Hi all

Hope everyone's enjoying os2! I'm having problems with getting iCloud mail to work with os2, it says "saving and verifying settings" and does nothing else.

I've used the exact settings as instructed on here: iCloud: Mail server information with no success. Anyone else having problems with iCloud and their PlayBook?
    02-21-12 04:29 PM
    It worked but has recently stopped.........
    can not get caldav to work.
    I got contacts to work but if i change anything on playbook it deletes the contact from iCloud
    02-21-12 04:56 PM
    I got my icloud to show up with

IMAP Server: imap.mail.me.com
    port: 993
    SSL

SMTP Server: smtp.mail.me.com
    port: 587
    StartTLS

But in the email client when I click a message the email does not display. Just a white screen.

Seems to be my only problem with os2 so far.
    02-21-12 06:29 PM
    I deleted my icloud account and re-did it and it worked fine in normal (not advanced) mode. But after I got icloud working I got knocked off of my gmail account. And so it goes...

:edit:
    All is good again. Don't know what happened with gmail but it is working now. I think the email issues are more of a server traffic thing than any real issue with os2.
    Last edited by houseofcrew; 02-21-12 at 07:04 PM.
    02-21-12 06:51 PM
    I've managed to get my iCloud inbox to show in messages, but none of my folders are there...

Contacts seem to work fine.

Can't get calendars to work for the life of me, I've tried a million different settings.

Anyone managed to get their iCloud calendars, or mail folders to sync over?
    02-22-12 05:41 AM
    I've managed to get iCloud mail working, but no folders and emails to not sync both ways (if I send an email from the playbook it won't appear in the sent items on the iPhone or on icloud.com)

I have the same issue with my yahoo. Clearly Playbook OS 2.0 is not working with IMAP accounts, and is effectively turning them into POP accounts.

What are the settings for getting your iCloud contacts working? I've had no luck getting the iCloud calendars on there either

02-22-12 06:20 AM
    I've managed to get iCloud mail working, but no folders and emails to not sync both ways (if I send an email from the playbook it won't appear in the sent items on the iPhone or on icloud.com)

I have the same issue with my yahoo. Clearly Playbook OS 2.0 is not working with IMAP accounts, and is effectively turning them into POP accounts.

What are the settings for getting your iCloud contacts working? I've had no luck getting the iCloud calendars on there either

Glad to hear its not just me then.

I got the contacts to work by adding a new contacts CardDAV account in settings, and used the server address: contacts.icloud.com
    02-22-12 06:29 AM
    You must give a little time to time ...
    In other words, if your settings are ok (no error), just close the app easy and do something else for a while, maybe 10-15 minutes.
    02-22-12 06:32 AM
    I have contacts working and if I change something on my mac it changes on the Playbook.
    BUT if I change something on the Playbook it deletes that entry from the Address Book on the mac.
    And no luck getting calendar to sync
    02-22-12 06:39 AM
    I have Rogers Yahoo email here in Canada. I set up access via IMAP and it works perfectly. I delete an email on my iPhone and the same email on my PB is later gone.

Can one access their iCloud calendar on PB?
    02-22-12 06:43 AM
    Thanks, have got iCloud contacts working now so that's something. Must just remember not to edit the on the Playbook!

Still can't get the calendars to sync over using CalDav.

No idea how the Playbook is managing to set these IMAP accounts up to work as POP accounts...!
    02-22-12 06:44 AM
    My Yahoo account is actually a BTinternet account (BTYahoo!), can't get it to work as an IMPA account (same problem as iCloud)
    02-22-12 06:45 AM
    Thanks, have got iCloud contacts working now so that's something. Must just remember not to edit the on the Playbook!

Still can't get the calendars to sync over using CalDav.

No idea how the Playbook is managing to set these IMAP accounts up to work as POP accounts...!

Hi,

the old MobileMe service allowed CalDav but if you have migrated to iCloud you won't be able to anymore.

I have the exact same problems with IMAP and iCloud not showing the IMAP folders etc.

One other thing i noticed is that messages in OS2.0 doesn't cache the inbox messages content so if you go offline e.g. flight mode you can't read any of your mails apart from the last few days.

This reminds me of some mail clients from 10 years ago.
    02-22-12 06:53 AM
    It's a shame the calendars don't sync, and they can't even be shared to gmail accounts from what I can tell. I'd be happy with read only if I could even get that working somehow...

Was thinking maybe create a yahoo account and share to that from iCloud, but it's midnight here in Australia and I'm tired and can't be bothered right now. Might try tomorrow.
    02-22-12 07:03 AM
    Another iCloud issue. If you read an email on the Playbook and then click the Trashcan to delete it, then get home and open Apple Mail, the message is marked read, but its still there. I have to twice delete every message every day. This is untenable. My patience with the Playbook has run out after waiting so long for this update and then having something as simple as iMAP not being properly implemented.

Matt
    02-26-12 05:29 PM
    I scrapped iCloud and moved my contacts and calendar to Hotmail. Works perfectly.

I also sync my Hotmail email and that works great too. If Apple is going to make it difficult for me to use another non-Apple device, I may have to consider a non-Apple phone next time around.
    02-26-12 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD