy has to use it as an excuse to crap on RIM. All manufactured products have the occasional defective unit that gets thru the QA process.
    05-30-11 05:51 PM
    Mine started doing the same 2 days ago. This morning the weirdest thing happened. I did my now customary check for updates and yipee there was an update available. What was really weird was the update was to the current version that was already downloaded on my PB that was release I believe on the 5th. Now my PB will connect to my hotspot but not browse to anything. Rebooting has no effect on it either. Not sure what else to do but I fear this thing has gone crazy again...sigh. No energy to deal with it now....maybe tonight or this weekend.
    05-31-11 08:49 AM
    Third problem seems like the real issue if you ask me...LOL

BUT, do you leave your PB on all the time? How much browsing? I notice after heavy browsing that I need to clear the cache and history from my PB because it gets like IE if you don't clear it all out for a few months of heavy browsing. (No I don't use IE but I do run IT for a County Government and everyone else does such a pain in my @$$). Think about your PB as a PC running and older version of Windows. Windows 7 is MUCH better about being able to run for days, weeks, and even months without needing a restart. But if we think back to XP (before SP3) or even earlier builds you could not leave your PC on all the time, it would bog and slow itself down. And with the newness of the QNX OS I am assuming it has some of the same issues, memory leak for one. I know there are a TON of posts about it in the forums so I won't go into details about it here. I usually restart mine about once a week and don't have any issues any more, I did at first thought. I also dump my browser cache when ever it starts running slow, which also is about once a week.

Just my 2 cents on your 2 issues...on the third...um...as long as they are 18 and in high school I guess no issues there to worry about...
    05-31-11 09:03 AM
    This is what RIM likes to call a Robust operating system and internet without limits. Amateur hour is over.
    Because of one person having this issue? Every piece of technology ever made has always had issues. He got a buggy unit. I can't wait till they get QNX more polished on the Playbook so everyone can shut up about how bad they think it is.

I have no idea if you are just here to stir things up or not but the OS seems to be mainly fine for most people so far.

05-31-11 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD