I think it's well said by now that Ice Age Village is an amazing apply new to BlackBerry, but it's also well said that it's VERY buggy and crashes on countless occasions.

How many other people are having this problem?

Or... Is it just me?
    04-07-13 02:33 AM
    normal to me
    04-07-13 04:36 AM
    Ice Age crashes on me every time I buy something. It is very frustrating for sure. Too bad because this is such a great game to play.
    04-07-13 04:37 PM
    Mine works fine
    must be yours
    04-07-13 05:09 PM
    I can pretty much assure you that this is common across all platforms. The game takes a lot of resources to run everything.
    Chaplain_Clancy likes this.
    04-07-13 05:13 PM
    Yup. Getting more crashes as I get more stuff.
    04-07-13 08:39 PM
    yes. well documented that level 15 is the level it will crash everytime. multiple tweets and emails have been sent with the reply that an update is in development. hopefully it comes soon. in the meantime collect coins and acorns. the later levels are very expensive
    04-07-13 10:52 PM
    Hi - I got this game over the weekend, got to level 15 tonight and now everyone I buy something or place things it shuts down is this what happened with you?
    04-15-13 05:44 PM
    yes. company has been contacted. a fix is being worked on

Sent from an ATM Machine
    04-15-13 06:39 PM
    I love it but I can't buy or add anything without it crashing.
    So frustrating!
    04-17-13 08:21 PM
    yeah but I don't think I would have collected over 4 million dollars and 400 acorns if I could of bought anything. lol

Sent from an ATM Machine
    04-17-13 10:43 PM
    Mine works, but cause I installed it on my Z10 first and played for a week and spednt some money on it there, I do not play it on playbook anymore.
    04-18-13 10:13 AM
    Add my pin, need friends for ice age village 24CB6D4C
    04-18-13 05:09 PM
    Need friends for ice age village add me 24CB6D4C
    04-18-13 05:12 PM
    Does anyone know if the fix will include the other animals? Wooly Rhino, Panda, etc.?
    04-19-13 09:03 PM
    sorry I have not heard, but they answer email quickly. email or tweet and report back!

Sent from an ATM Machine
    04-19-13 09:27 PM
    Crashes so much. I emailed and got a reply telling me toput my playbook in airplane mode shut it off for two minutes. Restart in airplane mode. Start the game again.

This did nothing for me....now I have a goal to purchase a restaurant and there isn't one to buy. I've gone up about ten levels and it's still the only goal available. Game is so boring now that it crashes every item I place and no new goals and can't complete the restaurant goal and no option to pass it.
    04-26-13 09:58 PM
    I think it was me who first posted about the l15 bug. The game seemed to pick up again after about l32 and became more playable but now I can't buy any new species without it crashing. Adding items also causes it to crash randomly, not as often as it does with buying animals though.

Compared to the android version, the PB version is severely limited. You can't add "friends". The only other village you can visit is Scrat's to play the ridiculous "hide and seek" game. There are no online functions. There are no "seasonal" or "special occasion" updates. Some items are also missing.one of my "goals" is to buy a restaurant. I click the goal, lets go and... no retaurant to buy.

Seriously Game Loft, if you're going to give us a game then please don't cripple it to the point of being unplayable.
    04-27-13 06:01 PM
    Temporary Work Around!!

Hi everyone, I wanted to share my findings on Ice Age. I to have been playing with my son. His started to crash at L16, but mine went to L19 before it started to crash. So after some research and finding no solution I came up with something that has so far worked for me on both my playbooks.

You may have to try this a few times to get the timing correct, but here's what you need to do. Go to an open space on the map that will fit the item or animals you want to purchase. Go to buy it as normal and it will auto pick a spot for you. Here's the part you have to act quickly, dont worry about placing it where you want for now, as the key is to get the game to auto pick a spot where the item will show up as green. Click on the green check mark and IMMEDIATELY swipe up from the bottom to put the app as if you were going to close it or switch to something else running. You should be able to quickly do this before the game crashes. Now click back in to the game, this time you will be in to the game pause menu where you can choose settings and help and what not. Here is where you just close this window, and again as soon as you go back in to the game swipe up and repeat the process. If you do this about 2 or 3 times after which I found the game should have had enough time to register you purchased the item. At this point on your last swipe up, you can close the actual game. When you re-launch the game the item you purchased should be there. If you are lucky you may also get the item for FREE.. I've gotten 2 things so far at no cost using this method, one was the T-Rex (1,000,000) coins saved! and some other animal.

You may have to try what I described above a few times to get the timing correct, but at least you can get past buying the animals you need to move forward with some quests until Game Loft fixes the issue. I've been able to use this method on both my playbooks, so that's why I wanted to share with the rest of you. It is anoying yes to have to close and re-launch the game, but at least this is something. Please give it a try and tell me if other people have gotten this to work.

Vager
    FF22, nappp and Halilady like this.
    05-01-13 12:44 PM
    I think it's well said by now that Ice Age Village is an amazing apply new to BlackBerry, but it's also well said that it's VERY buggy and crashes on countless occasions.

How many other people are having this problem?

Or... Is it just me?
    Anyone else having the problem of the whole Playbook become unstable? I has numerous issues, including that I could not connect it to my PC. All solved with rebuilding the tablet from scratch, but it all started around the time I installed Ice Age. I had to restore from an old backup (October 2012) because I could not create a new one.
    05-01-13 08:28 PM
    Anyone else having the problem of the whole Playbook become unstable? I has numerous issues, including that I could not connect it to my PC. All solved with rebuilding the tablet from scratch, but it all started around the time I installed Ice Age. I had to restore from an old backup (October 2012) because I could not create a new one.
    I am not experiencing this. glad your wipe fixed it for you. thanks for sharing a possible effect. time will tell if it affects others

Sent from an ATM Machine
    05-01-13 09:28 PM
    Temporary Work Around!!

Hi everyone, I wanted to share my findings on Ice Age. I to have been playing with my son. His started to crash at L16, but mine went to L19 before it started to crash. So after some research and finding no solution I came up with something that has so far worked for me on both my playbooks.

You may have to try this a few times to get the timing correct, but here's what you need to do. Go to an open space on the map that will fit the item or animals you want to purchase. Go to buy it as normal and it will auto pick a spot for you. Here's the part you have to act quickly, dont worry about placing it where you want for now, as the key is to get the game to auto pick a spot where the item will show up as green. Click on the green check mark and IMMEDIATELY swipe up from the bottom to put the app as if you were going to close it or switch to something else running. You should be able to quickly do this before the game crashes. Now click back in to the game, this time you will be in to the game pause menu where you can choose settings and help and what not. Here is where you just close this window, and again as soon as you go back in to the game swipe up and repeat the process. If you do this about 2 or 3 times after which I found the game should have had enough time to register you purchased the item. At this point on your last swipe up, you can close the actual game. When you re-launch the game the item you purchased should be there. If you are lucky you may also get the item for FREE.. I've gotten 2 things so far at no cost using this method, one was the T-Rex (1,000,000) coins saved! and some other animal.

You may have to try what I described above a few times to get the timing correct, but at least you can get past buying the animals you need to move forward with some quests until Game Loft fixes the issue. I've been able to use this method on both my playbooks, so that's why I wanted to share with the rest of you. It is anoying yes to have to close and re-launch the game, but at least this is something. Please give it a try and tell me if other people have gotten this to work.

Vager
    thank you! will try shortly and report back. I have 40 million coins and 900 acorns since I have not bought anything. I'm ready to buy!

Sent from an ATM Machine
    05-01-13 09:29 PM
    everyone it works! thanks! I finally bought the worms that are on sale and am starting on the stag as its a pending mission

Sent from an ATM Machine
    05-01-13 10:31 PM
    Stability is also affected by Airplane mode. When you cannot get something to work, try switching the state if Airplane mode (on or off). It is not very predictable, but sometimes makes a difference.
    05-07-13 10:52 PM
    I use the above solution. works most of the time. my village has really grown. I have tons of animals and decorations now. I posted a screenshot in another thread. only shows a portion of the village I havemade using the "pause, close" solution

Sent from an ATM Machine
    05-07-13 11:24 PM
55 123